• Dear who’s not mine,

by  • December 27, 2017 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 10 Comments

How can I forget you when you appear in all of my dreams. I’m fooled into imagining you coming back into my life to stay and happiness overwhelms me. I believe you. Then I wake up. I lay motionless with remembrances of everything we shared, the painful departure and the choice I took.

No matter how much I distract myself… I miss you. I tell everyone I’m over you, that it doesn’t hurt anymore. How can I fool everyone yet not myself. I remember the sound of your laugh better than the last song I’ve heard. And I love music.

I’m terrified of meeting you because I’m craving just to be able to see you.

10 Responses to Dear who’s not mine,

1. Angel
      December 27, 2017 at 11:04 am

So beautiful. Makes me just miss him, everything, all of him but he’s not mine anymore.

• adreamer1231
        December 29, 2017 at 12:08 pm

I feel you. Lovely to relate with others.

2. Your mother
      December 27, 2017 at 5:51 pm

These people are doing nothing but dream their heads off!

• A.
        December 29, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Than you for taking the time to comment. I believe this website is meant for a reason and I’m sure you can understand the title. This is a letter to someone I can never be with. I’m choosing not to do anything because I want to leave that person happy. I’m not ‘dreaming’, I have dreams that you get when you sleep.

3. His father
      December 27, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Honey, if he ain’t love you, would you please try to find another one who is faithful; that sucker just wants to play Romio to every girl in his office.

• A.
        December 29, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I agree with you. Thank you. 🙂

4. A
      December 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Going through the same problem. It wont just go away if it was really genuine. Maybe you should reach out.

• A.
        December 29, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Adults that know both of us will definitely say to not interfere with him now, that he settled with someone. I feel like it would be selfish if I told him how I feel. Our families know each other I can’t just move on when I have to see him at points. So I have to hope for a day I meet someone else who would be better.

5. PeterC
      December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am

Robert Frost once said – the only way out is through. There is a mountain of pain and grief that we have to work through and process before we are truly allowed to live on the other side. The grief is testament to our love – only to the extent that we allowed ourselves to be vulnerable and feel love, only to that extent are we also opening up to possible pain and grief. Those who get over people very quickly also never allowed themselves to feel love at the very core of their being.

Think about what self-compassion means for you. If you encountered yourself, hurt and grieving, angry and dizzy/confused – what would you do to soothe? To ease the pain? Maybe look after your body, go for a walk, go to the gym? Maybe something social – even though you don’t really feel like it, do it anyway? Maybe something spiritual, whatever that word may mean to you? Wake up every day asking the question, how can I be compassionate with myself. And end every day with: “for what am I grateful” and answer with a truthful heart.

These are difficult tasks and yet I can promise, if you do them, you will heal.

best of luck,
      PeterC

• A.
        January 3, 2018 at 2:40 pm

You truly have said words of wisdom. Your advice is very realistic and has touched my heart deeply. This is very meaningful to me. I believe in your words and I’ll follow them. Thank you!!