• To set the record straight

by  • September 5, 2017 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 13 Comments

I didn’t disappear because of the feelings I saw you had for me, it was my own feelings I was struggling to decipher. I needed space, it was time to move on from this crazy soulmate fantasy. I’m back, as you know, and I’m beginning to realize, this is not something that we can just simply move on from; be it a crazy fantasy or something else entirely. I need you to understand, I don’t want to be with you, I don’t want to interfere with your current life, I would never do that; this is not a physical attraction I’m dealing with. I’ll take your friendship and just simply accept that from time to time, we will feel those occasional undercurrents. It is what it is…

13 Responses to To set the record straight

1. D-
      September 6, 2017 at 5:31 am

Thank you, I really needed to understand what you were thinking all this time. I really thought I was crazy thinking you were feeling anything. If you ever want to talk about it, I would with the understanding it will only be between us. There is a physical aspect for me on top of the other feelings. I can’t help it, you have always been very attractive. But I can deal with it. I’m just extremely happy that I get to see you from time to time. I enjoy the undercurrents, even when they are title waves.

D-

2. Sol
      September 6, 2017 at 1:41 pm

I think you took the words right out of my mouth. I am done with the soulmate fantasy as well, even if I was the one that triggered it. “I don’t want to interfere with your current life” pretty much sums up what I feel too, i mean ive tried on multiple times but backed out everytime thinking… Why interfere? We are happy now, right? Life is balanced for both of us, stable. I don’t know, Que sera sera.

3. Wishful
      September 6, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Except for the “I’m back” part, this could have been from her.

4. A different D
      September 7, 2017 at 6:20 am

I have come back to this letter so many times in the last 24 hours. The timing of it along with the contents…could it be? No. Not possible.

But I can’t deny that it is the perfect response to mine that I wrote recently.

If this were a true response, I would say thank you for being kind enough to accept my friendship. I do have a physical attraction to you, but you made it clear recently that you don’t. I keep wanting to ask you what it is you DO feel for me, but I am too afraid that you’ll laugh in my face or say something equally as hurtful.

I really am sorry that I fell for you. And I am sorry that I push away any chance at an emotional bond with you, because I am afraid of the aftermath. I know that is what you are doing as well. I feel the pressure from the wall you’ve built. And I want you to come inside my wall. I have just lost the key to the gate.

5. Hmm, confused.
      September 7, 2017 at 9:43 am

“not a physical attraction”? Is there an attraction at all? I guess I ask because when I love, I feel the urge to show the person in a physical setting.
      But attraction isn’t love, either.

So, dear author, if you would be so kind, please indulge us. Tell us what you DO feel for said person? You say you were on hiatus because you needed time to decipher your feelings? What did this self introspection reveal, if you don’t want to be with this person?

I ask because, you mention a soulmate fantasy. Then you say that you don’t want to be with this person. Then you state there is no physical attraction. Then you mention undercurrents? Your person must be so confused of your communication with him/her is half as flip floppy as your writing to them.

Perhaps speakimg in person would help clear their mind, and yours?

• @ Hmm, confused.
        September 13, 2017 at 12:19 pm

It never fails to be so very calming, soothing and strangely relaxing when reading the thoughts of a clear thinking, rational, emotionally healthy, astute, insightful, no-bs, smart person !!!

6. abc
      September 8, 2017 at 7:50 am

Such a great example of word salad.Chump Lady’s universal bullshit translator would have a field day with this one.

7. Brighteyes
      September 8, 2017 at 3:33 pm

And were you able to move on from this crazy soulmate fantasy?

8. Selfish, much?
      September 11, 2017 at 5:02 pm

Ugh, this is the typical back and forth from two people who will eventually cheat on their significant others. This is what builds up the excitement. Without a second thought to who they might hurt. So do you selves a favor, and end it now, or end it with your partners before it turns into a shit show. Oh, but where would be the fun in that? It’s all fun and games until somebody finds out.

• To the rescue...
        September 14, 2017 at 2:16 pm

It’s as if you’ve said “oh, I like your glass house! Here’s my stone collection!”
        @Author – you’re fine. But it’s not my “record” I’d like her to “set straight”, if you know what I mean.

9. OMG
      September 13, 2017 at 8:41 am

Goodness Gracious! Just tell them how you feel already! They deserve to know either way. To me, this letter says, “I’m not freaked by your confession, and I needed to see how I felt. I do feel something, but I continue to refuse to give you the same respect, opportunity you gave me by confessing. Let’s just be friends.”

10. EmptytpmE
      September 14, 2017 at 5:23 pm

If this were for me i’d say keep it, I’m never one to stick around once rejected. I don’t want your friendship. Although we had our good times, they have come to a conclusion. I am busy going through how to get over someone who led you on. I”m at step 4 your cons. I’m hurt so it’s Goodbye

11. wide awake
      September 15, 2017 at 1:15 am

Yes. It is what it is and it was what it was and now it is nothing anymore.