• When compartmentalizing is no longer necessary

by  • March 24, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 10 Comments

For the first time I feel like I’ve cut you off. I didn’t want it to happen. It just evolved to be so after everything. Whatever used to be there is gone. Love and friendship…it’s a whole hell of a lot more simple than it ever was with you. I stuck it out for a long time. So much longer than you ever did. I know you justify everything in whatever way you have to. Actually, I’m certain you can block it out entirely and don’t think of me at all anymore. I’m learning to do that myself. Do you know how I know my feelings are dead? I’m not angry. I just feel “nothingness” when I think of you. And I’m okay with that.

10 Responses to When compartmentalizing is no longer necessary

1. same here
      March 24, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Well, I think I’ve cut you off too. Actually I never really thought of you. I don’t have to block anything out, because I don’t think of you at all. Did you hear something different? I’m happy that we cleared that now.

2. e
      March 24, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Funny i said the same thing when i tried to make sense of it all. But we both know we had and still have something nethier of us will move is the problem

3. nobody
      March 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm

i hope the one this is about/intended for will never know about this letter of yours.
      It touches me because he always compartmentalized me. That alone hurt more than maybe you will understand. To read a letter like this imagining? No words can express.

Im sure you have your reasons and I merely put my sentiments in from the other side and from one stranger to another.

Be strong and best wishes to you.

4. author
      March 25, 2014 at 6:13 am

Does it ever occur to some of you that the world does not revolve around you?

@same here- groovy if that feigned indifference works for you but you aren’t the subject of my letter. And, duh, if you’re playing make believe I’m your person you are thinking of them so your comment is rather dumb.

@E- uh, who are you stranger? Don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

@Nobody- your view is not from the other side but from a place I was so please don’t assume I’m the hurtful one in my story. Take it from me, the guy sounds like a douche. Don’t ever let yourself be “compartmentalized”. Fuck that shit. I did.

5. @author
      March 26, 2014 at 12:24 pm

You write A LOT of letters here, I can tell by the bitchass tone in your responses. Who are you trying to convince of your ‘moving on’? Us the readers, your person who you adamantly state daily isn’t here, or yourself?

6. @author
      March 26, 2014 at 12:28 pm

And don’t get all bitchy with me cuz your nastiness doesn’t phase me at all. Your narcissism is evident in your belief that people should only respond in a way you find acceptable.

7. author
      March 26, 2014 at 8:40 pm

@@- hilarious! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. @author
      March 27, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I thought you would find that humorous! ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. author
      March 28, 2014 at 8:37 am

@@- first, go you for putting me in my place. Respect to you right there. I also laughed because there is so much irony there in your statement that I won’t go into. But if I was a narc, I wouldn’t be here trying to convince myself I don’t care now would I? I would be off trying to get “supply” from a new victim. People cope in different ways and my way is to just write it out to get it out of my system. However, I haven’t written that many letters here which is another reason I laughed. There are many letters here that do have my “bitchass tone”. Replies too. I’m thinking you might be one of those too? ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway, good luck with your individual situation ( if you have one) and positive vibes to you as well.

10. @Author