• My mind plays tricks on me…

by  • April 3, 2014 • Uncategorized • 11 Comments

Why would you quietly sit by and let someone question their own sanity

Do you think I did it to you so now you’ll do it to me

Is it such a huge thing to ask

See it seems really the smallest of task

That you take one moment of your precious time

To tell me yes or no you and I are all fine

It’s hard for me to believe that to you I ever could matter

So why am I left here to feel as if i’m Alice’s hatter

A simple reply, not even any explanation

Once again I’m hurt by my own damned expectation

Is this the way that you wanted it to unfold

Did you want to see if my love would one day fade or turn cold

Even if I’m delusional with an ego the size of Venus

Is this the way that it is from now on forever between us

Because if it really was me of who you did speak

Know that your love was all I needed or tried to seek

I’m afraid if my fears are solid and true

You couldn’t care less and you’ve decided that with me you’re through

Perhaps you know exactly how much pain to me it would actually cause

Knowing I fucked up something so good against it there should be some kind of laws

11 Responses to My mind plays tricks on me…

1. Self-Doubt
      April 3, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Is the silent killer to what we already know is certain.

2. 2
      April 4, 2014 at 6:43 am

My mind plays tricks on me too..

3. Mad as a hatter
      April 4, 2014 at 6:50 pm

This one’s a creative piece.

4. rabbit holes
      April 5, 2014 at 6:41 am

Rabbit holes lead nowhere. Speak in person. Get out of faux Wonderland.

5. author
      April 5, 2014 at 11:01 am

I’ve tried. I either say something dumb and totally off the wall or heaven help me freeze up like a deer in headlights. I’m usually rather confident and bold, not so much with him.

6. rabbit holes
      April 6, 2014 at 10:10 pm

If you can’t talk then it’s all a moot point.

7. author
      April 7, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Ouch

8. rabbit holes
      April 8, 2014 at 9:53 am

I’m not saying it to hurt. I’m stating it logically. If you have the ability to talk to anyone else fine, but not them, what is it? Blowing them up in your mind (putting them on a pedestal)? Immaturity? I’m asking to make you aware that if I was this guy (I’m not, I’m a woman btw, )and knew of your interest but didn’t know you, I’d think you were playing games. Not saying this is how he feels but it’s a logical possibility no?

Seriously, what is so hard about picking up the phone and saying , ” Hi, this is (your name here). I’m totally in the mood for some coffee right now. Would you like to join me?”

Worst case scenerio they say no and you have your answer. You save face by thinking it was “just coffee” not a fricken marriage proposal. If they say yes, then you have a friend, or something more possibly right? Anything is better than coming to anonymous site, mindfucking yourself/them. Right? All this b.s. is just that. Questions and self-imposed I might add.

9. rabbit holes
      April 8, 2014 at 9:54 am

In other words….shit or get off the pot.

10. @rabbit holes
      April 8, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Thank you!

11. bugs bunny
      April 9, 2014 at 9:00 am

You can’t control how your heart feels for another and you can’t tell your heart to try to love someone. Is a natural feeling and is pure from the honest heart. The mind can play tricks and give you a million reasons to stop what you are feeling but deep down you know what is the truth in your heart .