• That is right

by  • November 15, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 13 Comments

We would never work. I like adventure and going out into the world to have experiences. You stayed close to home where everything is familiar and though leaves much to be desired, you know what to expect. When choosing a life mate, even though it’s not much of a choice, you have to consider what will be left when the looks go. And the looks always go, my dear.

13 Responses to That is right

1. @author
      November 15, 2016 at 3:24 pm

I would travel with you anywhere. I have a passport, but if you don’t think I’m your type then what does it matter anyway. I’m sure you take my words as sugar coated bullshit anyway. Why? Because you don’t even talk to me anyway. No matter what I say. I don’t sugar coat anything for anyone. I don’t force myself to fit with anyone. I either fit with them as me or we just don’t fit. As far as travel goes. I’m picky who I travel with! Your right about one thing. I have seemed to atop living life. I should probably start doing so. Doesn’t look like things are changing. No matter how hard I try. Thanks for snapping me back to reality on how I’ve stopped living.
      Your welcome to join me if you want. Do you have a passport?

2. @author
      November 15, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Really liked this, everyone has different paths. Some are more adventurous than others. That is what makes the world go round. Everything stated was nice, until the last part When the looks go, boy what a humdinger. When you don’t see or feel a persons spirit and genuine compassion for what it is, and say when the looks go. What a shallow and egotistical remark. So glad I don’t know you. If someone stated that to me, my response would be “DITTO” Then politely leave with my head held high. Good luck to you, you are going to need it.

3. Question,
      November 15, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Are you the author of Yes or no?

4. simply put
      November 15, 2016 at 6:29 pm

There is an advantage in a less shiny exterior.

5. Thatonegirl
      November 16, 2016 at 4:25 am

Well aren’t you just a gift…..ugh

6. Author
      November 16, 2016 at 1:53 pm

I did not write ‘yes or no’. Here’s my point with “when the looks go”: looks are important but should not be the only or most-important factor because time has all of our numbers in that regard. You want to devote yourself to someone who ALSO cares for you and loves you and who will be a reliable and supportive partner… someone with whom you can laugh and have some fun. That will outlast big breasts or washboard abs. It’s important to be physically attracted to someone, but it’s a sliding scale in terms of other attributes as well.

7. Author
      November 16, 2016 at 2:23 pm

And the person to whom this is written is as beautiful to me as ever!

8. what's with the mean vibes
      November 16, 2016 at 3:44 pm

You sound honest, but also condescending and a bit self righteous. Do you realize that your judgement was too superficial? Or is this a defiant reaction to their behavior?

9. Getting away from it all.
      November 16, 2016 at 4:08 pm

My travel for 2017 is already in the planning stages. Although it is overseas, I’m thinking of it as more holiday than travel, more good food followed by cocktails poolside than adventure.
      This time last year I would have just dived in and said “hey do you want to come” but fast forward a year and we barely talk anymore and I’ve given up trying to change that. You’ve made it very clear this year what and who is most important to you and yeah, I admit it took me a while but eventually, I got the hint.

10. I'm glad your nor a friend of mine
      November 17, 2016 at 12:47 am

Everybody loves adventures. Who doesn’t? Personally how would you know? Was there any need to add the sentence about their looks? That’s stating the obvious. Which applies to you too. There’s so much more to a person than looks alone. When saying “we wouldn’t work”, how can you say “we” when its you alone saying what you think not both parties. They’re better off without you says this mere male.

11. Sure,
      November 18, 2016 at 12:21 pm

going out into the world to have adventures is fantastic. Those of us who grew up poor and later ended up having to do things like care for ill parents envy your mobility. Feel free to keep posting responses that lack any real perspective.

12. @sure
      November 20, 2016 at 2:35 am

Thank you for your perspective. Maybe your right about my comment. Don’t take it too personally for you didn’t anyone else’s. Everything I’ve done or accomplished has been because of me. After my seperation, what money I had left from years of hard work that was meant to be money toerds a home for myself was inatead used towards trying to save my father from cancer. Hndreds of thousands. How many people would do that? I’m glad i did for it gave the family two more years together. I’m going through another experience ATM with another family member. So yes I do understand how hard it gets. Its hell on earth some days. Adventure for me is living my life as best I can, enjoying every Sunrise & Sunset, my daily coffee rituals, saviouring food….etc. It truly is the simple things in life that I once thought ordinary are the extraordinary. This year I’ve been to Venice & India for a retreat that was out of this world. Surrounded by what I’d say are Master’s in their art – Yoga. I’ve said too much already.

I’m sorry. Im sorry for upsetting you with my comment that was not needed or ever wanted.

13. Author
      November 20, 2016 at 6:41 pm

My person did not grow up poor. Her decisions have placed additional burden on her aging parents as they continue to help clean up the mess. She wanted to have more experiences in life but has put those aside for someone who was selfish and led her to a place in life where she is stuck, for a while at least. I was there for my ailing father as well and he begged me not to put things aside for him. The best perspective to have is one of selflessness. It is unfair and selfish to expect people to not have a life so that you may eek out a few more years of yours.