• Hey

by  • March 1, 2014 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 22 Comments

You’ve been on my mind. I miss you and I hope you are okay. Recently there have been many things reminding me of you. Almost e-mailed you something funny the other day but had to remind myself of our current status. Anyway, sending you good thoughts tonight.

22 Responses to Hey

1. @author
      March 3, 2014 at 4:30 am

Why cant the status be changed? Sending something funny probably would be a good way to start off conversation? No?

2. author
      March 3, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Because we are not talking. My choice. And I believe they like it that way.

3. RavenHair
      March 3, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Is this for me? I’ve been holding my fingers back to type to you.

4. author
      March 4, 2014 at 5:33 am

@raven hair. Not for anyone here.

5. Do it!!!
      March 4, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Send the email! Could be a very good thing!

6. author
      March 5, 2014 at 12:05 pm

@Do. It won’t be.

7. @Do it!!!
      March 5, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Nice suggestion, but there are stubborn people out there. Some of them prefer mystery over reality.

8. author
      March 5, 2014 at 5:22 pm

@@do it. No mystery has nothing to do with it. Unlike some people on here, my person was from reality, not talking on this site. My person does not come here. Isn’t that the point? Whatever. Pointless.

9. @author
      March 6, 2014 at 1:26 am

No that was not the point.

10. @author
      March 6, 2014 at 3:43 am

Your letter was very sweet and genuine. But what confuses me is that you responded that not talking was your choice, yet you say you think they like that? If you chose that, then they most likely still want to be on speaking terms but aren’t speaking to you currently due to your choice not to talk. It sounds like the ball is in your court, so since you miss them why not reach out even on a small scale and see what happens?

11. someone
      March 6, 2014 at 8:44 am

If it was to me, I’d say. Thank you. I’m missing you too – more than you can imagine. I’m getting better. An old and really good friend called me today. An angel, sent to me in the right moment. They listened and helped me to see things in a more positive light.

12. author
      March 6, 2014 at 11:48 am

@someone, nope not for anyone here.

@@author, got tired of being treated the way I was. Doesn’t mean I didn’t care. Done with reaching out. Things aren’t always black and white.

Honestly I think people give advice here wishing their person would do whatever they are telling the letter writer to do. No offense.

13. Wondering?
      March 6, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Only in my dreams would this message be for me, however I can still hear a certain person who hasn’t spoke to me in over a year say “Hey”.

14. Gemini
      March 7, 2014 at 7:09 am

@author – From personal experience, I don’t enjoy the power-play of silence. How do you, emphatically, know that they like it this way? No need to answer, just a posit.

15. author
      March 8, 2014 at 6:35 pm

@wondering…No. Hey is a common word.

@Gemini…it is not a power play. He knows why. We conversed prior. A person can only take so much and then the only answer is to walk away from the source of pain.

EVERYONE…this is a very vague letter. Why would anyone think it’s for them? Come on…

16. Mystery
      March 8, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Should be left for books in the fiction section. Its a shame some people are so stubburn they prefer to give in to their fears of “what if” when “what is” is more clear and satisfying.

17. author
      March 9, 2014 at 1:12 pm

@mystery, not everyone wants to be with the person they write about. There is no what if. I know what it’s like to be with them. I know what it’s like to be friends. I know what it’s like to not have contact. A person can be missed but know contact is not healthy for them.

18. @author
      March 9, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Well, I’d like to think that if that was the case and you really actually loved someone, that it could simply be explained and say goodbye (for however long that may be) and then begin having no contact. But to be someones one and only love and to know that they want to spend the rest of their life with you and then drag them through the countless pointless fights and calling them the worst things and wishing the most horrible things on them and then POOF…your gone? How much more harsh can one be to another? I understand your perspeective but from my point of view, contact would be a good thing. It would have been so much easier for the both of us especially me, if I had been blessed with the opportunity to have proper closure. If I did, I probably would have never found this site.

19. author
      March 9, 2014 at 10:49 pm

@@author. What? You’re assuming a lot there. My situation is completely different. I DID have a last conversation. I didn’t just disappear away from my person. You do realize I am a stranger correct?

20. lizzie
      March 11, 2014 at 9:24 am

dear stranger- I smiled when I read your letter, because I went through a similar thing with someone. I know that we are (literally) oceans apart and it was never actually meant to be. We knew each other for three days, that’s all, and it would be crazy to think it could have lasted or turned into something serious. Sometimes it’s better for both parties to let go.

21. author
      March 11, 2014 at 11:47 am

@Lizzie- our situations are nothing alike. Probably more like completely opposite.

22. Cool
      March 11, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Thats a nice vibe to put out there. Postive, I like it! I am unable to connect with my person because of our current status, so I appreciate this. Thanks!