• why cheat?

by  • April 8, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, Cheating • 7 Comments

They say
    Cheating is directly linked to: lack of intelligence, insecurity, low self esteem, & an overall sense of unhappiness with one’s own life.

Why do we cheat?

Until one has actually cheated (not been cheated on) will you understand why it was done. Mainly when it becomes an addiction, one time cheaters tend to regret it, feel like shit and hard to forgive themselves. Cheaters feel the opposite. Just want to know anyone’s thoughts.

7 Responses to why cheat?

1. anonymoys
      April 8, 2014 at 9:01 am

Most cheaters are ugly. Or lacks attention. It could be when they were young their parents didnt care much for them. Or their ugly their whole life and times change, now they want self assurance, i can be anything i want, i can get anything i want. But it all boils down to no self realization. They always crave fir somethibg new. Something better. Cure?true love. Love happens it changes. Believe it or not but thats the piwer of god.

2. Once a cheat?
      April 8, 2014 at 9:39 am

I have been both cheated on and cheated. When I did the cheating I told my significant other and because it occurred in the beginning of our relationship they were more understanding I think. Not that it makes it okay. Cheating is cheating. I told them because I felt immense guilt and wanted their decision to be with me to be based on the truth, not built on quicksand. I cheated because there was something wrong with me. I was drawn back to an ex and thought I deserved to be in a bad relationship and not a healthy one (like the new one). Ironically the person in my new relationship wished I never told them. It took a long time but we have a very stable and healthy relationship now.

People who cheat repeatedly are broken. They are selfish and think in the now and not the big picture. They need validation and stimulation from various partners and act without conscience or empathy.

3. Past vs now vs future
      April 9, 2014 at 5:33 am

I don’t feel unloved. I don’t feel selfish. I’ve been cheated on and used to think those types of things. That was many years ago. Bitter is the first word that comes to mind. There’s no love when one is bitter. There’s only one time. And it’s now. And I don’t cheat. I stick around being the other person of a cheater because well…. Because I genuinely like the person. I genuinely love the person and would never expect either one of us to do anything to ruin the life we have outside of each other. I don’t feel like either of us are selfish or insecure or lack self realization skills. I happen to think we are both fine people with a good heart. Is it always like that with cheaters? Maybe not. But we aren’t hurting anyone. It’s easy to be part of when it started before a significant other. I wouldn’t want to be a polygamist but I also wouldn’t call a cat insecure for having relations with another cat. That would be ridiculous. Penguins are monogamous I think. But we’re not penguins either….

4. Why do we cheat?
      April 10, 2014 at 8:44 am

That’s a good question. You could also ask, why do we commit to someone? It’s a really difficult question. Until you found someone who makes that question easy.

5. just sayin'
      October 13, 2015 at 6:42 am

Maybe they cheat, because, they have no respect, for themselves, or anyone else… Maybe they know, that, in a fair situation, ( real world, in which you actually tell the other people involved what you are contemplating ) the person they are cheating with, would never choose them.. Nor would their,”spouse” or “boy or girlfriend” stick with them if they knew what they were intending to do, or had already done.. In short, they are FUCKING COWARDS!! Simple as that…

6. Opinion
      October 13, 2015 at 3:29 pm

My opinion on serial cheaters, and those single persons who sleep with people already in relationships:

They grew up with too much praise and attention. This created their self-opinion that they are special, which eventually translates into them thinking that they are uniquely attractive and desirable. Rather than face reality, they maintain this delusion of being loved by all by constantly seeking conquests and lying and sneaking around to get as much praise and sexual attention as possible. Pulling one over on people also makes them feel smart and powerful, which again helps them maintain that delusion of being uniquely special. It’s a power play.

Or they didn’t get enough praise and attention, and their low self-esteem results in them doing the same as above, to feel better about themselves.

7. just sayin'
      October 15, 2015 at 9:55 am

Oh.. So they are either overt or covert narcissists. Either wat its all about them. They have no regard for others.