• Have you ever?

by  • April 11, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, To Everybody • 12 Comments

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone and because of the disfunction/toxicity, led you to think you had a disorder or mental illness? Yet you only felt that way with them and in other relationships you were fine/normal? Have you ever been with someone and even if they weren’t “bad”, you felt something dark/negative/unsettling when involved with them? Have you ever thought you were going crazy because the person you thought you knew acted in the most illogical ways you thought there must be something wrong with you and not them because it didn’t make sense? Have you ever been with someone who affects you negatively even years later and you just can’t pinpoint why? And finally, have you ever realized intellectually that they were never that beautiful/handsome/wonderful, etc but for some reason you still idealize them and it disgusts you because it was the worst relationship you ever had?

12 Responses to Have you ever?

1. Camille
      April 12, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Yes. I am in love with this guy I can’t stand at times. His attitude and mood swings are terrible. Don’t know why I love him ? Its like a magnetic pull i cant turn off. Also I’m guessing it could be the fact that I believe; everyone deserves to be loved. It is a shame he’s taking me for granted and even more shameful on my part for allowing it.

2. lizamay
      April 13, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Yes. To all.

3. yup! his name was Jack
      April 13, 2014 at 6:08 pm

And he was the most self absorbed, arrogant, judgemental scumbitch I have ever been with. On with the toilet humor! Fuckin gross pig!

4. Just my thoughts
      April 15, 2014 at 1:49 pm

No. Not really. I think it is clear to me that you do have irrational thought processes from your questions that would lead someone to believe that you do have a mental problem. What you are saying does not happen to most. – dark, negative, unsettling feeling, A relationship affecting you negatively. You can not pinpoint why- etc ( You do sound depressed to me ) Maybe you should see a specialist

5. @just my thoughts
      April 16, 2014 at 7:12 am

Hi. You really need to analyze yourself. Your theories are unsubstantiated and no one sane would attempt to diagnose in a forum such as this. Project your psychological issues elsewhere to someone more inclined to coercion.

6. Just my yhoughts
      April 17, 2014 at 4:03 am

You asked a question. You got an answer. If you don’t like it. Deal with it. I think you even know that have a mental problem, accept it or not. Sometimes the truth sucks, but stop trying to rationalise until you hear only the answers you want. Go get some meds and get out of that funk, and you may find a meaningful relationship and not fearful one.

7. Something like that.
      April 17, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Thats called misery loves company.

I agree with the above poster (@just) stop trolling around diagnosing people. You are not qualified to do such a thing, l guarantee it.

8. Hello
      April 17, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Never, to all.

9. @just my thoughts
      April 17, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Ooh wee, you sure got your panties in a bunch! Sorry but your *cough* diagnosis is laughable.

HEY EVERYONE! Look at the crazy person diagnosing people they don’t know because they can’t face their own demons! Yes I asked a question, I didn’t ask someone to ignorantly profile me based on said question. I am looking inward and questioning my past unlike you who gets something out of judging others you know zero about. This isn’t that “psycho” major is it hmmm? BOOM.

10. I recant my statement aka just my thoughts
      April 17, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Oh, there is nothing wrong with you at all. Everyone lives fearfully, in a dark unsettling world. Loving people who affect them negatively and who make them feel unworthy, and instead of stepping back and wondering why, and analyzing what is wrong here- we idealise them. It is so very normal. Do not worry we all live this kind of seemingly lack of self worth and love kind of life. Happy now all of you, and young lady ( long live misery)

11. @I recant
      April 18, 2014 at 7:39 am

Ohh and have to continue to have a dig at me because of your control issues and holier than thou attitude. Narcissistic tendencies much? See what you don’t know here is my sex, age, true past and present. I posed a question. That was all. What you have showed by your overstepping and assumptions are what’s truly interesting here. Funny how that works isn’t it? Do you like being judged? Of course you don’t that’s why you just couldn’t stop yourself from responding. Now you have plenty to “psycho” analyze yourself with. You’re welcome. Done here and will not be giving you anymore undue attention.

12. I recant....
      April 18, 2014 at 4:41 pm

As a woman surrounded by four sisters. I have two with your thought processes and yes, both are depressed. It was not a judgement, just my opinion ( I have a strong feeling you are American born, they tend to mix the two concepts) Good luck – From the narcissist (Not sure, where that came from- but it made me laugh. Thanks)