• I messed up

by  • September 21, 2017 • * Safe for Work *, Breaking Up • 12 Comments

here’s to you, the love of my life,

I regret ever saying the words “i just don’t feel the same anymore.” I was selfish, i was being led by others and let their decisions go to my mind and consume me. I let them and i did not let you. Everything we shared, the kisses, the hugs, the midnight calls, when you were crying and i cheered you up. When i was depressed and you did everything to help me feel better. We were perfect despite our differences, but different was so unique to us. We were a perfect balance, A yin yang, not beginning or end, but the middle. We weren’t cold nor hot, we were warm. Warm is how my heart felt whenever i was around you, but i was stupid in letting you go. I want to remain a friendship with you or at least start and fall in love with each other over again, but silly me messed everything up.
    I remember when you first kissed me, how you would look at me and just smile and wrap me in your arms. We would talk about the future and promised to last a long time and to lift each other up whenever something wasn’t right. We planned it all, but why did i do that? Why did I let go of someone who loved me for who I am, someone who cherished my flaws, someone whom will ask me to sing to them just for the sake of listening to my voice, someone who really believed in me and supported my dreams and my plans, someone who loved showing me around in front of everyone, someone who loved being with me and bombard me with “I Love You’s” Why did i let you go?
    With all my heart, soul, and mind,
    I Love You.

12 Responses to I messed up

1. -D
      September 21, 2017 at 5:06 pm

@Author, Did you really feel this way? Who led you? I have never known you to be a follower you are a leader! Why did you let me go if you are in love with me? You were best friend. The Love of my life. I’m sorry too. I should never left.

If this is you Let’s hit the reset button. Buy me Slurpee @7 Eleven? And wanna go trick or treating in Dallas with me? Please call me it will be nice to hear your voice.

With all that I am….

Love,
      – DB

2. anonymous
      September 21, 2017 at 10:20 pm

If there’s a slight chance that you can both move past the mistakes, then it’s worth a try to let them know how you feel.

3. Take the risk
      September 22, 2017 at 11:19 am

@author go to your person and make amends. Everyone messes up at some point. Why not take the risk. Don’t regret twice for not telling them you made a HUGE mistake. what are your initials? Who is this intended for a woman? What are her initials? Maybe she/he is on here looking for you.

Best of luck to you. I am hoping the man that did this to me comes forward. Everyone deserves a second chance if there is a good reason. There are NO excuses to treat people you love like this.

If you truly love someone and want them in your life. You will do anything to keep them safe and not hurt them.

4. Clean up the mess
      September 23, 2017 at 8:44 pm

@Author. Realizing that you made the mistake is a giant leap forward. If you made the mess, take responsibility and clean it up. Best apology is changed behavior. So you made a stupid mistake. You want to be stuck on stupid? Thinking that you will find someone else to replace this person? Sure you can find a person. Anyone can. This site is full of regret and remorse and heartbreak. Classic case of you don’t know what you had till its gone. Allowing others put negative things in your head, why would they do that? People who truly care about your happiness support, help you work on your relationships instead of making a decision to influence you to destroy them. Its very sad and I am guilty of making judgements and telling some friends they should break up and you deserve better. I told them to quit and run without even trying. That was SO wrong and I regret this. I speak from experience and have to support my friends regardless of how I feel about their significant other. That is their journey and their choice and need to support them on their choices. They chose me as a friend so I should not make judgement on their choices and no one is perfect we all make mistakes. If someone loves you just the way you are with all your flaws is the one. The one who is proud to be with you. You do anything you can to not hurt the one they love. Their only intention is to love you. They BELIEVE in you. The commitment. They don’t care about what other people think. All that person is and shows you is that they are proud to have you in their life. Proud to show you off and share their life with you. Let you in and give themselves to you. They are taking a huge risk and being vulnerable. You think you can just recreate or replace this? It is possible. But then why do people write on this site? Believe me if it were that easy people would not be on this site and people wouldn’t be depressed with heartbreak. If someone keeps your relationship a secret is not being truthful. There is a difference in between keeping your relationship private without keeping you partner a secret. People believe in people who you think would never give up something or someone you love. You can still deliver on your promise with your heart, soul and mind. Don’t let the fear control you and be concerned with what people are going to think when you admit you made a mistake. You know what’s going to happen? YOUR REAL FRIENDS THEY ARE GOING TO RESPECT YOU to a level that maybe they never saw. Everyone wants their friends to believe in them. If they are real friends they will HELP you and SUPPORT YOU and help you. Their happiness is your happiness. All you need to do is swallow you pride. GULP and ask them. You have to be honest with them. Or you can just keep pushing down those feelings and emotions and stay stupid. Its hard when you cant express you true feelings. You can run and hide for so long. Your friends will see this. Do we all want to be stuck on stupid regretting, wondering,sad, miserable and cold…or take action and own it and clean up our messes with your person. Stay stuck on stupid for walking away and letting this person go or RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN to them. It doesn’t matter what the reason is on why you let them go and walked away. This person came into your life and made you warm. You saw the Sun (here comes the sun) and they made it alright. Loving you for you. Once in a lifetime. Your balance and warmth. Your Yang is obviously special. People don’t come or write on this site unless they are. Your Yang (balance) that you are in love with. Believe this … someone is over the moon at this opportunity with your person.

