• why I do what I do

by  • November 20, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, Inspiration • 9 Comments

Finally at the end of a 16 hour day. No I’m not complaining, this is just about every day for me. The weekends aren’t as bad, but still working. You know me well enough to know I’m not used to working this hard. It really sucks. Not because I’m always tired, not because of how pissed off I get when I hear other people bitching about how busy they are. No mostly it sucks because it’s all too obvious that EVERYONE around me is enjoying their life more than I am. People who take vacations, or go out with friends, people who have time to eat meals without having to do work simultaneously.

The reason I do it all: yeah I want to be rich. But that’s not what motivates me into actually doing it day after day. No what gets me through is believing that the work I do now will enable me someday to provide for you properly, to buy you a huge fucking ring, to travel the world with you, to give you the house you want to spend your life in, to pay for our children’s college, and most importantly to be able to do all this without us ever having to worry about money so that we can just focus on loving each other.

It all sounds nice, but it’s not easy to achieve. I guess it’s a good thing I’m pretty deeply in love with you.

9 Responses to why I do what I do

1. reader
      November 21, 2014 at 4:40 am

I think I hear my grandparents;) It’s nice to have something to live for. I would love to have this confidence too. To really believe that hard work pays off and makes you happy in the end.

2. Me73
      November 21, 2014 at 6:58 am

Omg

3. Autumn
      November 21, 2014 at 7:14 am

Even though everything you have stated is really sweet and honorable. real women don’t give a fudge about huge ass rings. I’m a woman and I wouldn’t give a hoot if he got me a simple wedding band. Men should know that simple things like you being there (your presence matters to us women) , a phone call , a written note. ugh trying to keep up with the standards of someone else’s ideals will cause you sometimes to lose the best thing that could ever happen to you. From the beginning to the end you hopefully will be all that matters to your person. At least that’s what I would tell my person in the future.

4. Me73
      November 21, 2014 at 8:05 am

That is the most romantic thing but you know money doesn’t guarantee happininess. It helps a lot, but what good is it if you work yourself into an early grave. Or alienate them as to where they think you don’t care. Best wishes to you and really your intentions seem sincere so I hope it’s worth everything you put yourself through.

5. The thing is
      November 21, 2014 at 8:36 am

By the time you have enough money saved, you won’t have a relationship. Life should be lived and enjoyed at the moment. We don’t know what the future will bring why live there? Seems to me you will miss out on a lot in your obsession to be rich. You will never succeed. Money has a way of disappearing from those who want it obsessively at any cost.

Good luck author.

6. Money....
      November 21, 2014 at 11:55 am

Dear Author,

Reading your letter makes me chant in my head a song from the Beatles. Thanks for starting the song I won’t be able to get out of my head all day!!!

On a serious note, after reading your letter you will never send, I wondered if you have been able to figure out how to balance your drive foroney verses your personal life in regards to those who love you. Do you feel you can? Do you feel its either hustling to make money or love?

7. Author
      November 21, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Good question. Love, how am I doing balancing you with my work? Am I giving you enough time and attention? It’s ok for you to say no.

8. I admire....
      November 21, 2014 at 3:13 pm

your ambition…tops my list of things that attract me.

I wish I loved money as you do but I just love you. I would prefer to live in a tiny tiny house were you pivot and your in the bedroom, pivot and your in the living room. I have no desire for your fancy cars, multiple houses or the big house you live in. I want only what I need….which is you.

While I have no desire for that wealth, I do hope to not worry about paying my bills. I do hope to go on vacation once in awhile like the Biltmore which is in my state but I’ve never seen! These are my simple hopes.

I believe when you are wealthy (which you already are) it creates a lot of problems too. You can never know if people want to be with you because of you or your money. I would also imagine you have to worry all the time about loosing it all. Then there’s all those folks who depend on you for their paychecks. I worry about depending on my own paycheck!

I’m sure you are not my person…he wouldnt be on here…but its been nice to get these thoughts out I never told him. He is too busy making cash to listen…..

9. She says.
      November 21, 2014 at 8:13 pm

That all sounds lovely but I do hope she knows your intentions. If it were me I would want you to tell this to me so that I didnt give up hope that you had these dreams as well. You wouldnt want her being swept up by another (whom she would probably be settling for) who also wants to provide those same things, would you?