• What Love Means to me

by  • March 22, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, Love - Pure and Simple • 11 Comments

To me love means no ultimatums.

To me love means excepting where someone is at in life.

To me love doesn’t mean to posses or own someone.

To me love means patients.

To me love means inspiring change in someone instead of pointing out their flaws.

To me love means understanding and conversation.

To me love makes anger petty.

To me love means encouragement.

To me love doesn’t end when I can’t control the outcome.

To me love always asks questions instead of being a definitive answer.

To me love can be the silence of words so body language can speak.

To me love means forgiveness even when I feel let down.

To me love means being oneself.

To me my love you are all of these things and more. But I thought I’d share a few of my views incase you wondered what love means to me. What does love mean to you?

11 Responses to What Love Means to me

1. Oedipa Maas
      March 22, 2016 at 10:11 pm

I quite like your definition.

2. To me
      March 22, 2016 at 10:41 pm

It’s a very simple thing.

Love is together…in all things.

I wish my person felt the same way.

3. Love your Love List
      March 24, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Love is when the happiness of another person is essential to your own…

4. No One Has Asked Me This
      March 24, 2016 at 1:57 pm

There are three aspects of Love.

– Agape Love : Which is unconditional love where we accept them for simply who they are flaws & all, committing consciously together & making decisions to stick together for the long term.

– Philia Love : Charity or brotherly/sisterly love when we have the friendship & intimacy, that closeness warming our emotional connection.

– Storge Love : Family Love & all the physical desires showing each other passionate affection.

•Love can’t be really explained for it has to be experienced.
      •Love is how we should live our lives by.
      •Love is giving someone the power to break your heart yet trusting in them to safely not to.
      •Love doesn’t begin or end the way we believe it to as it takes two to willing make this take effect so we can grow up & old together.
      •Love is sometimes throwing caution to the wind to find true happiness.
      •Love is eternal.
      •Love never fails & nor should we.
      •Love is freedom of choice & we share each other’s comings.
      •Love is respecting each other’s boundaries & understanding & accepting each other’s different opinions when this occurs.
      •Love is wanting for each other what we want for ourselves. Simply the best & a happy life.
      •Love is being genuinely happy for each other’s successes & aren’t consumed by being over-jealous.
      •Love isn’t what we’re expecting to get. It’s should be what we’re expecting to freely give.
      •Love is understanding that something other than ourself is real. How they would feel.
      •Love is spiritual.
      •Love is learning to be less judgemental for the more we judge the less we then are able to love.
      •Love is physical….
      •Love is searching for the missing bits of ourselves. It used to be called “you complete me”, now “you complement me”.
      •Love is sometimes a temporary madness. For we can erupt & then as it subsides its only then we have to make a decision whether we are so entwined that it’s inconceivable that we shall ever part.
      •Love doesn’t consist of gazing at each other like I’ve said a billion times(I love their eyes)but in looking outwards together in the same direction. Forwards.
      •Love is a curious thought. Don’t you agree? It’s only when we see that special better half looking ridiculous that we realise how much we truly love them.
      •Love is like a religion for we really do start to believe in them. No wonder I called her a Goddess!
      •Love is about equality for there’s no winning or losing in love. It’s not a game when hearts are involved.

A letter to You my Love,

For me love is when you have a reason to come home to, a reason to justify my existence. When I can’t imagine living without you as I’d do anything to have you by my side. I can’t see the love I have. I can feel it in my soul, that eternal flame we both once said that bond I feel for you as I’ve always have. It’s hard to explain this feeling yet you make me feel so alive & special doesn’t come close for how much you cared for me as my eyes saw it every single time I saw you.

Thank you wherever you are at this moment & take the time to read this for this is for you as I’m writing now & though it’s likely to late, I will respect your wishes for I can do this one thing right. You young lady are the most loving soul I’ve ever met & you may laugh at me…I regret none of it(bar one obvious one;) not a single moment for that’s how much I will always love you. Goodbye she who gave her all & forged a everlasting impression on this Man & you who shall always be remembered as simply the definition of Unconditional Love. X

I’m a figment of my own imagination.

5. Coelho
      March 24, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Anyone who reads Coelho and quotes his work is magical.

