• different ways of thinking

by  • February 28, 2018 • * Safe for Work *, Closure • 6 Comments

After all of this whatever you’d call it I come to the conclusion that we are able to feel each other but think very differently. I tried to understand you. I really did. Now I know better, I guess. You don’t think like I do and I don’t think like you do. The feeling is our only common ground. As we saw, this was not enough.

6 Responses to different ways of thinking

1. Redstringoffate
      February 28, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Funny when you think you know someone but actually know very little. You only see your perspective. There are many other perspectives other than yours. Try the ild.method of putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. That should help. There is no such thing as not enough. It’s called a lack of trying.

2. Me
      February 28, 2018 at 7:51 pm

K-
      Sure we think differently, everyone does.
      Are we compatible, I always thought so.
      The feeling is real and intense for me.
      Don’t fool yourself, we know fear is what held and holds us back, fear on both sides.
      I’m scared in general, but I always feared that the shit that happened to you as a kid might be a permanent blockcade between us. I just don’t know.
      It really hurts going thru life knowing who you should be with and also knowing that the chances of that happening are really low. I hide my pain behind fake smiles and excitement, but underneath I’m just wishing we were together. I cherish every time we see each other. I know the pain I will feel when we part will be intense, but those moments in time with you make it all worth it. I am usually in tears druring the drive home, but the time I get there I have already planned several possibilities of when I can see you again.
      D-

3. T
      February 28, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Probably not him, I’m still in awe, would of thought someone crazy if they said they felt another persons energy, it was fantasy until it became so very real.. but I’m at peace with it and I smile about the ways he still finds ways of getting close enough to feel my aura… it is what it is,,, me the third party, the tag along, the friend to the end.. with love

4. Anonymous
      March 4, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Your feelings for each other may be enough to make it work, that is if both are willing to put in the effort and try. I strongly suggest reading the books below; I wish I had read these books when my ex and I were having conflicts. Take care.

1. “Getting to YES: negotiating agreement without giving in” – Third Edition (2011) – by Fisher, Ury and Patton.

2. “The Assertiveness Workbook: how to express your ideas and stand up for yourself at work and in relationships” – 2000 – by Paterson.

• reader
        March 6, 2018 at 2:04 pm

5. Lover from another mother
      March 8, 2018 at 1:38 am

I do not believe mind twins exist. Not sure where you got the notion that you have to think the same way for a relationship to work!

Everybody thinks differently, typically from a very selfish perspective. There are countless factors that can shape a way a person thinks, not to mentioned the fundamental differences between sexes. It has been said that women have sex to get love and men love to get sex. Some of us grow beyond our basic instincts (needing to be loved or needing to have sex) and learn to let our egos dissolve and overcome our fears, which can allow us to merge more intimately with our counterparts. Others lack self awareness and may never change.

The key to a relationship working is understanding that your counterpart will no doubt will think, feel, and perceive things differently. That is where communication comes into play. Only with open communication can you begin to understand another.

How good are you at communicating or do you just like to rely on mind reading?