• Why Good Girls Go For Jerks:

by  • January 17, 2018 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 10 Comments

This will be a new way of thinking perhaps, but please keep an open mind.

I have a theory that most women view all men the same: dogs, sex crazed maniacs, etc. No matter how a woman views a man, it almost always involves a level of “he will hurt me in some way” mentality. We women HOPE he doesn’t, but it is usually expected that he will at least flirt with other women or sometimrs something more serious. We are taught from birth that all men are the same. All are sex crazed dogs who only want that one thing. We want to be the one woman who he changes for. We yearn to be the one who he makes an honest man out of himself for. I think we all want to feel that special.

So ladies, we have two men in front of us. Think Dean Winchester vs Sam Winchester. (Supernatural fans?) Anyway, most women go for Dean. He is flirty and outgoing, a real go getter. He is cocky and confident. He is dangerous. This is the man that will always make you feel sexy and wanted and fulfill your edgy desires. But the truth is that there is no risk there. Any woman would go into that relationship expecting to get hurt, but hoping for the best and call it something like, “Just seeing how things go.”

Now Sam on the other hand is kind but tough, gentler, sweet. The brother type. The one who will always be there to be your shoulder to cry on. This man is always in your corner. He loved you and you know it. He will always be your friend. The truth is that he is the real risk. If HE hurts you, you will lose all faith in him, and in the male gender altogether. He couldn’t, would never hurt you. You are sure of this in your heart. But what if he did?

What if he did?

Why cant we have both?

10 Responses to Why Good Girls Go For Jerks:

1. Th dichotomy of man
      January 17, 2018 at 1:50 pm

You can’t have both because it’s two different people. Dean doesn’t care about you because he knows he can easily replace you. He has lived the life of the player, which all men would at least like to experience at some point in their life. Sam, on the other hand, has had a lifetime of being ignored, rejected, and passed over for the Deans of the world. He’ll never trust you, not completely, because he’ll always see himself as the ‘safe’ option. The one you’d cheat on or leave for five charming words from Dean and his magnificent abs and sports car. The one you settle down with after you lived your own player (read: ho) experience. The one you love, not the one you lust. He wasn’t the guy you went to prom with, he wasn’t the guy you gave your virginity to, he wasn’t the guy who picked you up at the bar for a night of drunken sex, he wasn’t the guy you bragged about dating to your friends, he’s the guy after all that. You know, the one who gets to provide for you and raise your children and get bitched at for his entire life for stupid shit like not taking the trash out while his football team is playing. In short, the reason why Dean and Sam are two different people is not because they were born that way, it’s because of the way women have treated them their entire life. Yes, that’s right, it is 100% your fault, your creation.

Here’s a thought. Instead of spending your whole life trying to change Dean into Sam and crying over the inevitably poor results, why don’t you try for once to change Sam into Dean? Women aren’t the only ones who like to feel desired. And Sam will understand and actually appreciate you being the one woman who saw him and treated him like all men want to be treated.

Sam

PS I’ve never seen the show, just going off your descriptions.

2. Addendum
      January 17, 2018 at 8:59 pm

While youre pondering the above, maybe you can explain to me how 50 shades of grey sold 125 million copies? Because you’d rather literally be beaten than to give Sam a chance. After all, it makes you feel ‘sexy and wanted and fulfills your edgy desires’ right? Just seeing how things go, right? You know, because Sam is the ‘risky’ option.

Keep in mind author, that Im not speaking to you directly, just to you as a representative of women around the world, when I say on behalf of all Sams that your hypocrisy absolutely disgusts me.

• Spot on!
        January 25, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Omg, you are freakin awesome haha! Love this ????

• Imho
        April 28, 2018 at 4:08 pm

Personally, women are seduced by the excitement of the “risk”. “Good guys” only really need a small element of excitement.

For example, when is the last time she got home from work and the kids were at a sitter and he had laid out her favorite clothes, left her a sweet note to shower and be ready by a certain time and then took her out? Just a simple element of surprise now and then. That is all she needs. When humans couple up, we forget these simplest of mating rituals.

In the same aspect, women in a coupled relationship let him forget this, because they give too much. They forget how to make him work for it. And society makes them feel guilty for finding this excitement elsewhere.

The women who continue to make men work for it are the most desirable in today’s society. Most of these women stay single for own selfishness, always the damsel in distress, always promising, but they never give. They are always dangling that carrot, while the woman he wishes she were, is forgotten and neglected because she becomes too subservient.

3. EmptytpmE
      January 18, 2018 at 12:56 am

We just want a man who wants to laugh with us, and just be playful, love us, and push us to be our best. But we don’t like being pushed away

4. Kari
      January 18, 2018 at 7:40 am

Wow. Interesting point!

January 19, 2018 at 2:43 pm

I thought so too. That is why I shared it. Any woman with an open mind can see some truth in this. Made me ponder a bit deeper. Self reflection, I guess.

5. well, then!
      January 19, 2018 at 2:42 pm

lol. hypocrisy? How is it hypocritical?

I seem to have touched a nerve. I apologize for offending you, but this was just an epiphany I had while speaking to a “Sam”.

He is the one who introduced the idea to me that women are oblivious to the good guys’ actions and are somehow entranced by the bad boys. He said the good guys are the real risk, because we know the bad boys will hurt us yet we have hopes to change them. It made me think. It made me question myself and I saw some truth in it. So I thought I’d share my thoughts on the subject.

But please enlighten me on how I am such a hypocrite for having an open mind?

• Who are we, really?
        January 25, 2018 at 9:29 pm

OK to answer this… I was with “bad boys” most of my life and then I met a “good guy” and thought I was all set. But he ended up hurting me more than any motherfucker on the planet could ever have. So you never know, do you? So remember one thing, anybody is capable of any thing. Including us.

• oh my!
          January 27, 2018 at 12:07 am

I never claimed to “know” anything. Just thinking through writing. It isn’t like all situations are exactly alike. Jeez. Forgive me for sharing my thoughts!