• Am I the only one…

by  • August 14, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, To Everybody • 6 Comments

… who doesn’t believe in being someone’s friend until they screw up? Why is everyone so quick to pass judgement on people they claim to have cared about because they are no longer perfect? Why isn’t an apology good enough for anyone anymore? Is it because no one will even listen long enough to actually hear what people are saying? We’re all in this together, we all hurt each other sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, and I don’t want to be old, bitter and lonely. If someone hurts me and asks for forgiveness, I am going to listen and unless they killed my cat ON PURPOSE, I’m going to forgive them over and over. Maybe I’m naive at 21, but I’m happy and other people should have the chance to be happy too and not have mistakes held against them forever. I wonder if everyone who won’t even listen to an apology would expect to be forgiven when (and I do mean when) they screw up.

6 Responses to Am I the only one…

1. T2
      August 19, 2013 at 6:31 am

I strive to be forgiving, because I’ve made so many mistakes. You’re not the only one.

2. Umpire Sez
      August 19, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Crock.

Three strike rule there, kiddo. You violate that one and the ones you have forgiven 100 times,
      THOSE are the ones who will ruin your life.

Write it on the wall.

3. Author
      August 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

@T2- Thank you. It’s nice to know there’s someone else out there that believes in the true meaning of friendship and humanity. Thank you.

4. T2
      August 22, 2013 at 1:24 am

@ umpire sez: have u violated your rule?
      @ author: you’re very welcome.

5. Ump to Batter
      August 22, 2013 at 11:41 am

Yes I have.
      An absolutely foolish move. It was a consciously decision I had made.

It was VERY destructive to entertain these ideas. Some, though, are invaluable. Some might save your life. At the least, your mental health.
      Certainty is imperative to a life well lived. Anything that messes with your personal certainty is not a good thing

Several years back, I got into the Bible heavy for a time and tried to pull out some of the wisdom’s and combine them with other religious /spiritual /philosophies. I even developed an interest in The Gnostic Gospels …and the Aramaic definition of words.

Example: “The meek shall inherit the earth?” lol.

In Aramaic (Jesus’ native tongue) The ORIGINAL intent means nothing like the current understanding.

I’m making a long story out of a short answer, but I am convinced that literal interpretation of The Bible is very harmful mode of philosophy to carry around.
      “Forgive them 70 x 70” Are you joking???
      It’s an insane philosophy. Makes you completely unaware, for starters.

You’ll be a doormat.

I wasn’t playing around with my time. I was seeking answers. Oddly, I made a prayer one night about a troubling family issue. The next day I saw a show where a guy was explaining “The Jezebel Spirit” The show dropped my jaw…and I wept later. This is what I had experienced. The answer to my prayer came within 12 hours.

I tried to find the 3 part series I saw, but this is somewhat as good. It’s about The Jezebel Spirit
      The first one is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQWxpkWtGFg -This guy is a true authority ! John Paul Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTu4__cHE2c – This is SO revealing !!

PS The goal at the time: I was going to write a book ….15 legal pads worth…to try to put some of the real knowledge into the proper understanding. What I had learned starting with Jezebel, was the motivation behind it.

6. T2
      August 26, 2013 at 6:18 am

I’m still “chewing” on what you wrote. Can we backtrack a little? You broke your rule and were forgiven? Did you ruined this person’s life?