• can’t be bothered

by  • July 13, 2015 • * Safe for Work *, Goodbye • 15 Comments

You insulted my intellect.

We were never a couple, not even fleetingly.

I never had romantic feelings towards you.

You weren’t drunk.

You couldn’t have a rational discussion.

Because I’m female, I had to be wrong.

That’s it.

15 Responses to can’t be bothered

1. Hey
      July 14, 2015 at 11:10 pm

I’m sure this person didn’t mean to insult your intellect if they love you….Maybe this person is drunk on love and I’m guessing you didn’t even want to have a rational discussion.. Also, I’m sure gender has nothing to do with this. This letter reminds me of the girl I love and I honestly see us as equals. I see everyone as equals..Everyone is entitled to see things from their own perspective; who’s to say what’s wrong and what’s right? If you never had romantic feelings for this person but they love you then you should tell him those exact words. Don’t do it anonymously, through other people, or not at all..

I’m sure this person would love to have a rational discussion with you..

I don’t know, I’m upset and I’m just making a lot of assumptions. In my situation, she might think I’m being selfish or just plain stupid but that’s not how I see it. I don’t know…I just know I love her more than anything or anyone..

Maybe you should talk this person…and make things crystal clear..

2. Author @hey
      July 16, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Thanks for the advice.
      I should have made it clear that , as I refuse to talk to the person , I have had to post the letter where I am certain he will see it .
      I really don’t want to go into the whole gender issue , but it’s not something I would have brought up unless I was certain of that element of the situation .
      The time for discussions is over .

I had an idea you had posted Silence and Patience .

3. Author
      July 18, 2015 at 6:01 am

If the subject of this letter thinks I will phone him , he’s mistaken , so very mistaken .

Obviously something has happened , but I can’t help anymore .

4. [
      July 19, 2015 at 12:15 am

So..could you look this person in the eyes and say the same things you wrote in this letter?

In my situation, I really don’t think there’s any sexism or misogyny taking place. I’d be offended if she were to suggest such a thing. :/ However, I never meant to insult her intelligence and I did say a lot of things I didn’t mean. That being said, I would think that she’d be more empathetic given that I’m not very experienced when it comes to these things. She’s the only person who I thought has ever understood me, even if it was only mildly.

I’ll always love her because she was the first person I’ve ever loved. She made me feel like gold when I felt like dirt. She metaphorically brought light and warmth to my cold and dark life. She indirectly gave me the strength I needed to overcome one of the hardest moments in my life. She looked into my soul several times in the past and never seemed scared. She’s obviously really important to me and she’s had a huge impact on my life whether she realizes it or not.

M, if you’re seeing this, you know you’ll always be number one in my heart, mind, and soul; I’ll never stop loving you…

Always

5. Bundle @[
      July 20, 2015 at 2:14 pm

You’re too good for her , but don’t take it from me , take it from yourself .

6. [ @Bundle
      July 20, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Way to avoid the question I asked, nice.

7. Bundle @[
      July 21, 2015 at 10:56 am

Title says it all .

8. So..
      July 22, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Why is it that you can’t be bothered? Have you read my other comments on ‘I wrote you a song’? Also, my phone was lost or stolen recently; it seems like everything is just going downhill. It might be paranoia, but for some reason I think one of my friends might have taken it so I couldn’t record the song I wrote M or something. I don’t think I can trust anyone except her. If one of my friends did take it, it wouldn’t matter because I have the lyrics memorized and they’re written on my computer. Now I want to record that song even more.

Also, I’ve thought about surprising her by showing up in a place where she’d be, but since she has a boyfriend that might be inappropriate. I might do some spontaneous, romantic stuff in the future. Also ‘Bundle’, I don’t need anybody to tell me how to feel. I’ve known how I’ve felt about her for quite some time now. I will always love her.

A little unrelated but, I wish she would unblock me on social media. I wouldn’t even message her, add her back, or follow her again. I don’t know, I’m hoping she’s not done talking to me forever because obviously I still want to talk to her in the future.

9. Actually...
      July 23, 2015 at 2:35 am

I’ll probably still frequent this website as much as I want in the future. Though, I most likely won’t surprise her or show her that song. I hate this website, but I really like it at the same time. Anyone could learn a lot just by frequenting this website and reading a lot of letters/comments. I’m also not going to give myself a limit as to how much I should post.
      Yeah…

10. Bundle
      July 23, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Hi , you may be aware that things are a little surreal for me at the moment and as I would like to give full consideration to a reply , it will be posted in due course .

11. Bundle
      July 24, 2015 at 9:17 am

I’m just replying to this posting , for now .

Yes , I could look this person in the eye and say those things . In fact I probably did , only as I cut contact ten years ago , I find myself in the position where I have to reiterate , but do not want to do it face to face , as is anybody’s right .

We were only ever friends and at the moment , as he wants us to be more than that , which is impossible for me under any circumstances , he is trying to ruin everything between me and the other person in my life
      . But its only making me love my new love even because he’s everything the ex friend isn’t .

I had a really difficult time last year and used a support service over the telephone . It’s quite unusual to rely on counselling in some parts of the world , obviously I’m just speculating but wondering if you’re in the USA and whether you might consider some counselling . It’s just talking , after all .

12. ...
      July 25, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Well, it’s easy to say you can look this person in the eyes and say those things on an anonymous website. You ‘probably’ have? What does that mean? How could you not know?

Also, in my case, she doesn’t even know me. I’m not trying to ‘ruin’ things between her and her boyfriend but I simply wanted to talk. I am everything her boyfriend isn’t but in the best way possible.

I have considered counseling in the past but I know I can see situations from any perspective so I don’t find it necessary. Not to say that I couldn’t benefit from professional counseling, because everyone can, even you. Have you considered more counseling? I have family and friends I can be completely open with and that’s enough for me.

13. Also...
      July 25, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Things are pretty “surreal” for me at the moment as well. Recently I’ve had some trouble eating and sleeping.

14. Also...
      July 25, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Ignore that nonsense I wrote on the comment ” So..” on July 22, 2015 at 10:47 pm.

I won’t surprise her, I won’t call her, I won’t do anything…but that’s out of respect for her feelings.

To be honest, it’s out of my control. I’m not the guy she thinks I am and she doesn’t want to see how much I’ve grown.

She probably knows I’m a great person and I have a lot of potential, she just doesn’t want to see it.

15. I NEED YOU TO BE MY EVERYTHING!!@
      November 29, 2015 at 4:41 am

I NEED YOU TO BE!!! THE WAY I LOVE YOU CAN’T BE EXPLAINED, IT REALLY CAN’T.