6. : )
      March 24, 2016 at 10:07 pm

So many thoughts fill my head at your words. I know you can’t see my face but there is a smile on it. One that your words created. For this simple and most unexspected treat this evening I am grateful to you. Thank you for hushing the ticking clock on my wall and making time stand still for a moment. Smiling still as I write. It will never be to late. The love I feel for you is a flame I can’t extinguish. I’ve tried to no avail.Thank you for this small moment of comfort. For I’m afraid the world makes me quite weary at times. Your kind statements have helped restore a bit of faith to me tonite. Which was a pleasant surprise. Your imagination is beautiful by the way. So as I step back into reality and release your metaphoric hand. I am just grateful to you for holding it out to me at all…

Just someone passing thru

7. @Just Someone Passing Through
      March 28, 2016 at 7:31 am

I glad I could make you smile one last time for you always made me smile every time I saw you. Every single moment you made my heart beat that much stronger for the love we shared. You say it’s never too late..? I too want to step back into reality….the more I read this the more your writing makes me wonder? I’ve tried too yet there’s this undeniable connection is there not? This isn’t my imagination either it’s straight from my heart as that’s how I feel. Your more than passing through for you respond to me where I write so your someone important to me that’s clear as day. Why do we ignore what we both feel? What are your thoughts? Someone special is who you are.

8. My Thoughts hmmm
      March 28, 2016 at 11:44 am

I say its never to late because your always on my mind. You said you are a figment of your Iimagination. Aren’t we all? You also said one last time …why? You want to respect my wishes…I don’t know how to put into words how you make me feel. I love your puctuations. I enjoy words creatively used. I just never want to take eachother for granted. I want to be important to somebody. To you. Your words revive my heart. I don’t want to ignore how I feel, I don’t want you to either. I said I was passing thru cause you had already told me good bye in your first letter. So how is there even a chance now to ever say hello? Every time I see you I fall more in love. If a reason to come home is what you need, in my heart you always have refuge. I grow so tired and weary missing you. I wish you would come home.

9. I said goodbye
      March 29, 2016 at 9:50 am

As I believed this is what you wanted & I’ll never hold a woman back for I love your independence. It would bore me to have such control over a Woman & it’s also morally wrong. Who in their right mind would quench that flame, that charismatic passion which is the undeniable chemistry that was practically instantaneous. I said I’m a figment of my own imagination so she would know it’s me for I once said this negatively towards her & now I’m trying to empathise & be humble in effect. Eat my own words like humble pie. I was being as courageously venerable as I have ever been in my entirety. No matter the outcome I am saying to her I am Real, I can express myself, I’m here not running from past fears, I’m growing finally into the Man I want to be. One word – Authentic. I’ve said this word in the past & only now can I honestly use it in proper context. She revealed her deepest darkest secrets from her past & I was privileged, no honoured for her to share that with me. I didn’t realise what that meant & how she was revealing how she needs to be loved. Anyone that’s been hurt like so many of us in this world may have a fractured heart as I refuse to say broken as NO ONE is. We are stronger than many acknowledge including ourselves for we become wiser & I’ll take a leap of faith here…empathetic? We are alive & kicking. Life is priceless as we can’t turn back time. We should forgive easier & move forward together in love for so many take flight & it’s wrong(in most circumstances) this day and age it’s become a disposable society & look at us all including me! If we truly honoured & lived life loving unconditionally then we wouldn’t have fucked up time again and again. What do you think? Is it wrong to fall more in love with me as I do you every single time We saw each other? That’s a good emotion & one that shouldn’t be ignored or subdued. I have flaws everyone does. The good in me just like you are comprised of righteousness! I’ve been adhering to that word of late in a positive context. It stops me from having any boyish erratic thoughts and keeps this man grounded. I want to more than come home. I want US to become reality again? I will never let you down like this again. Ever. I may slip but never like this & I can promise you this. If I had a sliver of a doubt I would not ask for your hand & you the Woman I love &…..well I have to prove myself first before I say that 😉 Yes it’s me long winded very expressive & as real as can be & can you be real & admit your name to me if you wish to that is of course?

10. Now no response?
      April 5, 2016 at 5:23 am

Don’t tell me I’m speaking to the wrong person? Or you believed me to be someone else? This is all to confusing & sad. I’m not answering any more letters unless I see a name.

11. David
      April 5, 2016 at 11:43 am

David I’m sorry your words are so beautiful. But I haven’t ever had a relationship with anyone by that name. So I didn’t know how to respond. I wish we both were talking to who we wish it was. But it seems this website I guess is just wishful thinking. Atleast that’s how I’m starting to see it. I don’t know for sure what all it means to different people. I’m not sorry for talking to you though. You must love your person a lot. You did make me smile though…and for a minute of my day you helped me dream.But at this point yes I’m sorry to say were apparently aren’t who we thought eachother was.
      So my name doesn’t really matter…
      Best of Luck. David n if its you who writes all this beautiful poetry on here. Write a book…n get it published. Your poems on here at times are breath taking. If its not you that writes the poetry on here then sorry for more confusion. But to whoever does and I can always notice their work cause it stands out you have talent.