• Perception

by  • June 10, 2017 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 7 Comments

D

Sometimes I wish I could undo everything I’ve ever said to you. Take the good with the bad, erase it all, and truly start fresh. I know I’m not very consistent. Believe me, I know this better than anyone. My life is not what I thought it would be, and I have a lot of trouble coping with that. But as life goes on, as one endures, there is the chance too that life will get better.

I am taking it upon myself to be more positive. Call it a mid-years resolution of sorts. So much of my life has been so negative for so long and that is obviously and literally depressing. A lot of that is circumstances, and a lot of that is perception too. I’ve had a negative perception for a very long time, and I don’t really know why, but, if I can’t always change my circumstances, why can’t I change my perception, right? I choose hope, not despair.

And you, well, I mean of course you already know all this. You beacon of self-enlightenment you. :). I’m kidding. But we can both agree you’ve got your shit together a lot better than me. You know, you could help. But if you don’t want to, that’s ok, I CAN do it myself. You deserve that.

The last thing I’ll say tonight, is that perception is a funny thing. Like how you become what you perceive and maybe even more so what you want to perceive. Well, as fantasy become reality, i should say that, as difficult as it is, I can forgive you your Peter Keating. But we both know I should be next,

H

7 Responses to Perception

1. I Dare Say It To Them
      June 12, 2017 at 8:30 pm

A question? Being negative in nature & them being a beacon of light, & then to say a Peter Keating(I know what the name represents btw) is an insult & quite rude overall. The reality is why are both in each others lives.

2. -D
      June 21, 2017 at 6:41 pm

AH,

This sounds like you.

-D

3. You have the right to pursue happiness - You dont have a right to hurt others while you do it.
      August 25, 2017 at 9:39 am

@H What this really means: You deserve it:

IS that it a complete cop-out.

It really means:
      1.) I cheated on you
      2.) I’m a emotional wreck
      3.) I’m feeling guilty
      4.) I don’t want to take responsibility for your own fears and insecurities.
      5.) I’m unhappy with myself and I know what I did was wrong and making excuses to avoid being the bad guy and for people seeing me for who I truly am.

No one deserves better. There is no entitlement period. That is just cruel to a person.

H – Someone must have really hurt you. You can do a lot of things by yourself. There are also things you CANNOT do by yourself.

Be real – It appears you want this D person to help you.

Sometimes you have to lose something to realize what you had – and you will never know if you didn’t try. Regret is the worst thing to live with. You don’t have to wish for something – You can start fresh today.

4. You care. You cant admit it.
      August 25, 2017 at 9:57 am

Don’t start what you cant finish. Period. If you don’t take the risk and keep thinking you can do better. You wont. Your person was probably the best you had and you might have been too blind to see because you were so self involved. Sometimes men do a good job of kicking themselves in the balls.
      You do truly care about this person. If you didn’t care you would have never wrote this.

5. Fresh start with your person
      August 25, 2017 at 11:52 am

You think you could do better? Yes you can. You can do better by apologizing. This does not mean you need to change. This screams you hurt me. It appears that you think a new partner will be better. Better is not always best. Thinking the next partner is going to be better is not the answer.

When you wrote this and started you wanted a fresh start with your person. Yes, you can get better with your person. Sometimes we don’t know we already have the best. Go get better with your person. Or you will live in regret.

Trying to convince yourself you can do better will not work either.

It sounds like you cheated and now feeling regret. You are assuming that this person cheated too.

It sounds like there is un-finished here. Life is a gamble and if you want better you have to take a risk. Go get your fresh start you want with this person.

6. heal
      August 25, 2017 at 4:47 pm

passive aggressive. Fix yourself and heal. Trying to hurt someone back wont work.
      get the help you need.
      if you are next, you gotta ask for it.
      blessings

7. Double Standard?
      November 9, 2017 at 9:56 pm

@H care to explain what this person did to you? Do they even know? I agree with I dare say it to them. Rude and immature to call say that and then ask for forgiveness for doing the same? Double standards is your reality. If you do choose HOPE then go to your OP.