• I’m Sorry

by  • April 2, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, Sorry • 7 Comments

I’m sorry that I hurt you so much. I thought we would be good together, but over time, I realized that we would just end up hurting each other without ever realizing it. I had to break away from you, and I know that I should have explained or even just talked to you a tiny bit, but I couldn’t. I wouldn’t be able to actually leave if I gave myself the chance to think.

I know I made the right decision, for both of us, but I’m still sorry.

7 Responses to I’m Sorry

1. sad
      April 3, 2014 at 12:03 am

I’m thinking this letter of yours might become a target. I’ve been hurt in this way but I’m going to reserve judgment and simply ask a question. Do you know how potentially traumatizing it is to just simply walk away? Someone did this to me once and it made me think something was really wrong with me. It made me believe they would do it again once we got back in contact years later. (They did). Anyway, that’s just a glimpse of what could happen in these types of scenerios. Please be aware though that regrets can be just as depressing. I understand you feel you are doing the “right thing”. But for whom?

2. A-
      April 3, 2014 at 12:48 am

It sucks, and yes it still hurts

3. Interesting thoughts
      April 3, 2014 at 5:52 am

So you are afraid and at the same time you are leading someone on. I know this situation. Maybe I did this by myself, but I can tell you from my own experience. It will not go down well. Maybe you should rethink your decision. Especially when you are still sorry as you say…

4. No!
      April 3, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Let me tell you from bitter experience, nothing hurts so much nor is so crazy-making as being door slammed without explanation. Even just sending a couple of clear, final sentences to them by email saying that you are cutting contact because you can’t deal with whatever situation you’re in (or sending this actual letter, without the “I know I made the right decision for both of us” bit), then blocking them so you don’t know whether or not they’ve replied is better than saying nothing at all and expecting them to understand what’s happened and get over you.

I’m begging you – if you care about them, PLEASE don’t put them through what could be years of agonizing doubt and crazy self-analysis.

5. Anonymous 'S'
      April 3, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I’ve had someone just walk away from before with no real explanation, and it was a bad feeling.
      You really should speak to that person directly instead of leaving them wondering what they did wrong. Its the lack of communication that causes all the problems…Your letter is very sad.

6. I get tears when
      April 4, 2014 at 8:51 am

you’re real. How can one bear ill will, when another apologizes?
      It’s stupid in a sense, considering all, but it’s the way I’m wired.

I like to think that i’m wired for ‘good.’ I’m a big ‘ Do no harm’ advocate.
      I’m also a sentimental baby..lol.

Course, this letter isn’t for me.

“Just typing into Cyber Space”

ps. How ITF did I ever get involved in such nonsense?
      Typing into the ether’s?
      Gonna get my head examined, by golly.
      ~Wally

7. Rendel
      April 10, 2014 at 2:33 am

” I had to break away from you, and I know that I should have explained or even just talked to you a tiny bit, but I couldn’t. I wouldn’t be able to actually leave if I gave myself the chance to think. ”
      been there done that and until now there’s still a part of me that want the person back but I know it’s impossible. I just wish this pain will go away as time goes by… *sigh