• Last year in May

by  • May 1, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, Wish • 8 Comments

I was on a party and told a stranger how I feel about you and me and them – to be precise: I don’t know him, but I meet him once a year on this party to share personal details I wouldn’t share with anyone else. I gave him advice once and so did he one year later. That time he had decided to leave his girlfriend (not my advice, but he said that our conversation had helped him to find his way). He told me sometimes you have to make a decision. It took me long to accept it and much longer to do it. I don’t throw things away easily. He was right tough. Now, please God, give me the strength to survive this.

8 Responses to Last year in May

1. Me
      May 4, 2014 at 10:28 am

Sometimes you have to make a decision? Think about that for a minute. Is that really advice? Or is that simply stating the Obvious which sounds like may have been your dilemma to begin with perhaps? To be? Or not to be? Everything we do in life is by choice and we make decisions a whole lot more often then “sometimes.” In fact we make more decisions during a single day then we actually realize because many of the decisions we make are made so easily because its what we want or need and choose at the time the decision is made. However im sure this particular decision wasnt such an easy one to make but with the advice of “Sometimes you just have to make a decision” sounds more like relying on flipping a coin to make the decision. Ask yourself this. Its been a year this May. Your asking for God to give you the strength to survive this. Theres nothing wrong with that but if after a year…this May 2014….and your asking God for the strength to survive this….could that be an indication that maybe the decision you made one year ago wasn’t the right decision…even though it may have felt right a year ago…was it? I can relate. One year. This May.

2. author
      May 4, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Well, it was a wake up call. The decision was one thing, the impulse for it another. I was struggling with the latter. That’s the short version. It doesn’t matter if you don’t understand it. Thanks for your comment though.

3. Me
      May 5, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Well of course it doesnt matter if I dont understand it. But I do. I was just relating as today marks one year for me.

4. author
      May 6, 2014 at 4:20 am

And you are also (still) here… Even though it’s sad, frustrating, pathetic maybe, we can at least recognize that we are not alone. Thanks to the creators of this website and good luck to you, Me.

5. I will always love you
      May 8, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Yeah, it is sad and im done being frustrated about it all. Its just sad now. The fact that we are still here is hardly pathetic as we have to have some kind of oulet. Good luck to you as well.

6. a nice thing to say
      May 10, 2014 at 12:32 am

Yes, some kind of outlet is good. This site was helpful and taught me a lot, but meanwhile I feel that it’s time to find a more fulfilling/rewarding way to let it out. I don’t want to drown in my self pity – did this long enough.

7. Me
      May 11, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I agree as I have found that more fulfilling and rewarding outlet a while ago and have been a much happier and better person because of it. I just came here because its been a year and I would rather not allow this be a part of my future so instead of mentioning it in my life now, I just come here to relate every now and then when I have a lot on my mind that is relevant to my last relationship. Its better then making contact which is a shame because there is more depth in a conversation with a stranger then there can be with my ex at this point and thats not by my choice. Theres no point in dwelling in self pity as you said but theres also no point in dwelling in my ex’s dillusions and constant negativity as well as the lies that are never ending.

8. author
      May 12, 2014 at 4:56 am

Well, strangers have the advantage that they don’t know you, can’t hurt you (that much) and can give you a different perspective. As you describe your situation your person probably does you a favor by not talking to you. Dillusions, okay, I think we all have them from time to time, but constant negativity and lies are nothing someone needs.