I hope you are smart. We would love to believe and show us you are. We are rooting for you.

Good luck to you and everyone else reading this or on this site. I need to run and work to clean up a mess. Gulp.

5. what was I thinking im an idiot
      September 24, 2017 at 3:16 am

Painful. Damn could hear your heartbreak while reading this. typical stupid dickmove to listen to your friends and how great it is single. I’m stupid ass. Been there done that. all up in my head trying to convince myself that i m not in love with her I straight up lied to her face. I went against what how I was truly feeling. guilty and sick over it. my family said wtf and they got over the shock. they are supportive and keep telling me its not too late and to stop being so stubborn. I havent seen her ior talk to her in 10 months. and it is killing me.check my phone looking for a txt or call. Nothing and its all my fault. start writing txt . erase. pull up the contact to call her and hear her voice and tell her I’m sorry. I lied I love you. instead i listen to some of her vm. look at the pix and see I was and still crazy in love with her. I was happy then. Smh Yes I’m an idiot. I gotta man up.and apologize to her. prove to her I love her and will do anything to make up for hurting her. I have to do whatever it takes to give me a chance and fix it. If I am real man i will do this

6. I'm Love. Don't try to live without me
      September 25, 2017 at 5:48 pm

@author if your a Man. My Dad told me that if a man loves and truly wants you he will not give another man the opportunity to have you. If he wants you and doesnt pursue you. He is not a man yet. With what you said you you did let her you pushed her away most likely into someone else arms.

You don’t get to choose who loves you. Real Love chooses you for you. You will never be able to love people as much as you can miss them.

At least you have come to you senses. You would be crazy not to say something.

7. -D
      September 26, 2017 at 1:50 pm

@author this sounds very close to my experience of my boyfriend/love of my life said to me a few months back. What are the chances? It is highly unlikely this is my person. It would be a miracle if he were to ever send me this letter and not waiting around for it either. Then again I have been wrong many times…Never say never.

This is much appreciated to share your experience. I know its been helpful to me. I don’t know if you will ever get over your your heartbreak. I got through mine.

-D

• Why not? Why not do something you are proud of?
        October 7, 2017 at 7:56 am

@-D be proud of yourself to know you got through this and not waiting around for a selfish person if someone did something similar to this. imho if someone loves you with their heart, soul and mind and messes up and says they are sorry and would do anything to get you back is someone you should be proud of.

@author instead of asking why? Why not? Are you proud of what you did? Why live in regret? Why not tell them you messed up? Why not tell them how you really feel? Why not be with someone who is proud to be with you? Why not Apologize for messing up? Why not do the right thing? Why not DO SOMETHING YOU CAN BE PROUD OF? Good luck. You all can work this work out.

8. Not again
      September 27, 2017 at 8:22 pm

@author and what is sad about this it happens all the time and you hear about it all the time. Especially if you were being unfaithful or had someone on the side.
      What’s tragic is you have to live in that lie with yourself
      and everyone else. I’m going to ask why would you or anyone want to continue to destroy yourself and live in a lie? Why aren’t you being true to yourself?
      Why are you disrespecting yourself? You let that happen when you let others influence and have that much control over what you do and your happiness?

Please don’t come back here and write about not going to your Love that you didn’t do anything and you are sad and depressed. Instead,
      Come back and tell us how happy you are
      re that you fixed it and that you are warm with the Love of your life.

Regret lasts forever.

When you live in regret you dont ever forget.

9. Maybe
      September 29, 2017 at 8:36 pm

you don’t love yourself? ;(

10. Why did you?
      September 30, 2017 at 10:12 am

Why did you lie to them?

11. Fist pump
      October 1, 2017 at 10:15 pm

@what was I thinking. fist pump. Refreshing real man with courage. good luck!