• Reasoning using logic not drama

by  • March 30, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, Goodbye • 10 Comments

Strong.

Are you strong because you choose not to react or am I because I am communicative?

Are you strong because you self-sooth privately or am I because I feel things in order to let them go?

Are you strong because you can use mind over matter to forget, or am I because I choose not to?

Are you strong because you can keep all your balls in the air by not being completely honest, or am I because I don’t like juggling?

Are you strong because you let go, or am I because I don’t?

Are you strong because you avoid conflict, or am I because I am confrontational?

Are you strong because you are apathetic, or am I because I am sensitive?

Are you strong because you don’t feel loss, or am I because I know my worth?

Perspective. An argument can be made for both sides.

I understand at this point you don’t feel I’m worth the “hassle”.

I was. I am.

And while I feel hurt, at least I feel.

I love you.

I miss you.

I thank you.

Goodbye.

10 Responses to Reasoning using logic not drama

1. but hey
      March 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Did you ever talk to your person about the issue directly or just mindfucked him/her? When it comes to relationship we all need to take off fake masks I mean “MASKs” Why don’t you talk to your person directly? Everyone has their own value system they must live in line with. Your letter reminded me of this quote. “I would rather be known in life as a honest sinner than as a lying hypocrite.”

2. author
      March 30, 2014 at 3:53 pm

@but, I could not have been more honest or communicated any clearer.

3. Ray
      March 30, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Strength is being pro-active and avoiding issues and drama in the first place, and if problems do arise think them through rationally to make the best practical decision under the circumstances, not to jump up and down causing unnecessary angst, in the name of love.
      Strength is knowing who you are and using that strength to serve mankind not manipulate men. Strength is kindness, forgiveness and love of yourself and others.
      strength is action not reaction. Strength is about making decisions that are not just about you but for the sake of those around you as well.
      Self love is your first source of strength

4. author
      March 30, 2014 at 5:24 pm

@Ray, I have never nor have I ever manipulated a man. People on this site judge. They assume the worst. It would be nice if even for a day it could be different.

5. @Author
      March 30, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Telepathic communication? Wish I could talk using telepathy lol I wish my asshole gets what I mean and stop watching me.It’s so Creepy.

6. Why do I see
      March 31, 2014 at 1:22 am

so much drama in your logic?

7. Tangerine
      March 31, 2014 at 4:10 am

I”m choosing to respond to this post, not because I know you, (because I don’t), but because I feel I’ve been in your shoes.

Strength comes in many shapes and sizes. However yours comes from your ability to deal with problems head on. I don’t know your situation, but your letter speaks to me as I feel I’ve been where you are.

He/She walked away no? Left without a trace. Left you wondering if the feelings you had for them were all in your head, if anything ever existed between the two of you?

If so, let me tell you, it was not all in your head. It happened, it mattered to both of you at the time. However it appears this person has chosen their way of dealing with the end. You cannot change that. Not for all the stars in the sky.

As difficult as it is for me to understand it, because I don’t; there are people who can choose to simply stop caring as much as they previously did. This does not mean they didn’t love you, or dislike you. It means they’ve chosen the sneaky, quick way out that neither you, nor I are capable of yet. Because I dont know about you, but when I love someone, I cant just turn it off.(I wish I could)

One thing I’m sure of. It took strength to say goodbye. Huge stores of strength. Though we don’t know each other; I’m proud of you.

Please note, this person you speak of took what they needed for themselves; distance, space, and silence. Regardless of your feelings on the matter.

There is absolutely no reason for you not to fight for yourself too. Step one in that, is saying goodbye to them. Step two is learning to be the best version of yourself again, so eventually someone, who will never walk away, will fall in love with your smile.

Hope this helped….

8. author
      March 31, 2014 at 11:11 pm

@Tangerine, I thank you very much for your thoughtful comments and kindness.

9. author
      April 1, 2014 at 7:19 am

@Ray, also I ‘d like to state that it might be unbelievable to you but I actually was honest about my feelings from the start and let myself be vulnerable. All the while I clearly communicated what was going on within me regardless their actions. I went so far as to tell them that if they were going to be avoidant and non-communicative, that obviously things could get worse. That’s what starts problems. At every step I tried to prevent drama, not cause it. Was I reactive at times to them? Yes, and I’ve owned those actions too. Not everyone plays games and manipulates.

10. author
      April 1, 2014 at 7:24 am

@@author – don’t know where you got telepathic from. Apathetic is entirely different.

@why do I see- maybe that’s what you want to see in order to squelch your own pain; by attempting a smart ass remark to a stranger. What does that achieve?