• LOVE DOES NOT ALWAYS FIND A WAY

by  • March 17, 2018 • * Safe for Work *, Waxing Poetic • 6 Comments

LOVE DOES NOT ALWAYS FIND A WAY

I seek not in your orphic eyes vestiges of hope–the elixir of youth,

But belatedly offer you the gratitude of a hapless romantic.

My humble wish is forgiveness for not finding a way.

Nostalgia is the balm for the anguish of youthful blunders.

Imperfect memory tenaciously pleads —

“Lock the doors to the immutable past.”

My wanderings since that spring weren’t meant to follow.

I am the lost hiker stumbling into your garden uninvited

Recalling a distant haven belonging to neither and

A hope of recognition before a final farewell.

6 Responses to LOVE DOES NOT ALWAYS FIND A WAY

1. ;
      March 18, 2018 at 1:25 am

Maybe your person needs a sincere apology from you in a more formal way (not on this site).

2. unsure
      March 18, 2018 at 8:02 pm

This is nicely written. However, it can easily be misinterpreted.

Just tell your person whatever it is you wish to tell them in a clear and concise way – that way there is no room for misunderstandings.

3. Always
      March 24, 2018 at 1:27 am

There is always a way.
      I walked many o hard and considered impossible ones in my lifetime and know plenty of “roads not taken”.
      If it’s a finall farewell you seek, be the one to express it directly to the one this is intended for and not in the ether of LINS
      Forgiveness may be given for the choices you make for you but not likely for excuses to soften them.

4. ?
      March 26, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I really don’t know how to respond to this one – I’m really confused what you are trying to tell me or what you’re asking of me? Soo many questions. Are you only asking me to forgive you? What do you mean by recognition?…

5. Winter
      March 26, 2018 at 7:59 pm

To my person who in a perfect world this would make sense.. I don’t forgive you. Love always finds a way. You chose not to. I needed and wanted you. I really needed you here. I’ve never felt so alone. You can’t solve that for me
      I wish you had loved me. I feel like I always will because you helped me through so much. I can’t forgive you. You gave up when I thought I never could. Thanks for hurting me. I wish i could say this is just anger and hurt. But its more. Enjoy your excuses while I enjoy my pain. you bailed out when I needed you most.

6. Flowers
      March 26, 2018 at 8:19 pm

I will always be grateful for you.