• who is selfish?

by  • July 15, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, Anger • 12 Comments

I took my time and listened to your interpretations of my feelings – feelings you thought I had or didn’t have, should have, couldn’t have. Now here comes an interpretation from me. YOU don’t know anything about ME. I don’t feel that I matter to you. What matters to you is how others make YOU feel.

12 Responses to who is selfish?

1. Nobody
      July 15, 2014 at 4:46 pm

If the other has to interpret maybe you are not very clear on what your feelings are? Saying one thing acting another creates mixed messages. Bet the other feels exactly the same – funny how that works when both just want the same thing. Just my 2 cents worth food for thought.

2. So
      July 15, 2014 at 7:17 pm

They don’t know anything about you, but, you know everthing about them to know what matters to them.
      Sum ting wong here.

3. author
      July 15, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Thank you, Nobody. I understand what you mean and in the beginning I thought so too, but that doesn’t apply here.

4. Osho
      July 17, 2014 at 6:04 am

The less people know, the more stubbornly they know it.

5. @Author
      July 17, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Nobody has very wise words, I understand them all too well … mixed messages create unnecessary barriers x

6. Margrett G
      July 18, 2014 at 12:58 am

Well this seems a bit sad. Maybe it can be worked out, unless you’ve decided to move on and all hopes for communication really are lost.

Best Wishes

7. author
      July 18, 2014 at 3:10 am

@So: When you read carefully you may recognize that it’s an interpretation. I don’t claim to know the truth, but I think I have the same right to do what they do…

@@Author: I agree with both of you.

8. @Margrett G
      July 19, 2014 at 3:43 am

It doesn’t depend on what I decide. It is sad. More than that.

9. So@author
      July 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Okay I get it, you were testing their Psychic abilities by leaving them to interpret what you cannot speak and now you’re upset, because, you realize they couldn’t figure you out.
      Since they failed to read your mind, you are now attempting to read theirs.
      Makes perfect sense.

10. author@So
      July 20, 2014 at 3:54 am

Partially true. I tried to read their mind, yes. Testing their psychic abities? No, not on purpose, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they see it as that, because it seems to me that they love to do that with others and as a result assume that others who don’t react as planned, must be like them (but that’s just an assumption). I was upset that they seem to be unable not to manipulate. I don’t want to be manipulated. I would prefer a honest interaction with open end (not someone who tries to control my reactions and feelings). They could figure me out, but not by manipulation.

11. So@author
      July 21, 2014 at 8:15 am

Figuring people out is a very complicated task when words are not spoken.
      Resolution is impossible if there is interference causing you to misinterpret.
      Maybe manipulation was not the intent, maybe your assumptions are making it seem that it was and maybe they feel that you are guilty of doing the same things to them that you’re accusing them of.

I say try not to put words into each others mouths and unless you hear it from them with your own ears, do not believe it.
      If you could talk to your person, please do, you’ll feel a whole lot better clearing things out instead of just being idle in an endless wonder of,….
      Hmmmmm, I think they meant this and that and now I’m angry at them for what I assumed they said.
      Be brave, take control of your situation and don’t allow it to control you, take the steps necessary so that you can move forward in this or away from it.
      Either way would be better than just being stuck.
      Good Luck

12. author@So
      July 22, 2014 at 2:04 am

Thank you. You are right. I would sleep better, if I had some kind of closure (at least knowing they are okay), but they asked me to leave them alone. So I won’t get in touch with them. There is only acceptance left.