• not necessary to say, but i do it anyway

by  • November 1, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 7 Comments

You don’t want to listen, you think you know everything and afterwards you complain that things turn out the way you wanted them to be. That makes me selfish? Well, maybe I should remind myself, that you didn’t know what you want. You planned things for every potential outcome. Always trying to keep control.

P.S.- This is no hatred speech. It’s pure frustration.

7 Responses to not necessary to say, but i do it anyway

1. Gemini
      November 1, 2014 at 10:53 am

“Well, maybe I should remind myself, that you didn’t know what you want.” “You planned things for every potential outcome.”

These two ideas are in conflict. The latter means that the former cannot be true because planning means the end-goal is some form of predicted outcome; even if it’s not the desired outcome.

In other words: If there were no desire for an outcome, why plan?

2. author
      November 2, 2014 at 1:35 am

Lately, when I see the word “Gemini” I feel a knot in my stomach and I ask myself, if I really want to read the comment. But I did, as you can see.

Maybe I should have said that in my opinion there were contradictory desires (maybe an indifference) and because someone wanted to stay in control they planned things in a way that they could switch their plan depending on the situation. If that happens I go here, if that happens I go there. Afterwords I find an explanation that someone will buy…

3. author
      November 2, 2014 at 2:11 am

I see I didn’t really answer your question. Why plan? I don’t know. To prevent surprises, to keep people at a distance, to stay in control, to protect the ego…?

4. Gemini
      November 2, 2014 at 1:58 pm

…Or, perhaps, because each action has a consequence and someone (perhaps, not even the person committing the action) is affected by that action.

This “control” you refer to seems to only consider the person taking the action but I posit: What if the person is thinking of other people than himself and the intended recipient of that action? Let’s say the decision affects himself, someone else, and that someone else’s children. (I assume your intended audience is a “he”.)

People are not as mean as we typically tend to generalize them as, nor are they generally so narrowly scoped or minded.

Also, why for with the knotting of the stomach over “Gemini”? I’m not THAT bad of a person, I should like to hope. 🙂

5. author
      November 2, 2014 at 11:19 pm

It’s not in my nature to generalize people as being mean, but I learned that one can be too naive as well.

I don’t think you get what I mean, but it’s not you who has to be convinced, so I doesn’t really matter. Thanks for your thoughts anyways.

6. What about honesty?
      November 3, 2014 at 6:50 am

“This “control” you refer to seems to only consider the person taking the action but I posit: What if the person is thinking of other people than himself and the intended recipient of that action?”

Does that justify to lead someone on?

7. Gemini
      November 3, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Apologies, author, it seems that I, in fact, do not get what you mean. I hope I haven’t offended you. 🙁