• To My Future Wife

by  • August 6, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, Yearning for You • 15 Comments

You are my very first thoughts when I arise & my last when the lights are turned off at night. Pondering what you’ve been doing & what you’re thinking of. My heart hurts yearns to be with you, but I can live knowing that now, having the faith in the future we’ll spend the rest of our lives together. This letter is to help you understand what I’ve been thinking about and why it’s taken this long for us to be man & wife. I don’t know all the right things to say, & I’m no angel but I give it my all like everything I do in my life as my words & heartfelt emotions are straight from my soul.

You are all I want in this world & there is nothing greater than the love that a woman gives unconditionally to a man. I find myself thinking about you more and more. The very idea of you provides a much needed break from the pressures of dating, relationships and life. In the midst of life’s journey – the thought of you instantly calms me and refreshes me – makes me smile from ear to ear, in spite of my current situation and surroundings.

I know I sound crazy, but I picture you – the way you confidently smile at me with such kindness & passion, your intelligence ceases to amaze me as it reveals your morals & integrity, the way you pull your silky long hair behind your ear, your irresistible laugh, even when my jokes aren’t funny you humour me as your love is so genuine, generous & profound. I can’t help but wonder what our children will look like, all I know for certain is that they will blessed with their mother’s , even if they are have half their mother’s alluring beauty & physic who’s sense of style will certainly rub off you as it has me.

I’ve gone out with other women, but something always seems to be missing. I go out and have fun but the idea of you and our future together is always in my thoughts. It keeps me focused and on track, aware of who I am, what I want in life and what’s important.

As for my undying love of you, without ever having met you, makes me want to be deserving of your love. There is no greater want or wish than to be loved by you so I will wait for you – in mind, body, and soul.

I have never talked or thought like this before, for my mind and heart are racing with anticipation for that day we met. Because I love you, because I know you’re out there, the very thought of you makes my pulse rise with anticipation, my stomach flips like I’m on a roller coaster from how you make me feel when I’m near you. I will show you I’m dependable so I can think of no better way to show you my honourable intentions with all my love for you than to save myself for you – completely. And I hope that you’re doing the same.

I know waiting for each other isn’t easy. We’re all taught to expect instant gratification in this day & age. We’re told we shouldn’t have to wait or want for anything. Quite often people act on feelings or impulses, sacrificing the what is really important to us which is our future by buying into the lie that sex equals love, which leaves very little room for true commitment or marriage. To me that’s not what love is & what it stands for between two souls and that’s not why I’m thinking about and waiting for you.

I’m waiting for you because I love you unconditionally. And I need you to know that what matters to me is not where you’ve been or what you’ve done in the past as we all have a past, but what I’d love to know is your dreams & aspirations for the journey ahead. Maybe you didn’t know I existed or maybe the timing wasn’t right as life has many challenges & they happen for a reason. Or you thought that we’d found each other, only to realize later that what you discovered wasn’t true love. To me love is being completely “real” to ourselves & each other & not just infatuation or simple pleasure. It isn’t emotionally abusive or being selfish or purely physical. Real love involves mutual respect, trust, affection, equality, balance, structure, the ability to listen to each others want’s & needs and for me a shared spirituality so we can grow together on this journey of life hand in hand. Real love doesn’t revolve around sex! Real love together is when it’s more than the physical, its the emotional connection that takes it to another level of intimacy never seen before which allows us to bond as one & constantly grow together into a relationship where sexual intimacy will only serve to express that love – the love that is marriage.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day about chastity, yes I know you think I’m joking especially coming from me, yet it is something I promised myself so I can think with my first brain & not my second. To have modesty and purity in our words, thoughts, the way in which we style we dress & act, it’s how a concrete foundation for building block that is a perfect love that will cast out any fears. And sex before marriage brings many fears like STDs, the emotional scars associated with broken relationships & pregnancy. In my search for perfect love, it only makes sense to practice chastity and wait until you’re married to give yourself to the person you love. And — OUR marriage will bring with it the promise of forever. We will give ourselves to one another completely, become best friends – soul mates you may say. So even though we may be apart right now my love, by living chastely for each other in the present we can build our future together.

Have you ever been in the middle of doing something when you stop to think, “This would be perfect if….?” Those words come to mind often – for example, when the season changes, as the sun’s rays come out as you feet glide through the warm cream sand beach walking with one another, not a care in the world as it feels ever so right & relaxed, as it was meant to be, the waves gently crashing against the shoreline spraying us in a fine mist of water, the gentle breeze cooling your bodice down from the warmth that Summer’s Sun beams down on us and I think, “This would be perfect if…. She were here.” The thought that someday you will be here comforts me like nothing else.

