• I Need Some Advice

by  • June 3, 2015 • * Safe for Work *, Advice • 9 Comments

Here I am, telling myself not to look your way, trying not the stare into your brown eyes.
    It’s killing me, trying to choose between you and him.
    It’s ripping me to pieces, not being able to be your friend.
    The thing is, I can’t be. I am scared of how it might end. Scared of the things I might do when Im alone with you.
    I’m committed to him, he is my everything. But you make it so hard to love him. It’s so hard to be in love with him and fall for you.
    Here I am, convincing myself not to talk to you today, avoiding you’re path.
    it’s damaging me, as I follow you around like a puppy.
    It’s burning me up, coming home and slapping myself back to reality.
    He is everything I dreamt of and more, but you? You are sitting there looking into my eyes, an adventure I am eager to explore.
    Here I am, deciding the best route for me. Each comes with sorrow and pain. How can I be such an idiot to love two people?
    Here I am, trying to find me.

9 Responses to I Need Some Advice

1. turn around
      June 3, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Stay away from this other person and give your all to your “everything”. You will come to regret any action with the other. It’s not worth it and is just built up in your mind as a question mark. Drop it.

2. You don't need advice
      June 4, 2015 at 11:09 am

Your letter makes no sense
      I don’t think you’ve experienced true love

I really don’t think you can truly love two different people.
      If you’re scared of how it might end with the other guy then it says a lot about how you feel about him.
      If he’s not ‘everything you dreamed of and more’ then why even associate yourself with him or take the chance?

“Scared of the things I might do when Im alone with you.”

Haha um oook…

How can you be committed to love one person yet you still want to choose between two?

How can you say, “He is my everything, It’s so hard to be in love with him and fall for you.” ?

If he was really your everything then you wouldn’t even entertain the idea of falling for someone else.

Why in the fuck is it ‘killing you’, ‘ripping you to pieces’, ‘burning you up’, and/or ‘damaging you’?

If you were truly in love, I don’t think you’d even consider this other guy.

If you were truly in love, I think the only adventures you’d want to have are with the one you love.

If you were truly in love, there wouldn’t be a choice for you to make.
      Neither route would be filled with sorrow and pain but instead with love and happiness.

Don’t be scared of anything
      Don’t be scared to break a guy’s heart, they’re more resilient than you’d think

I’m gonna go ahead and end this reply with a good cliche idiom,

…Listen to your heart

3. I think
      June 4, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I think that first reply is bad advice.

I wrote the second.

You can never predict the future for certain.

It’s possible that you’d be happier with this other person but you’d never know unless you took the chance

I think you can find out if this other person is your true love without damaging anything in your current relationship

4. C
      June 4, 2015 at 5:20 pm

I know exactly how you feel sweetie, going through the same thing with a woman I work with…….The others who have commented make total sense right? Wish it were that easy as I too love two people. Mine is a loooong story so I wont bore any with the details, ill just say its TORTUOS!!

5. turn around
      June 5, 2015 at 6:20 am

As a person who went through this myself I don’t think my advice is bad. You can’t help feelings, but you have control over your actions. One thing I learned on this site is that some here give advice that advocates cheating or indulging in selfish fantasy. I feel that if one guy is your “everything” don’t screw it up over an “unknown”. Or break up with the man first. How would you feel if he were testing the waters of another possible relationship? It’s nothing special to be tempted by other people you find attractive. It happens every day. Does everyone act on their attraction to others? Some do and that’s when things like divorce happen. I’m simply saying respect yourself and your current relationship and break up with him if you want to explore your feelings about someone else.

6. skeptic soul
      June 5, 2015 at 5:27 pm

“If you were truly in love, I don’t think you’d even consider this other guy.” I believe that too.

7. Author
      June 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Update: Nothing’s changed. I’m still trying to figure out my friggin love life. I’m so confused.

8. Karma booster
      July 19, 2016 at 9:13 am

Do yourself and us a favor and get another job. At least have the decency to do that, LK. He never loved you. Didn’t even LIKE you for that matter. Btw, time to reveal yourself to “your everything”. If you don’t, I will. You don’t deserve him.

9. @I think
      July 20, 2016 at 2:11 pm

To hear you commenting again on such a sad state of affairs! Which it is as its called emotional cheating at best. I’m glad I don’t know you. Because your fiver cloesest friends are a reflection of who we are. Says much about you.

To the author,

Playing with two hearts. Leave the first guy because you can’t love him if you love the new second guy. Simple for you wouldn’t be looking. I feel sorry for anyone who goes out with someone who thinks and does this. Separate from the first guy and do the right thing. Then proceed with the second guy. Otherwise you will ruin the first guy. Fuck its not hard to do this.