• Nostalgic…

by  • July 26, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, The Ex • 19 Comments

Why is it that I just cannot let go of you?

Are you feeling the same?

I am not sad, but overjoyed at the thought that you are on your way back to me.

We belong together. Do you feel the same or am delusional?

2010 was quite a year.

I am sorry that I threw you away in the way that I did.

It was like I turned my back on you and disappeared.

I am sorry.

I am here now.

I am not perfect. But I always feel a pulling towards you.

Do you feel the same?

May we please end the madness?

I either want you or I want this feeling to stop.

What is the truth, are you really on your way back to me?

Could you call me? Could you find me? Could we talk?

I think we have made a mistake…or rather our time apart is up.

There are no mistakes. Perhaps it is just time to reunite. I feel this feeling so strongly but I will not reach out to you because I do not want to disturb your flow. I invite you to find me, call me, pass me by and stop. Something.

There must be a reason I feel this way.

You must also. (?)

I want to set things right on all levels. Let’s.

Love you always.

19 Responses to Nostalgic…

1. Strange
      July 26, 2014 at 11:13 am

Such an invitation on LINS.
      There is a reason, a reason for everything always actually.
      Just like there is a reason you want the other person to take
      initiative instead of taking action yourself?

I am sure 2010 was quite a year for many, I know it was for me
      (and much in between since) . In this sense other then
      a good vent, I hope you don’t expect results from this post.

Best wishes to you and may you find another way to get your
      message across and to the right person.

2. Not a game.
      July 27, 2014 at 5:30 am

this is weird i feel like i know who this is….. reveal something?

3. Squeaky
      July 27, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I feel like my ‘almost’ girl from a few years ago could be saying/wanting all of these things. At least I kind of hope. It sounds like at the very least you two owe each other an honest open conversation. But like @strange said, its gonna take more on your end then just posting to an anonymous board of heartbroken souls. It sounds like the ball is in your court, sounds like it always has been. If you are my girl, message me a simple ‘hi’ like you used to and I’ll set up a reunion 🙂

4. habibui
      July 28, 2014 at 8:39 pm

why did you do it in 2010?

5. author
      July 29, 2014 at 11:30 am

@Squeaky – “You go first”. “no you”. “no you”… 🙂 Good luck!
      @Not a game. – My mind is blonde.
      @habibui – Because I had to.

6. @author
      September 30, 2014 at 4:40 am

NO YOU! Two stubborn/scared lovers patiently hoping and waiting for IT to happen or for IT to go away. But no matter how much time passes IT never does. Such a beautiful tragedy! DDo you believe that it is possible for two people to feel each others yearning – no matter the time or distance apart? I do… because that is the only explanation (other then crazytown) I can come up for why I am still so drawn and in love with my 2010. DIFLY!

7. @@author
      October 1, 2014 at 1:49 am

Sometimes and sometimes (more often than not) I think I’m just crazy and stupid to believe this.

8. @@@author
      October 3, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Love can do that. Make you feel crazy and stupid. I know this well. But don’t let it. Love is crazy. Sometimes it makes no sense. But it’s ok to hope for and even believe in a “Higher Love” (JVM version fyi). That’s why I still come to this site occasionally, to remind me that there are other people that also struggle with not being able to be with the one they love. That I am not alone. That I am not crazy. You really should try that “Hi” text that @squeaky suggested. Or at least play the hint game some more with me:)

“Absence is to love what wind is to fire – it extinguishes the small and inflames the great.”
      -some romantic french dude with a long name that I can’t remember

9. should I?
      October 4, 2014 at 3:13 am

How stupid do you think I am?

10. @stupid
      October 4, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Stupid? Nah. Bitchy, maybe (definitely). Is that the hint? Because if so, that was/is one of my favorite things about the one I am thinking of! No joke. The fucking ¯\_(?)_/¯ attitude… It always did kind of drive me crazy. In love.

Just play the game! There is almost a 0% chance I am the one you are thinking of and visa versa. So it’s basically harmless. Plus what if? That keeps it slightly dangerous (and fun).

11. @@stupid
      October 5, 2014 at 7:20 am

I’m not your person.

12. @@stupid
      October 5, 2014 at 7:25 am

And sorry for the bitchy response. I pretended you were my person.

13. @not my person
      October 5, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I already knew this. How stupid do you think I am!?

Open forum here though, if you ever want to further discuss your current or past relationship woes anonymously with a stranger. Or trade info and meet for a drink sometime:)

14. @@not my person
      October 6, 2014 at 12:56 am

Well, if I was in the mood I’d maybe find it cute.The bitchiness seems to work. Can’t be that stupid:)

15. @my person
      October 6, 2014 at 3:34 pm

You are a tough nut to crack! Reminds me of someone.

Just trying to make light of our mutually heavy situations – with my cute attempts and all. I know it’s not really funny or cute at all. More just sad.

Sorry to bug ya. Your post just reminded me of someone I’ve missed very dearly these last few years and I was drawn to it. It was written exactly 5 years after our first real date (yes I remember these things) and everything you wrote could’ve been written by her as well.

One can hope right? I hope one day you are able to open yourself up to love and take that leap. As am I.

Will leave ya with a song, for now. Take care:

16. @@person
      October 7, 2014 at 6:26 am

😉 You made me smile – with your cute attempts and all. I don’t know anything, but my gut tells me that she misses you too. Find her, before five years turn into ten and ten turn into 20… You take care too!

17. Especially in the fall
      October 9, 2014 at 1:43 am

Love. Yes. Same. Yes. Yes. Yes. No. Been trying. Call me. (Yes)

18. It was you!
      March 31, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I knew it!

19. C
      April 1, 2016 at 12:59 pm

It was probably in the stars for many of us to reunite the summer of 2014.