I ask you for one small favour? I want that same thought to comfort you. When you think of me close your eyes & inhale the aroma’s of the beach that is part of your soul as is mine. Whether you realize it or not, I’ve always been there in your thoughts, when you shiver, or a lingering glance, or get goose bumps running over your body that you get every once in a while in that dream we both share & so desire. You don’t have to wonder why anymore it’s been so long for us to come together. I’ve waited to & for reasons we both only know as I’m more than real now, I’m ready! I love you and I am waiting for you in every way that is humanly possible. As you know now that this man who wishes to be your all you have hoped & dreamed for as you have waited patiently for this day to happen, I hope you’ll do me the honour of making this dream become a reality. Whenever you feeling unsure, scared, or pressured in any way to give a part of yourself away, please read this letter. Think about us and how perfect it will be when we are together.

When this day happens, we’ll know that when we’ve found each other, that we’ll be together as husband & wife for the rest of our loving lives and the wait will have been worthwhile. Love is everything & love is you & I.

All My Love,

Your Future Husband ;D

15 Responses to To My Future Wife

1. Lori
      August 7, 2013 at 12:57 am

This is my favorite post, EVER. I hope to find a man like you someday, how lucky I would be. 🙂

2. Nobody
      August 7, 2013 at 6:25 am

Lovely sentiments, you have me smiling here.
      Best wishes on your journey and may you soon be united with the one this is intended for to walk the remaining path in happiness.

3. August 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

Ooooh thats so amzing, you seem like a gentle men.

4. Bridge
      August 7, 2013 at 3:01 pm

She’s a lucky woman.

5. Wife
      August 7, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Thank you. I receive your words…

when you awake imagine me there with you because in my heart I am.

you beautiful loving man…

6. author
      August 7, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Thank you all as this is the man who went crazy you may say for a love he pushed away through his own doings. This was a letter I wrote along time ago in early February the weekend I was going to propose & instead it turned a beautiful weekend away into what was the final straw for her. My heart aches every day for her & I have been but a fool as even here I’ve lashed out in the pain of her loss. Not the way I should have acted. What’s even worse is I have had a so called friend think it funny to write some thing in my name acting on my so called behalf, not, & they wrote a couple of letters from my journal of love which were my private thoughts from many many months ago. It said all the worst mean things that I would never have brought up again, they even wrote to someone who used ~~~~* which even to me represented her beautiful name which in Latin is “Sea of Stars”.

It’s been my life’s hardest lesson as I’ve been in love before but never have I felt love like this for a woman who has walked away as she deserved to be treated as I wrote above. It sadly was one of many hardships as I fell apart from my fathers imminent death & I was falling apart which she stood by me as long as she could. I’m not making any excuses, I’m just saying I allowed this to affect me so much that I ruined the greatest love I have ever experienced & still to this day I live in hope that I know is never going to eventuate. I am but a hopeless romantic who is but a fool who hurt the woman he loves.

Sincerely heartbroken & remorseful,

Known as… The Crazy man in lost love David.

7. Bridge
      August 8, 2013 at 4:36 am

Don’t lose hope, David. If it is true love, I believe it is never too late.

8. *Wife *
      August 8, 2013 at 12:39 pm

The worst is over David

The healing will start soon, pain is only an indication that something mattered to you so much that its loss hurts.

But life offers us these moments so that we can transform…

I read your words and I feel healing…because I’ve been the girl on the other end of this relationship. At first I was so angry because I just wanted to love him….every fiber in my body wanted to love him, but he chose to close the door on me…and kept me at an arms length….so I learned not to love him as much…and that led me to walk away….

Its only now that I understand that he couldnt accept love…its really his issue…

No one stays in a relationship when they cant express the love they feel.

But David, the good thing is that you have been given a chance to transform your emotions…and your beautiful letter is just the first manifestation of this.

9. @*Wife*
      August 12, 2013 at 12:28 am

Thank you for responding to me in more ways than I can express. The worst is over I agree, but where you are wrong is the “accepting love” part. Can you understand this man, Me, was in so much pain from his father’s loss he didn’t feel the love he wanted from her as he couldn’t say what he wanted. I needed hugs more than not and she wasn’t available which hurt me so much. Even when he passed I was dismissed. I say this with no malice as I have not a shred of it in me now. Why do you throw that in my face about not understanding or wanting love? That is the exact opposite of what I wanted. That point is 100% completely wrong so please don’t think that or use that as an excuse.

I never ever meant for you to be hurt so & I hope you now realise this. I still love you so much that I have not even seen another woman, not one!

