by  • August 8, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, Closure • 10 Comments

Thank you so much to the person that posted the silent treatment article . You saved my life, now I can move on completely. And to my abuser I could go into asking a million questions but after all of this it’s no longer needed. I hope you can get help and have a normal life. Most of all I forgive you .

10 Responses to THANK YOU

1. Ic
      August 9, 2013 at 8:50 am

Same here…. I read that article and I felt so much better

2. Author of 'mister nice guy el oh el
      August 9, 2013 at 10:40 am

You are both very welcome. I see someone else posted about narassism… That was not me but I’ happy I could help someone else!

3. Bridge
      August 9, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I read that article and felt worse. I had been giving the silent treatment to someone because I was not allowed to speak to them. And because I was trying to do the morally appropriate thing. I had such burning feelings for him and I was married at the time. I also honestly believed that he wanted contact with me to stop and that it would make him stop hurting. I saw no other option but to sever contact. I’m glad that he did see another option and hope that he knows where my action stemmed from. It was never my intention to bully him or harm him in any way. I was just trying to do the morally appropriate thing. Now all I can do is hope that he forgives me and understands. 🙁

4. Author of mr nice guy el oh el
      August 10, 2013 at 12:55 pm

@bridge maybe you should tell him… I have forgiven the person that I posted the article because of so many times and I still always would because I believe in forgiveness as a way of life, even though he has turned everything around on me to make it seem like it was all my fault. But my point is, if you have caused harm, I always believe in talking to the person, explaining what you were thinking and asking for forgiveness. That’s really all you can do. Good luck… When you know better, you do better.

5. Bridge
      August 10, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I have done so. Repeatedly. In fact, that was me doing it yet again. I have also tried throwing myself at him to no avail. All I can do is wait it out and see what happens. It’s very frustrating. I’m not saying I don’t deserve it….

6. Author or the other thing
      August 10, 2013 at 6:19 pm

@Bridge- I’m sorry… Life’s so complicated. Just do what you know in your heart is right. I feel for you. I’m suffering too. It’s awful. I hope things get better for you soon.

7. Perpetual Motions
      August 11, 2013 at 12:01 am

Me Me Me.

Read it again.

Run this one out:

Tell me about a time when you you were in communication with another? ( Short answers)

Tell me about a time when you cut off communication with another* ? Short answer
      (repeat the questions /give the answers over and over until a light bulb goes off. ) this stuff works !

When the light bulb goes off then you run:
      “So what were the consequences of (that incident; can be any) for you?
      “What were the consequences to them?” (repeat ad infinitum until you get a big Ah Ha)

(*i.e., did precisely what that article stated?

I love the ‘morally appropriate’ part also. It speaks volumes…..

Character Counts

8. msbrown
      August 12, 2013 at 9:17 am

why not ask the appropriate questions about your marriage and the rationale, motivation and consequences, surely a single solitary conversation cannot compare with the words till death do us part. ??

9. @Perceptual Motions
      August 13, 2013 at 11:00 pm

You are so right character counts as you know I say this to you man to woman who character says otherwise for all she says on the morally high ground when in fact it was you who before you couldn’t, gave the silent treatment way before the end so don’t think you are better or in fact the victim when in fact you are but the opposite to what you say you are! I forgive you for all you did.

10. Just Wondering
      August 14, 2013 at 6:53 am

@those accusing others: when you say they gave you the silent treatment first, are you sure they did? Or were there extenuating circumstances which kept them silent, such as a death in the family, a problem with their phone, an illness, a business trip or commitment etc? Someone accused me of doing this but there were reasons, which I expained and she did not choose to believe. Then the old eye for an eye thing kicked in and she has been ignoring me for several months, with only occassional, well timed responses to keep me thinking there is a chance for things to be ok again. She is a girl, I am a girl, we have been friends we were kids (now in our 20’s) so I’ve been reluctant to let her go before now, but that article made me realize what she has been doing to me all these years, and blaming it on me. Character is everything, and so is perception.