• do you love me?

by  • August 29, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, Love - Pure and Simple • 20 Comments

I really want to ask you if you have any feelings for me now? But i’m scared of what the answer will be in case you reject me again, but I feel things have changed now, things seem different between us. I wish I had the courage to just come out and ask you if you love me or have feelings towards me but fear is holding me back and the not knowing is driving me mad. I wish you would give me a sign. The way you act with me indicates that you do but because of the situation and circumstances that we are in it seems to me maybe you are too scared to or you don’t want to cross that line because of “our situation” because it could be not the right thing to do. I know u have loyalties and it could be wrong, but to me it is so right. Because I love you and I want to know if you hold any feelings for me. It’s the not knowing that is driving me mad and I feel crazy because I feel it in my heart of hearts that you have fallen for me. Do you know I just want to know I just want the answer, I wouldn’t even act on it and it wouldn’t change a thing except me knowing i’m not going crazy. That is what has dragged me down all this time thinking you love me and then thinking maybe i’m just reading everything you do wrong. And I know people will say “if your person hasn’t told you they love you then ur just in denial or deluded or just take it as no they don’t” but they don’t see what I see they don’t see the way you act with me they don’t know the situation or anything it’s not as simple as that, someone can hide their feelings it doesn’t mean they don’t love you.

20 Responses to do you love me?

1. Your Absolutely Right
      August 29, 2013 at 11:10 am

People are fools, “Actions speak louder than words.” Your gut feeling and your heart will tell you. But more importantly someones body language conveys more than what they say or don’t say.

2. author
      August 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I agree talk is cheap actions are priceless and body language and my heart and gut are telling me they do love me but its whether I trust my instincts.

3. T2
      August 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm

If that person told you are you sure it would end there? Feelings are harder to contain when you know the other person feels the same.

4. author
      August 29, 2013 at 12:50 pm

No it would be it, I just want to know.

5. D
      August 29, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Ok, you put all that out there, now tell us your situation & circumstances! No fair holding out. How can we give you good advice?!? And describe the body language! I’m an expert on that!

In your entire letter you didn’t mention one time how you feel about “your person”…so, how do you feel? And of he or she tells you that things have changed and feel different because they have fallen for you, why in the heck would you not act on it?!? Hopefully neither of y’all are married or in relationships. If so, other loyalties don’t matter!

It sounds like you have some real feelings for this person! If things got weird and changed more than likely yes, they have fallen for you now. So GO FOR IT.

D
      Not whacko David. I’m a woman!

6. reality
      August 29, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Take advice here with a grain of salt. If you have already confronted your person and they have stated that they care for you only as a friend, then that is what they mean. Anyone can make themselves believe whatever they want to, especially if it’s someone they want who does not want them. You cannot make something happen that involves another person just because you and only you want it “so bad”. If you find you have obsessive thoughts about them, that is not healthy. If you feel addicted to them it is not healthy. If you are overly reactionary to the smallest things they do that is not healthy. But you already know all this and still hang onto hope don’t you?

7. Gayguy
      August 29, 2013 at 6:00 pm

People can even say they love you but really don’t. Just pay attention to how they act around you. They can control their mouth but not their subconscious

8. Question
      August 29, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Why is it the man has to always chase? Yes we do initially, yet when we have been rejected back and forth to many times then….Yes we more than love them still, we hurt too, I do anyway. She knows her body language as did I last time we met. WOW I’ll never forget her:(

9. @GayGuy
      August 30, 2013 at 8:01 am

Solid advice. I will never believe those words until they say “I do”
      Sadly, I may always have a doubt, even though I’ve heard them from 10 women.
      I think maybe 5 meant it.

PS> Do I know you you? Tell me what I was wearing. Lol
      You remind me of a Batman movie..

Often, The Joker
      You are entertaining, I must admit

10. @ D
      August 30, 2013 at 8:03 am

I have no doubt about your expertise in such matters :- )~

11. @D
      August 30, 2013 at 9:45 am

Same writing! You know shit

12. @author
      August 30, 2013 at 10:37 am

Something has happened. I don’t know where and when, but this one thing I feel certain.

Something about your instincts doesn’t seem to be working correctly.

I mean that only in the kindest way; not in any way belittling your feelings in the least.
      Please understand, this comment is 100% sincere.

