• Convince me.

by  • November 18, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 11 Comments

Do you believe in having a soul mate?

I don’t.

11 Responses to Convince me.

1. Heartshards
      November 19, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Yes. I do actually. The lightning that flashed shortly after our eyes met for the first time. the ground actually felt like it was shaking. The electricity I feel with the brush of his skin. When I am feeling desperate to see him, he ends up asking to see me. Being in two different places with the same thoughts not having anything to do with each others conversations. It’s amazing. Then there are flashes. I saw him with her as I tried to fall asleep. The next day he mentioned he’d been with her the night before. It hurt, but really not bad, because I know and see this connection. We are the same people, just on different ends of the spectrum. There’s him in me and me in him, and the point is to learn from each other. I don’t think he sees this though. To him, I am just another chicky to flirt with I think. Or maybe I am delusional…*sigh*

2. Soulmated
      November 19, 2016 at 11:24 pm

It’s a recognition of something you’d forgotten existed in the world. Even if you’ve never felt that you’ve met a soulmate within this lifetime, it still feels oddly like a recognition. It is rewarding and painful. A true joy of an experience even if you can’t be together.

3. NO
      November 21, 2016 at 12:09 am

It’s just hormones. The species way of making sure we procreate. Nothing more than that. It feels great, doesn’t it? But never, ever stays. And usually the ones who you thing are the one – turn out to be gigantic doucebags. JS.

4. @no
      November 21, 2016 at 11:57 am

Correct. KC

5. @author
      November 21, 2016 at 7:52 pm

There are different types of soul mates. Family soulmates, friend soulmates, and many others. What type are you referring to?

6. Andrea
      November 25, 2016 at 10:57 am

Love.
      I like the response “Soulmated” had.

7. I did once
      December 4, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Its funny because all of you believed in soulmates at one stage. Its way more than pro creating with another. I feel sorry for you if this is your view. Which is your right. The same could be said JS? And KC too. Heartshards is close to the mark. Your not delusional BTW. That was me on here some time ago. It was confusing to say the least. Flirting with the One we loved maybe but not some chicky. Soulmated made me smile. Thank you. Yet its a choice to be together & you made your choice not to be. Do I believe in it after all this time. Considering how much I was hurt by my supposed soulmate, I now say NO for many valid reasons.

8. Anything but my real name
      December 5, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I used to,
      Now the only thing I can do is starve my once “soulmate” out of my mind and heart.
      He isn’t here to comfort me in my darkness; isn’t mine anymore, and hurt me almost beyond what I could ever imagine
      If that’s a soulmate, then no thanks!
      Been there, done that. Never again!

9. KC
      December 6, 2016 at 11:24 pm

I only ever thought I had one soul mate, I wondered on and off increasingly so over a decade if it was true or simply what I wanted to believe. As it turns out he doesn’t want me, not anymore. So while there may be soulmates for some, I am not familiar with such things being the case for myself, it’s not for me. Accordingly I agree with JS, who ironically shares the same initials as he. I’d like him to turn around and price me otherwise. But all in all it is what it is. It’s unfortunate.

10. KC
      December 6, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Prove me otherwise, not price, autocorrect lol

11. KC
      December 6, 2016 at 11:45 pm

My previous comment deleted itself.

What I said was, re soulmates I did once wonder, increasingly so about the man who floated in and out of my life over the last decade. As it turns out, now the timing is right, after everything we went through, he just doesn’t want me. Not anymore. So while the concept may be beautiful and have proved itself true for some, it’s not for me.

The feelings were love I’m sure, perhaps more than, and too they were unique. But the timing, our ending, years and years of beginnings that ended badly and never progressed. Everything was against us from the start.

If there was such a thing as soulmates, this would not be our ending. I guess it was just really good sex, paired with my creative imagination and romantic sensibility. So that’s me coming to my senses I suppose.

And though I am open to the possibility I will one day love again, I can’t see my feelings for anyone else ever superseeding the feelings that I had, still have for him, feelings that I need to leave behind eventually, for my own good.

I’m only just starting to face the reality that he just doesn’t want me. Ironically, his initials are the same as JS. I’m hoping he turns around, my stupid heart even wishes against logic that it was him, that he’d turn around and restore my belief in soulmates, that he’d see the timing is right finally! And give us both the chance we need had, but I know it’s against the odds.

Anyway.