• I’ve decided I need to let you go

by  • May 4, 2018 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 11 Comments

I love you more than I should, which is why I pushed you away and tested you like I did. My world may be messed up, but yours isn’t, so while I seemed out of my mind at the time, I really wasn’t.. well, some. I just didn’t want to harm the life you’ve built in anyway, and I haven’t been trusting myself after all I’ve been through. You’re the person I want, but will never have. I’m ok with that if you are happy; and you are. I can never tell you this, so you will always believe the worst about me, but that’s how it needs to be. I love you, always and forever. This is for the best..

11 Responses to I’ve decided I need to let you go

1. Shipwrecked
      May 4, 2018 at 6:11 pm

This is the most tragic, loving beautiful thing I have ever heard! I would hate to hear this! I am sad for you Author! Why are you giving up hope? Hope is what keeps us going, striving. They don’t know that you love them?

Well, do what you must, but at least let them know that they are loved. Everyone deserves to feel loved. I understand you not wanting to harm the life they have built and that is very honorable, but you deserve to know the outcome should they feel the same way, don’t you think?

Besides it’s really their choice.

I mean, you are sort of holding all the cards and controlling the situation here. How is that fair to them? If you don’t see them as an equal party who deserves to be in on the decisions of a relationship, then yes, you should let them go and walk away. For you simply don’t love them enough.

2. I get it
      May 4, 2018 at 8:32 pm

You dont love me and thats just a way for you to spare my feelings. I understand

3. I get it
      May 4, 2018 at 8:38 pm

You dont love me. I understand. You pushed me away and tested me without giving me a chance.I get everything.

4. Really?
      May 5, 2018 at 3:43 am

Keep telling yourself that this would be for the best if it helps you.
      I do propose a question though:
      What if the happiness you see only exists because you are the cause – no matter how it appears to you?

5. J
      May 5, 2018 at 4:53 am

C?

6. Whatever
      May 5, 2018 at 5:21 am

There is absolutely nothing noble about letting someone stew in their own feelings of inadequacy when the truth would make them feel otherwise. You do not love them or even care about them. In fact, you’re probably not even capable of anything near love, so just drop the self-pitying yet sanctimonious act.

7. Voiceofreason
      May 5, 2018 at 5:26 am

Real love doesn’t come along often. If it is love then don’t let go. Tell them how you feel or regret it forever.

8. No one seems to agree.
      May 5, 2018 at 10:04 am

Wow. These commenters seem unanimous. Let me add: This sounds like a cover up for a fear of rejection or fear of commitment. Perhaps both?

9. Soundadvicehuh?
      May 5, 2018 at 1:19 pm

60 seconds of courage could become a lifetime of happiness. Do not let go.

10. Your Choice
      May 5, 2018 at 8:08 pm

Is to make them think they are insane then? Nice. Real nice.

11. more fake news
      May 6, 2018 at 9:05 am

Put to the test. Didn’t pass the test. Discarded. Not quite sure who is the lucky one here, author or op.