I have my faults. After some trauma incidents, others are able to see them. Damn !
      (Oddly, you know what I’ve heard from past girlfriends? “You are so talented you make me feel like a nobody.” God, how that hurt ! Never EVER did I even hint such a thing ! It was bloody mind blowing. All I ever did was be good to them. Complimentary. Encouraging. Supportive. I never flaunted my good fortune)
      Ok, faults mentioned. (No sense in making a list)

But I have strengths. Last night I had a call from an old friend who was devastated. Oddly, I hadn’t talked with them for several months. But one hour before this surprise call, a thought came to me very strong…
      “I wonder how her daughters nasty divorce is /was/has panned out?”

Right out of the blue! No reasoning for it…

It had been easily 5 months minimum, since that situation was last discussed !
      And one HOUR before she called out of the blue, why did this thought hit my mind so pronounced?

Point is, I do have some form of instinct. It is highly honed. I can feel things halfway across America.
      I’ve always had it from about age 20 or so.

I could be wrong about this observation. I just have a strong gut feeling that something is in the way of that inbilt mechanism giving you the right answers.

By the way, this same woman married two men and lived with another, after meeting these guys, very shortly after consulting horoscopes and psychics, all of which had a good reputation in the major cities where she lived. All 3 were disasters.

It’s only food for thought. The instinct part.

13. author
      August 30, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Yeah I just think im a fool and maybe in denial I cant be bothered anymore even though I love this person with all of my heart it doesnt really matter whether they love me or not nothing will change ans I dont think I will ever find out there body language tells me one thing and then they way they act tells me the same but then doubt sets in when they go alittle distant or do and amongst other things that makes me think if they did truly love me they wouldnt be that way or would make more of an effort.. I think I just need to learn the difference between being a best friend and being friendly and taking it as that and not that they like me in that way.. I need to stop all this nonsense thinking its getting me nowhere and stressing me out and making me abit depressed whilst making me think im crazy so, I think its best I just give it up and just think well if they do then hey bonus and if they dont then..oh well tuff shit for me I guess but I wont keep beating myself up trying to figure it out because its messing with my head..either way I love them and thats all that should matter to me I couldnt help falling in love with my best friend it just happened because they are so nice and genuin intelligent and just amazing. But if they dont love me thats ok being my best friend is all im ever going to get either way.

14. T2
      August 30, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I understand. I’ve been high strung for the last two days. Your situation brings my own situation to mind. I’ve worked all the ends and outs of possibilities, and I know what I should do; I’ve been doing it, but my feelings are not good at following directions. I guess that’s what this site is for, right.

15. T2
      August 30, 2013 at 2:20 pm

*?*

16. Gayguy
      August 30, 2013 at 4:19 pm

(@ @Gayguy) Maybe you do. You were wearing all black when I first saw you…as per usual, Batman.

17. D
      August 30, 2013 at 7:23 pm

@author, Why wouldn’t you act on it if this person’s feelings have changed? Is one of you married? Why is “best friend” all you will ever get? Why on earth would you sacrifice the possibility of a happy relationship for “just friends?”

And to everyone else reading, people’s feelings can & do change. I have a man who I am very close friends with. My BEST friend actually. A few months ago when we really started talking I could tell he was trying to head down “that road” with me & it really freaked me out because I didn’t feel it. So I started making it a point to emphasize “best friend” & throw “I don’t cares out there to him so he’d stop those thoughts. It’s oh, about 6 months after now and guess who is now absolutely love sick over her best friend now? That’s right…I AM. My feelings changed. And I don’t know how to tell him. I suppose it’s my karma for being so quick to shut him down instead of not letting nature take it’s course. AND IT FREAKING SUCKS!

And to the people that @’d me…we don’t know each other! Promise!!

18. if you were my person...
      September 18, 2013 at 10:43 am

… I would say: I love you too. Why did we let things get so complicated? I want to be with you and I miss you so much. Please talk to me. Let’s do what we both are staving to do.

19. s
      September 18, 2013 at 5:00 pm

CALL, honestly saying how you really feel isn’t that hard once you do it once, no joke. I did it sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t. But unleashing those thoughts directly to a person is freeing, or god-sent or like a drug.

Everyone goes through things and going back into it with someone can be better then before.

20. Daphene
      November 1, 2013 at 1:58 am

@author @@D I am “D” my name is Daphene. Just FYI this was one “test” response to get you to tell me you knew it was me. And just FYI, yes, I do have some pretty big stupid feelings for my best friend