• My Fire and Stone

by  • August 30, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, Guilt • 7 Comments

They loved just her, and she loved them. Both of them. Nothing in love stays easy. One was scorching fire, the other a cradle of immovable stone. The stone had her heart. He was solid. He was home. But the fire had her longing, her spirit. He was adventure. She didn’t put much stock into astrology, but she knew this must be her twin-ness shining through, pulling her between the two. Between her resolute Aquarius and her always acquiring Archer.
    When she thought, finally, her future was set before her in stone, in him, an arrow’s wound in her chest she believed long ago healed, began to fester and burn in the most dire way. And with this reopened connection came a struggle and pain of the acutest kind. Secrets, rendezvous, fleeting words and meetings shared with the fire fueled, within her, a molten tension ever growing. She was dangling her feet over the edge of an active volcano. She was throwing lit matches into its mouth. It’s not that she didn’t care. It’s that she was too selfish to do a thing about it. The threat would not register. Nothing changed her destructive course. Not even the instinct to save her cradle, her darling stone, from all pain and spare the heart he shielded, the heart that was hers.
    The fire began to change her. He damaged her insides; he infected her mind, and coiled in her stomach always asking for more heat. Always calling for the flame.
    She realized her mistake. The fire would never be tamed. It would never be able to hold her to it as the stone did when he shaped himself to her form. Fire could not be depended upon, it could not be hers. The fire would consume and destroy. It’s all he ever knew how to do.
    The stone was wary and aware of the fire but ignorant of the flame it had implanted in his only love. All he saw of her any longer was a shell, for indeed that was all that was left. And this killed him. He was not impermeable, though solid. The lava that the girl had unknowingly coaxed from the innards of the molten mountain had risen slowly and begun to coat her hollow corpse and it’s stone cradle. The liquid fire seeped through to the heart he held and cooked it. It became rock like the rest of him. No longer was there any place in him for her.

And she would have cared, had she not already cast her heart into the flame.

7 Responses to My Fire and Stone

1. anon
      August 30, 2013 at 2:29 am

wow.

2. I'll never forget Christmas
      August 30, 2013 at 7:06 am

It was my miracle moment.

Lesson learned? Don’t play with fire.
      ————
      I’ve always said that I believe anything can happen
      Lately I’ve been wonderin’ if that’s really true
      For a boy, time can be a lovely dance
      Then suddenly the music can fade
      Leave the man alone and dreamless

Till he only sees that he’s used up all his chances after all
      ‘Til now only a miracle could do to save the man I’ve turned into
      Won’t somebody let me know, where’s my miracle

Love, it always seemed so easy
      Just like a child who plays with imaginary friends
      I could see the face of someone I believe
      But only in the words of a song
      Then she came along and got me dreamin’

That’s when you began and when I held you, I held a miracle in my hands
      ‘Til now only a miracle could do, I’ve found the boy I was in you
      You’ve come to let me know there are miracles

And now only a miracle could do what I have finally found in you
      I’ve come to let you know I believe that
      Miracles can happen in the end

Songwriters
      LOGGINS, K / MCDONALD, M

3. sacrifice
      August 30, 2013 at 7:55 am

Interesting. I’m where you are it seems. Well, first I climbed down from off the ledge and walked away from the mountain and the fire. That didn’t work very well because nothing changed while on my walk. As I make my way back up the mountain I’m just about ready to just throw myself into the fricken volcano as a ritualistic sacrifice and be done with it. My lesson in all of this? Don’t fuck with mother nature. ;/

4. Rench not
      August 30, 2013 at 8:18 am

Good.does this mean you’re outta here?

5. Author
      September 1, 2013 at 8:14 am

I didn’t just want to spill my feelings and circumstances. I thought a metaphor would make it more understandable and relatable.

6. Author
      September 1, 2013 at 4:22 pm

@rench not. Idk who you are. Please be rude elsewhere.

7. britney
      September 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

This sounds like some shit my ex would make up…along with thinking i still wanted anything to do with him. He cheated yet year after year found ways to find and talk to me. I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt living life in make believe making people believe we are together still. Seriously knew him since grade school. Its sad really. I always thought of him as a good friend til the day i learned his truth. Still today i only wish him well…….in a place far far away from me.