• And what if…

by  • November 23, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 10 Comments

I told you that she and I were on the fritz? That we’ve just been limping along and our days together were numbered with or without you in my life? Would you still “feel bad”?

10 Responses to And what if…

1. no more no less
      November 24, 2016 at 2:42 am

It’s something between you and her. You are responsible for your actions, not me. I’m not your mom. If you do not feel bad, why should I?

From an anonymous reader, take it with a grain of salt.

2. Bella
      November 24, 2016 at 5:32 am

You sound like most men who have affairs on their wives. I hope the broad doesn’t fall for it.

3. Thatonegirl
      November 24, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Same excuse every dude uses to cheat. Bogus

4. Really?
      November 25, 2016 at 4:52 pm

It doesn’t matter if I feel bad. That’s irrelevant. If the numbered days get to zero, feel free to reach out. Maybe I’ll be available at that time. Maybe I won’t be.

That’s what I’d say…
      Possibly. What ifs are tricky like that.

5. No
      November 26, 2016 at 10:11 am

Not sure I ever really did

6. Author
      November 26, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I’m not even talking about cheating. I just don’t know from where their concern for my spouse comes. Why would they assume anything? Purely hypothetical. Were I to embark on anything else, I would cut it off with my current first. It’s the only way to do things….

7. Friend
      November 29, 2016 at 6:31 am

Yes. Yes, I would feel bad. But I do also know that this is just a trial that you are going through and everything will be ok soon. I see you on a cruise ship, happy together as a family. I also see you two together with your kids. Your own home full of pictures reflecting memories. You in one picture facing her and she facing the camera. Perfumes and watches lying everywhere in your room. Your kids together sleeping in a room.I see your children all grown up and healthy and beautiful in their youth. This is but a phase, a short one at that. You are not limping. You are walking just fine. Be happy. Look forward to your future together. It is what you have wanted all along. You will have that. Be happy for me, please. Take care of yourself and your family.

8. Author
      November 29, 2016 at 12:40 pm

@Friend – thanks! That’s probably the most reasonable, accurate and applicable response I’ve received. Things are actually fine. I like your vision of our future, though we’re more rent-a-cabin-in-the-mountains types than a cruise, but it’s a nice sentiment.
      I’ve felt a bit crappy because I shut things down between us which was very hard. And I did it in a way where I basically led her into cutting contact. I did not lie though. I was thinking about her too much and it was distracting and made me feel bad towards my spouse. Still, getting the rejection speech is never fun, even when you expect or desire to hear it 🙂

9. Fahq
      November 30, 2016 at 6:40 pm

@author yup aren’t you just a clever POS. You led her into cutting contact. Hope your spouse finds out your boo hoo ing over another chick. Wow. You’re really full if yourself. Karma gunna sneak up on that ass tho. Watch.

10. Author
      December 1, 2016 at 9:34 pm

@fahq – LOL! All I did was tell her the truth! I just knew how she would react. I did this FOR my spouse you cretin! I told my spouse before I did it! I couldn’t let things go any further.
      But, she was a good friend and I thought this site might help me to say some things that I couldn’t say before we lost contact. Telling her the truth was better than just disappearing.