I never closed the door on her though, far from it. If it is you, I swear on my fathers grave I didn’t close that door & you know this to be the truth? I have not been on here for some time as I promised myself to not get carried away in hope of ever seeing her again because that is all I desire.

If only you could see me now and I could hold you in my arms or even hand in hand to show you I’m telling you the truth and you can see my love for you has not diminished only grown for you.

I love you M.

10. @*Wife*
      August 12, 2013 at 12:53 am

I had to write one last time…Is it you? Can you say to me Y or N?

If it is I would ask of you for you too are writing here so we are both not over each other? I definitely miss you & feel the same if not more for you since this time apart.

Could we meet this Friday at your local Italian restaurant down from where you work? Say at midday? So we can say all the things face to face instead of here even if it is for the reasons I hope it may not be. I hope only to reveal to you how much my love has only grown for you & who I now am. A man you will be proud of & one that is busy again in life just missing one important piece—YOU! I miss you girl and everything there is about you. Every bit down to your helloooo’s on the phone.

I’d love for you to respond even it’s not what I wish to hear, then I know I’ve done all I can & will leave you be?

D

11. therapist
      August 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm

to you the person waiting for their future wife….my two cent piece of advice.
      continue dating and continue to have relationships.
      never restrict or limit yourself or your options. be free, explore and excavate navigate and experience adventure in every way shape and form.
      when someone is meant to come into your life they will -at the least expected moment in the most unexpected ways! the same is true for one who is not meant to be in your life. if someones not meant to be in it they wont be. no matter how much you want it, no matter how much you try, cry from trying, its just not going nto happen if its not in the cards.
      trust the universe to bring you the right one. dont play the waiting game. play the game of living here and now.
      dont wait in vain, you may be waiting and miss the person god sends you because you were too busy being preoccupied with waiting.
      good luck.
      dont keep your girl waiting in the next room. go love her now.
      a (not quite a )friend

12. therapist
      August 12, 2013 at 8:09 pm

lori, you would be so lucky you would want to fly to zurich say i do then go to the moon and eat honey…

13. @therapist
      August 13, 2013 at 9:24 am

I cannot help but smile as once more she will never directly respond except under different names. Yes I agree and yes going out with women isn’t the hard part, in fact I’ve never had an issue there, quite the man and no not saying that from ego as I lost that bad trait long ago which I once thought was extreme confidence which has been replaced by “an outgoing man”. I enjoy taking the back seat now when out listening to all that goes on and not one of being the center of attention. Never again shall I be that man.

What the one thing I fear is there was something more than just love there, I can’t explain it yet I know I’m right. I’ve been with many a woman, loved a few but this was so……different and yes I haven’t been with one since funily enough. Maybe that’s my problem, to move on I know this is true for all men as its a tried and proven method yet I really thought love has no time limits yet I am wrong obviously. I wished to have children with her, that is why I held out in hope which I shall and am trying to let go as I’m not no novice yet here I am lol. The court jester stuck on a love lost. Never before has any woman transfixed me so for all its worth.

So thank you my not so quite friend as you always make me smile for all its worth as you always have. I shall be there on Friday mind you having no expectations, just as if friends who just met nothing more as I wish to show you otherwise that this is possible. I have my hand outstretched in platonic friendship if that is all that is on offer as you have been my spiritual guide & I wish to show you anything is possible in life and that even though we are not together this is the journey that was meant to be for you and I. I can only hope so as I will wait this Friday lunch time for you to share a coffee, a tea for me as I no longer have caffeine lol. I can only hope you come for at least to put our big loving souls/hearts at peace with each other, you will be amazed if you so decide to grant me one last audience so we need not be on here any longer. I mean all I have said & hope you believe what I say to be true.

PS The worst thing of all this is I have had a so called friend who is my friend no longer write multiple exerts/letters/responses for me on my own PC which I would never have ever brought up again as it was unjust. An example was one outlining so much I dare not even say for it irks even me. I could not believe what I thought was a friend I had known for so long would sabotage or do such a thing. Well they are a friend no more. I’ve all the luck lol.

14. oh please
      August 13, 2013 at 4:29 pm

You are really going to try to make them believe “your friend” wrote here as you? Come on….

15. @oh please
      August 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Believe what you will, it”s the truth. It was one letter and at least one response. I most certainly wrote the rest. Why would I say such a thing? To only make me look a fool like you seem to think. so yes come on…it was a certain letter that said shit I had written down from long ago which I did say to her but that was then not recently. Why would I bang my head against a wall again so she may resent me even more. I think not so believe what you will. One thing I’m not is a liar!