• The Lion and the Lamb

by  • February 5, 2016 • * Safe for Work *, Heartbreak • 6 Comments

“And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…” he murmured. – Stephanie Meyer

Being a romantic at (my carefully guarded) heart, though I would never admit it out loud to anyone, I confess that I also felt deeply for someone when a situation dictated that I shouldn’t. Though in my case, the lamb fell in love with the lion. The lamb let down her guard in an extremely rare moment allowing herself to become vulnerable to another. She gazed into his eyes believing a connection existed between the two, believing the lie that the eyes are the windows to the soul. Willingly and foolishly, the lamb followed the lion into his den. Looking back, the lamb should never have allowed the lion close to her heart; she should have continued to keep her distance, to protect herself. Instead, she chose to painstakingly reveal her soul piece by piece. In the end, the lamb is left to repair her bleeding heart while the lion perhaps moves on to other prey. No one can call him cowardly. He proved his courage.

6 Responses to The Lion and the Lamb

1. R
      February 5, 2016 at 12:06 pm

He proved nothing. To awaken love in a person you have no real intention of loving is the most cowardly thing of all.

2. Nicely said
      February 5, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Loved it …

3. @Lioness
      February 5, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Our connection was real & no one else has gazed upon my soul with such intense longing. For what it’s worth I’ve learnt your deepest secrets & why events had moulded you yet a lamb you are not! For it takes great reserves of strength to never give up & continue to be an enigma to so many including me! The Lion roams endlessly across the savannah, dauntless in his sole purpose. To be with his Lioness, his courage is his sheer determination admitting his mistakes & gaze once more for a Lion is only as courageous as his mate.

4. author
      February 7, 2016 at 6:19 am

reply to @lioness – It is comforting to imagine even for a moment that your words were from “my” lion, but the chances of him finding this letter here and correctly surmising that I wrote this piecing centering on him are infinitely tiny. If you would like to prove otherwise, can you tell me which other letter posted here was written by me to you? The evidence of our interactions in my letter is fairly telling. Further still, if you are indeed the one my heart bleeds for, please feel free to reply to me in person. To be honest, I don’t actually expect him to come to me and express that he feels for me as I do for him. Right or wrong, if he sought me to return my affections, I could not and would not deny him or my feelings any longer.

5. @author
      February 8, 2016 at 7:51 pm

It doesn’t matter as your writing says it all once more. I need not prove anything because I have revealed myself time & time again where you play games of secrecy which implies you have more than one. Sad it is for your last sentence I want more than ever. This is on you & whoever you seek isn’t real for here isn’t. I tire of this & I’ve realised though you have similar “S” not a “Z” talking here means it was dead before it begun. Everyone here including me is living a lie. I hate liars so what does that say about me. I gave you the single clue that was enough so if you missed it then good luck to you. Oh it is me & it is not.

6. @Virgo
      February 10, 2016 at 1:17 am

This is my third reply to you, her star sign is the lion(ess) & she wears a silver ring with the infinity symbol. That is more than enough if this was her. I miss her so much & yes I’d love more than anything to call her/see her but that is a promise I can’t break as that is what her last interactions with me were.