• I Mailed a Letter I Thought I’d Never Send

by  • September 26, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, To Everybody • 11 Comments

Last night I wrote another letter.
    I never thought I would send it, but I knew something was different this time. I wrote it on paper with pen. I poured my heart out and said everything I could never say in person.
    I put it in an envelope and addressed it, then put it in my bag. Today I went to the post office and I mailed it.
    I mailed a letter I thought I’d never send.

11 Responses to I Mailed a Letter I Thought I’d Never Send

1. A@author
      September 26, 2013 at 11:13 am

Admirable & courageous. I have done this in the past & now it is up to them or if it’s closure then even though not face to face if you’ve been and said everything then you have helped the other person. Letter’s should be sent not here. Sorry LINS. There is so much anguish here. Even I did.

2. S
      September 26, 2013 at 11:18 am

Wow, that is so great! Congratulations! You have my deepest respect.

3. D
      September 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Can you even begin to imagine how many people have read this & will spend the next few days sleeping by their mailbox waiting…hoping that it’s for them?

I applaud the fact that you found the courage to do it. I will keep my fingers crossef

4. Smile
      September 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Good for you.Well done,author.Thanks for inspiring us.Such a brave act. Wishing you all the best.

5. Excuse me
      September 26, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I have to run to the bathroom.

Mr. Upchuck is playing ‘Good Cop’ today

6. @Excuse ME
      September 26, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Negativity isn’t needed thank you & I only post positive ones:) Unlike you? It’s called “turned a leaf” & moved on to greener pastures…mucvh greener:)

7. britney
      October 2, 2013 at 8:54 pm

On a funny note…

Today when i checked my mail…i got the usual junkmail along with the bills my neighbor mailed. Apparently my mailman has completely forgotten how to pick up and deliver mail in my neighborhood.

So dont hold your breath in hopes for reaction to any action. Best wishes.

Best advice….SPEAK what needs to be said to people. Use this site for venting and not how some people do. Every system gets flawed from time to time.

8. @britney
      October 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm

“As good as technology seems….it has allowed for dysfunction in many types of relationships.FACT”

I would rather say technology helps to make dysfunction of relationships visible….

And there is something positive to technology as well. For example: Through the internet (and also this site) I got more aware of what was going wrong in a time where the internet was not what it is today and made it possible to reconnect (different continents, no address, just name). I know this does not really fit into the context you were referring to, but I felt the need to defend technology and also to tell my story;)

9. noname
      October 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Dear author, I hope it worked out for you. How are you?

10. Lost
      October 29, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I wish it had of been for me instead of her 🙁

11. britney
      November 17, 2013 at 6:13 am

Screw technology. Im old school.

The world turned to shit the day people started hiding behind cellphones and computers.

But you have a great day there stranger.