• To Oedipa Maas

by  • March 10, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 11 Comments

Dearest Oedipa –

See? If the snark rapier mountain won’t come to Muhammed – well, Muhammed must call an Uber and come to the mountain. Exhilarating to be posting rather than commenting! Though for one of my first postings it is surprisingly self-serving.

Such freedom! I can write whatever I want, and until I hit post there isn’t even the dank scent of dark green troll underneath the bridge! How wonderful.

Which brings me to my LINS friend, Oedipa. So I know you are witty, you have a heart and a sense of humor, you call bullshit when you hear it, and you are not afraid to charge in. All great qualities! If that is all that I may know about you, I am content. But if there is more, let there be more!

Here’s what I’ve learned on LINS so far. Everyone suffers. Some people when they suffer do so in silence, which only breaks when it becomes unbearable. Others when they suffer reach out to the world, hoping for a connection. And still others who were damaged a long time ago believe they will feel better if they spread their vitriol, but they never feel better. My belief is that a cynic is not someone who cares too little, but someone who once cared too much.

So, Oedipa, Electra, solver of riddles of Sphinxes – what’s your view?

No longer a 2016 posting virgin,

Peter C

11 Responses to To Oedipa Maas

1. really?
      March 10, 2016 at 11:52 am

I’m never with someone because I feel like I have to be! I don’t have it in me to be that way! This is how I would answer this post if it were written to me.

2. Oedipa Maas
      March 10, 2016 at 1:21 pm

@PeterC. If I say, “All of the above,” would you think less of me?

3. A.Mused
      March 10, 2016 at 3:09 pm

I’ve commented here in keeping with the spirit of those who post nonsense on things clearly not meant for them.

/insert incoherent ramblings

Please, for the love of sanity, do not leave me here alone.

In solidarity with those who would depose the troll kings,
      A.Mused

4. Congratulations on your first post!
      March 10, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Well done! This is good for a starter 😉

5. Oedipa Maas
      March 11, 2016 at 7:18 am

If I were to say, “D: All of the above,” would you think less of me?

6. M
      March 11, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Bravo!!

7. Peter C
      March 11, 2016 at 7:32 pm

@Oedipa @M

Hey guys. What a nice reunion – this is like where you go to a party and at first you’re sorry you went, and then you meet two cool people and you spend the whole evening in animated discussion. Great!

Oedipa – I totally don’t think less of you. Thought I thought you might say something more cryptic, like – I have watched the smoke that rises from the pipes of lonely men in shirt sleeves, leaning out of windows….

And M – I apologize for leaving you out of my list of people I admire, I have always enjoyed your a.musing postings even when you were clearly in Queen Victoria mode…

Peter C

8. Oedipa Maas
      March 12, 2016 at 3:05 pm

In my typical half-hearted attempt at self defense (it usually proves futile, but I keep hope alive), I will aver that there is a dark space which though I’ve tried to quell it, will express itself in vitriol from time to time. But I invariable discover I’ve not the stomach for it.

9. Oedipa Maas
      March 12, 2016 at 3:19 pm

@A.Mused. LOL.

In rebellion,

The Troll Queen

10. Oedipa Maas
      March 12, 2016 at 3:25 pm

@PeterC Oh, one more thing I almost forgot…about your first post…Flattered, I’m sure.

11. Oedipa Maas
      March 15, 2016 at 7:20 pm

@PeterC Ahhh, but the Indians have succeeded in taking over the postal service. Have you not read the smoke signals of the shirt-sleeved men?