• A yr and a half later

by  • February 2, 2017 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 6 Comments

I have a new protege. The fact that she has a physical resemblance to you didn’t help. I was hesitant when she first came into my life, i was informed she was on her way and that she needed me as much as i needed her. She seems to like me as much as i like her. Like you, she has a warrior spirit but has been wounded in love. In many ways she keeps your memory fresh because i’ve found she has many traits that remind me of You. I find solace in the fact that with me she’s very friendly and is not afraid to reach out to me every single night and trust me and open up to me. That means so much to me, to our friendship. Something i always wanted from you but never happened. Although friends, the look in her eyes wonders sometimes when looking into mines. I’m not gonna lie about wanting to kiss her and caress her skin at times, as if hoping to find you in her lips and her skin, crazy, right?. she likes to flirt here and there whenever she has the chance but i don’t want to hurt her anymore than she already is. I’m trying to give her hope that shes not worthless and that there’s a man out there just for her. But how do i do that without making her fall for me? How do i find closure in her when shes NOT you????

6 Responses to A yr and a half later

1. KC
      February 2, 2017 at 2:07 pm

We are all human…so just tell her how you feel but don’t act on it or you will do exactly the opposite of what you set out to do. Do not lead her on…or you will only be another heart-break. Not everyone really gets over it. They just move on because they have to but sonetimes their hearts stay broken unless someone better or something better comes along to fill the hole.

2. @author
      February 2, 2017 at 2:29 pm

I say if you trust her and your falling for her then go for it. If the person you at one time won’t open up to you like this new relationship does then let the old girl go and explore the new relationship. Don’t compare her to the other girl. Find qualities in her that you like about her. No one can be the same as another. We are all unique in our own untraceable ways. Give this new girl a fair shot. Who knows maybe you will forget about the other relationship altogether.

Best wishes,

3. LH
      February 2, 2017 at 6:32 pm

I second what KC comment, speaking from the receiving end of situations like this. Tell her the whole truth and go from there.

4. Someone
      February 3, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Sounds kinda like you’re using her to fill a void. And it sounds like she may have already started falling for you. You need to be honest with this person and open up to her before it’s too late and you cause the heartache you were trying to avoid.

5. Grace
      February 3, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Either u move on or say you are an amazing friend and wouldn’t want to ruin what u have .. also tell her that u wouldnt like to mix friendship with relationship . You can also tell her the truth that u find it hard to move on with anyone even as amazingly attractive person as her who Amy man would love to be with , as u r stuck until u find closure with earlier relationship.

6. Maybe consider this in the most loving way. Maybe
      February 5, 2017 at 11:09 am

She’s smart enough to protect herself. Maybe she doesn’t need you to worry about that. Maybe, just maybe, it is your perception that she feels worthless. Maybe she does see all the millions of men out there. Maybe , she’ s good with or w/o you in love or friendship. Maybe she has all the love and friendship she needs within her own and maybe one person, you, can’t hurt her as much as you think. Maybe you overestimate your power. Just maybe.