• To you

by  • March 17, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 14 Comments

Yeah.
    She’s smiling.
    But don’t let that fool you.
    Look into her eyes.
    And you’ll see she’s breaking inside.

14 Responses to To you

1. be authentic
      March 18, 2016 at 1:15 am

Why smile then?

2. cat and mouse games
      March 18, 2016 at 1:26 am

Do u like ur fake smile?

3. @ be authentic @ cat
      March 18, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Rather uncaring and dilettante comments above considering this is a site devoted to broken hearts …

4. Mirrors
      March 18, 2016 at 11:37 pm

He’s m

5. Mirrors
      March 19, 2016 at 1:28 am

Honestly heartbroken
      Understanding unpretentious
      Realistically Revenant
      Timeless Thoughts

6. Peter C
      March 20, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Many people lead lives of quiet desperation. A few not-so-clever alliterations is an unworthy reply. If she’s breaking inside, the break needs to come clean to the surface or it will never be healed. Only trust and caring can achieve that, much as only understanding and caring can then heal the break. But the wonder is – if it heals right, it can be better than before. Hemingway said: “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” If you have the insight to see that she is breaking, then you also have the insight to help.

Peter

7. @Mirrors
      March 22, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Interesting second comment!

8. SHE
      March 22, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Has this been written by her, a statement of sorts about herself or is this an observation by another person?

9. Thank you Peter
      March 22, 2016 at 3:54 pm

For I wrote “Mirrors” & I have tried so hard to help.

To YOU? What would you have me do?

10. Author
      March 23, 2016 at 2:32 am

@SHE: Thank you, it was just a vent about myself. Written in a moment of weakness, to everyone in my life and no one in particular…but I bounce back pretty quickly, a survival instinctive..I’ve had to learn.
      @Thank you Peter: I don’t want/need you to do anything. I don’t know you. Sorry for disappointing you. Good luck!

11. Is that so?
      March 29, 2016 at 10:49 am

Someone is telling porky pies again 😉 to only receive advice when it suits you because the truth shall set you free

12. SHE @ Author
      March 31, 2016 at 5:34 am

Wishing you ver best of good luck, I liked you poem, very real and touching!

Btw, A lot of my female friends feel like you, all beautiful acomplished women, perfect at multitasking, appearance immaculate from the outside in every way, all so perfect, yet inside ….

13. Author@SHE
      April 1, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Thank you beautiful stranger for your words, they are appreciated more than you could know right now …It’s nice to know that there still are people on this site who just get it! I wish you the best too!

14. @is that so ?
      April 3, 2016 at 1:39 pm

No porky pies! I really don’t know you. I can almost guarantee that, I don’t let a lot of people into my life so the chances of us knowing each other here, would be pretty much next to 0. Sorry.