• Never You Mind

by  • December 16, 2016 • * Safe for Work * • 6 Comments

One thing you should know,
    real love doesn’t go.
    Never you mind.
    As soon forget it all.

It was never worth it, still ain’t.
    You don’t want to know what you can’t.
    Never you mind.
    As soon forget it all.

Not that it matters,
    but I’d welcome the chance
    to do it all over again,
    just to show you how serious I was
    about quitting on you back then.
    Never you mind.
    As soon forget it all.

One other thing you should know,
    I never gave a damn,
    I just acted as though.
    Never you mind.
    As soon forget it all.

Not that it matters,
    but I’m fine with it if you say so.
    Obviously you’re not,
    but I can’t be bothered.
    Just leave me alone. Go.

Now one last thing you really must hear.
    My worst weakness was in allowing
    your love near.
    Never you mind.
    As soon forget it all.

6 Responses to Never You Mind

1. never giving a damn
      December 16, 2016 at 5:40 pm

And secretly talking to them?

2. And yet...
      December 16, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Here is where you are. And that ^^^ is what you are doing. Nice poem though.

3. never blind
      December 17, 2016 at 3:08 am

I hear the anger in your voice
      living a happy life is a choice
      SEE
      you are free

4. author
      December 19, 2016 at 10:39 am

is a letter she’ll never send to me

not that she hasn’t said it so many times, i have it memorized

all in her own words to me

i should have put it all in quotes, then stamped it and addressed it as her christmas card to me

all about what shit she regrets getting on her shoe when i got her attention, when i tried so hard to earn her approval, when i asked for nothing but to love her

which word don’t i understand when she demands i leave her alone?

but she’ll never send it because she’s even given up trying to prove to me what a waste i am

so i prove it to myself by repeating her words to me over and over, pretending it might finally convince me once i hear me saying it to myself

5. @author by her
      December 21, 2016 at 4:23 am

One day you’ll find her unsent letters and they’ll tell you all you need to know. You will know you will be remembered but why she had to go. But for now all I can say is: you were never a waist of time, something I really need you to know. if any, you gave her the best of times. If only timing wasn’t so cruel.

6. author
      December 23, 2016 at 1:20 pm

no, even after experiencing and witnessing the permanent damage and destructive force of her will on her own life and the lives of her family and friends and others, she boasts pride in her choices and welcomes the opportunity do it all again exactly the same, just to prove she meant it all along, how i still don’t want to make myself believe, but that’s just me still loving her even after the hundreds of times she’s told me to stop, told me how worthless i am, shown me over and over how she regrets me ever so much as telling her hello

no, if she has secret unsent letters that tell any other story than the one she wanted me to suffer, then those letters are lies, they are letters that don’t say the brutal truth she had to tell me over and over and over and over because my love for her wouldn’t hear her rejection, they are letters that don’t say what she tells everybody else when she talks about what a shit waste of her time i was, they are letters that don’t say what she says to herself about being better than to deserve so much as a smile from me

no, and you’re not her if you don’t know that, because i am the only one on the face of the planet who still doesn’t know how much she hates ever letting me love her, the real her and everyone else knows what a total nothing i was and am and will always be to her