• Narcissist

by  • August 27, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 9 Comments

I’m seeing that word thrown around here a fair bit lately.

It’s right up there on the fucking irritating shelf along with SWAG, Oprah’s incessant use of “inspiration”, and Prime Minister Rudd’s term “working families”.

Fashionable vocabulary never looks good on.

9 Responses to Narcissist

1. and?
      August 29, 2013 at 8:31 am

I don’t know your background just as you do not know mine. But until you have been involved with a person with this disorder for years, then your judgement doesn’t really matter. Just as you can say whatever you want here, so can anyone else. And if you don’t like it, skip it.

Some people here may not have had closure or the benefit of being witness to a diagnosis first hand of a loved one as I have. So perhaps you can relate to others’ need to find explanations for someone’s behavior. It doesn’t make sense that someone who they loved so much could be so cruel to them. It makes the person who is left scrambling for any kind of logical answers for their pain. Perhaps their person is not a narc, but it is a step in the right direction for them to realize whatever was causing their pain was not ok. It is a type of closure they seek which they will never get from the person themselves.

What I do not agree with however, are people lashing out at others in place of the person who wronged them. But that is their choice and just another thing they will need to deal with later (guilt, letting themselves be stuck, etc). Can you see this viewpoint at least a little bit?

2. @and?
      August 29, 2013 at 9:40 am

I know what a narc is. I’ve dealt with one, but only one. That person was one screw turn from complete psychopath. I’m fortunate I decided to end the “friendship” with her.

I do understand that hurt people would be scrambling for answers after being treated so cruelly by someone they love. I’m worried we over-diagnose ourselves and others just because a toe and heel fits in the shoe. You can smell burnt toast but there’s none in the vicinity, quick call the ambulance you’re having a stroke. Kid plays up at school, diagnose adhd and prescribe Ritalin, so what the actual problem is he can’t read? That sort of thing.

I was once treated as scum on shoe by someone I once thought loved me. Did everything to chase me out except hit me or tell me it was done. Without going into specifics he was very nasty to me. Narcissist? No. Fucking nasty arsehole who gave absolutely no fucks about me? Yes.

Big difference.

3. Not Really
      August 29, 2013 at 9:54 am

Big difference.

———
      Actually, there is NOT A SINGLE DIFFERENCE between the two
      Please read up, for your own sake.

I only say that in good will; it may help you ease the pain of The Great Betrayal

4. author
      August 29, 2013 at 3:45 pm

@Not really – there are differences. Not every asshole is a narc. The worst thing you can do while collecting your info is begin to lump everyone together. It scews your perspective.

5. not the
      August 30, 2013 at 6:35 am

OOPS. the comment to @Not really should be from NOT the author. Sorry author 😉

6. @not really
      August 30, 2013 at 7:15 am

I appreciate your goodwill, but please read my comment again. The narc and the fucking arsehole were two different people. Miss narc cared for no-one at all, no compassion, regard or remorse. Fucking arsehole cared for/about other people, just not me. It is a big difference.

From @and? Aka author.

7. I stand corrected
      August 30, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I see.

I read :” I know what a narc is. I’ve dealt with one, but only one. That person was one screw turn from complete psychopath.”

You made the distinction accurate. I was dealing with ‘one in the same’ …so it clouded my speed reading.

Fu***ng Narcs. They ruin everything !

A N****a can’t even read correctly after dealing with them.

Ok..a bit of a joke. But to say it won’t take awhile to get your brain unscrambled from the constant mind F***ing is no understatement. Not to mention the REAL F*****G they do with other men BEHIND YOUR BACK….all the while while they claim, “You’re my soul mate” “You’re my last love” “I love you more every day” and 15 other ways of pouring on the love syrup.

And the N reference …a total spoof. !
      Absolutely NO NO offense in anyway…well, AWSorForm

8. Col
      August 30, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Some day I will think of you and it will not hurt. Until then, I pray for you and I pray for me, that I will have grace and wisdom instead of hurt when you come to mind. I don’t want you back, I am better off without you but still it hurts. Someone asked me if I had met anyone or if I was dating. I laughed. I am still not ready for that. Yet here you are celebrating your first wedding anniversary and taking Her to meet your family. Of course, you did get married a mere 6 weeks after our divorce was final and you did have a jump start since she was your mistress. I am still not ready to date. I think its different when you are the person who was dumped and cheated on. The good news is, my PTSD symptoms are easing up so I can thank God for the small things. Good luck with your new life. I actually pray for your health, well-being and serenity. And I pray that I will be able to face a new day and not feel so abused.

9. @I stand corrected
      August 31, 2013 at 2:30 am

I haven’t posted anything here:(