• Show of hands

by  • March 26, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, To Everybody • 16 Comments

How many of you know with 100% certainty your person is here? How many of you think it’s a very good possibility? How many of you just answer letters for fun?

16 Responses to Show of hands

1. K
      March 27, 2014 at 4:27 am

I know that he is not here and he will never read what I wrote. This is just my way to learn how to love and let go.

2. interested to know
      March 27, 2014 at 8:53 am

Good question. I look forward to reading the responses here.

As for me, I don’t know. I consider the possibility.

At times, I write as if my person is here. It’s more of a psychological mechanism. I really want to talk to my person, but have no opportunity to do so and there are many barriers to our communication. So it acts as a sort of emotional release for me to write as if my person will be reading it. Call it wishful thinking on my end. However, I never tell people here that they are my person. I don’t want to play with anyone’s head unnecessarily, especially since the odds of meeting your person here would be nothing short of a miracle.

As for reading letters, trust me, you’ll go crazy trying to find your person among the letters here, even if they actually happen to be here. That is unless, of course, you have explicit details in the letter that cannot be considered mere coincidence.

Just to share, I have seen letters and comments written by others who have the same writing style, situation and mindset as me. I have even seen one with an outside reference to something in the real world that could have been written by me. But they weren’t. The message that letter wanted to put across was opposite to what I wanted to say to my person. It was mere coincidence. This place can be a mind fuck. I won’t even mention trolls.

3. 728
      March 27, 2014 at 10:31 am

I’ve had suspicion by certain thinks that like comment above would suggest isn’t mere coincidence.. i too write as if my person is reading it. hoping that he does. my hope is he feels the same way and if and when communication is allowed lins is just a buying time situation.. u want him to know my feelings are true and sincere, that i love him so much. he is the one o want to spens the rest of my life with..

4. Not
      March 27, 2014 at 10:36 am

here. I am 100% sure of that. How do I know? Well, he just isn’t the type to put into writing his innermost feelings. Too cold and insensitive BUT I could be mistaken.
      I write here as a release. This website was heaven sent at a time when I needed it the most. I found it by chance. I was going out of my mind for love of him.
      Slowly, I have regained my sanity and slowly I have healed all thanks to everyone here. Amazing how we all face similar experiences.
      I usually read the letters but I don’t always comment.

5. agree with interested
      March 27, 2014 at 11:17 am

same here

6. Present
      March 27, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Not sure if it’s a blessing or a curse

7. let's just say....
      March 27, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I think you’re my person.

I found this site by accident not too long ago. I didn’t think I’d keep reading letters. At first? Oh man. EVERY letter I thought was from ‘my person’. I asked him immediately if he was on an anonymous site. He didn’t know what I was talking about.

I think he totally did.

I’m half joking but really…it’s easy to make the brain think false things.

8. For k
      March 27, 2014 at 1:37 pm

K- how do you know that?

9. mayhem
      March 28, 2014 at 3:06 am

He doesnt write his feelings. He doesnt love me. He is moved on. I will never heal. I am addicted to this site and to know others feel the same way saves my life. Reading the letters helps me know I am not alone. Writing them is my only comfort. Reading comments on my letters pretending to be him feel good for the moment but I know it isnt him. I am lost, lonely, and 30. Time here is better than time crying unconsolably. It has been months. For some of you it has been years…

10. @present
      March 28, 2014 at 3:58 am

It really is.

11. @present
      March 28, 2014 at 3:58 am

It really is both.

12. K
      March 28, 2014 at 6:49 am

Just common sense tells me that. It is naive to expect that he will find this. The odds are against me.

13. author
      March 28, 2014 at 6:58 am

@let’s- I’m a woman. (Not sure if that was directed at me).

My answer is that he came here once that I am sure of. We weren’t speaking at the time and I brought him here to read something I wrote because I figured we would not be speaking again. I asked a question on here around the same time and right before he contacted me after years of silence, I believe he was one of the “answerers” to my question posed. I never directly confirmed that part though. I do not think he has come here since because we were speaking in “real life” until we both dropped contact a while ago. I do not think it would occur to him to ever come back here. I write as though he is not here.

14. @Present
      March 28, 2014 at 7:20 am

Really? And why don’t you talk to them directly? Let me guess, you enjoy it that way…;)

15. let's@author
      March 28, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I was kidding with the first line 🙂
      It was funny to me 🙂

16. author
      April 1, 2014 at 10:17 am

@let’s- you’re right. It is pretty funny. Hee hee.