• digging

by  • September 22, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 7 Comments

If I’d thought I had another chance with you I’d have grabbed it with both hands. But I knew there wasn’t a chance – you showed me that. It sucks, but there’s nothing I can do except bury the possibility.

7 Responses to digging

1. Maybe or Maybe Not
      September 22, 2013 at 10:30 am

Just so you know- I’m pretty sure my person thinks there is no longer a chance with me because up to this point I have been too emotionally immature to handle a relationship. But I’m realizing that I may actually be ready now and that person is the only person that I have ever wanted. If my person tried again, there would absolutely more than another chance. Food for thought.

2. how do you know?
      September 22, 2013 at 2:54 pm

How did they show that there wasn’t a chance? Did they say that or did you just assume from a certain behaviour? I have been in a similar situation – on the other side. I guess I behaved like there was no chance. I was incredibly insecure and did not allow my honest feelings come through, not even for myself (only weird subconscious emotions at that time).

3. J
      September 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

You never know till you try. I wish she would try. I would take her back.

4. That's a bummer
      September 22, 2013 at 5:17 pm

🙁

5. @J
      October 17, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Why don’t you try? What if she thinks like you and waits for you to move as you wait for her to do so?

6. Gemini
      October 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

@ @J – It’s possible there’s still an umbilical of emotion, there… After all, the author mentions a “second chance”. It’s possible they’re both in a stalemate of waiting but since they’re been together, before, I’m less inclined to believe so – as someone who’s putting their worthless two cents, that is.

GL author.

7. @Gemini
      October 20, 2013 at 11:42 am

Thanks for your comment (@ @J). It sounds rational and grown up. I think sometimes I prefer fantasy over reality. Call me a hopeless romantic.