• I Was This Close

by  • August 7, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, To You • 9 Comments

I’m not going to tell you this because it wouldn’t be a good idea. I have made the committment to move on and I can never go back. You said you already have regrets and well, it’s better you don’t know how close I was to changing my life so we could be together. You asked me for a suggestion on how we could deal with our situation. I gave you an answer that I think you took as a joke. I was dead serious. But everything changed after that. I don’t think you knew how hard it was for me to give you everything I had and be left standing there alone. Cancelling those plans we made was the worst. It was like a promise never kept. And the way you became so casual and dare I say nervy about the whole thing….well, that was definitely the beginning of the end. I couldn’t stop my feelings from changing. I realized I was stupid when you made it seem like it was one-sided in the end. You have no idea how much I just wanted us to have some time together alone away from all this. But that chance passed us by and it’s too late. I wanted us to be able to go to my favorite place at least once so you could see why I wanted to move there. You stonewalled me and I finally, finally gave up. I even said goodbye and my reasons. Why you played dumb I don’t know, but you had to know I was done for good. I wish you would have just left things alone. You don’t want to hear how we could have been together if you had only said yes that day, or the day after, or any day up until I was finally over you.

9 Responses to I Was This Close

1. 2
      August 7, 2013 at 11:27 pm

would you give it another chance ?

2. Awe
      August 7, 2013 at 11:47 pm

This man who felt so touched by your story is like many men. We don’t think they/you were stupid, we don’t know what we had till we loose the one thing we treasured most. Her, the woman who makes a man feel like he is on top of the world as that’s because a man is only as good as the woman on his arm.

;D

3. author
      August 8, 2013 at 6:53 am

@2 – No.

4. Chitty
      August 8, 2013 at 9:57 am

This breaks my heart. I hope this isnt what is going through his head. I would be devastated if he really did want to be with me and I stupidly misinterpreted the situation. I wish I could tell him he was the one I love, that I want to spend my life with.

5. Me73
      August 8, 2013 at 10:21 am

Your message plays on my fears and fits into my delusion like a key into it’s lock. For me the ‘up until the day I was over you’ part is what would have been like a knife in my heart. Possibly the experience could have been worth the pain. But still pain was part of the deal no matter what did or didn’t happen. So thanks for that. I guess we all need more of it in our lives, but not really. You want more than you take is that it?

6. S
      August 8, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I would why not- I hope things will get better and not worse, but ya I’d give anything another chance

7. author
      August 8, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Bad timing over and over again. Time ran out. There is someone else. No point in rehashing, just had to vent it. Good luck to all.

8. lsknfsl
      August 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm

You haven’t really moved on. You still think about this person enough to write this letter.

9. author
      August 8, 2013 at 11:14 pm

We had a long history, so of course I think of them. But I have really moved on. Look at it like a realllllllyyyyy long break-up. At some point it’s a relief when it’s over.