• If

by  • August 3, 2013 • * Safe for Work *, Moving On • 9 Comments

you cannot love me the way I deserve and adore me with the same intensity,
    if you cannot think of me in kind and tender terms I so ask you to leave me alone.
    Let me be. Go away.
    I deserve to be loved, adored, respected and appreciated.
    So if you have nothing like that in your soul for me I suggest you keep on going, just let it be.
    I don’t need you in my life. I don’t want you in my life.

I want to be adored, I deserved to be adored. There is so much in my soul to give that I don’t want to waste it on someone that isn’t right.

Just let me be.

9 Responses to If

1. Lindsay
      August 3, 2013 at 9:42 pm

amen

2. Bittersweet
      August 4, 2013 at 6:03 am

I feel the pain you must feel author. Beautifully stated, with no venom. I hope you heal soon. Perhaps someday you and your person can reconnect, even as friends. It seems like in the search for that one special person, we sometimes turn our backs on a true friend, and sometimes a true friend of the opposite sex can be even better in the longrun than if they were a romantic partner. Sometimes that friendship can last a lifetime, and that too is a beautiful thing. Not projecting my past on you at all but I am guilty of turning my back on someone who could have been a friend for life, in the name of seeking romantic love- partly from hurt feelings and partly from embarrassment, which I now regret. I hope your journey is filled with peaceful decisions. Beautiful letter.

3. Trust
      August 4, 2013 at 6:46 am

Amen To That…Praise The Lord… Halalueiya!

To deserve to be loved? What did you really do? Love is given freely to another they willingly “give” that love that resides within all of us, rewind….some more than others, to deserve is to expect? To have expectations is to not be loving enough as you are putting yourself first which is being selfish to a degree, where you should be willingly giving that love that resides’ in you somewhere to them willingly expecting nothing in return so then they “freely” give their love to you as this shows you they love you. Not demanding something which you do not own.

That is why you & he aren’t together.

It is never to late to realise this and admit this to them if you ever so want it? Otherwise learn for next time. Good luck.

4. charlene
      August 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

Give love without needing love back is something I do everyday, I dont know why but it doesn’t bother me that the person I love doesnt show me love in the way I want it. I guess I just give love freely but I can see where you are coming from giving love to someone who you want to love you back and not receiving it or feeling unwanted is not nice

5. High Road
      August 4, 2013 at 10:15 pm

“I deserve to be loved, adored, respected and appreciated.”

What entitles you to such adoration? Just trying to understand the minds of people.

Try these. Write the answers down on paper or say out loud until you run out of answers.
      When you run out (on each listed) is when you will get an answer. It truly works.

1. What did I do ? (Next Q) What didn’t I do?
      2. What did I give? What did I withhold?
      3. What truths did I tell? What things untrue did I tell?
      4. What did they do to me? What did I do to them?
      5. What didn’t I deserve? What did I deserve?
      6. What did I say about another that was true? What did I say about another that was untrue?
      7. What part of ____am I willing to be /assume responsibility for? (next)
      What part of ____ am I not willing to be responsible for?
      (Rule: there is no correct or desired type answers. One simply recites what comes to mind at the moment )

A ______ can mean any situation you have encountered.
      B Most will accumulate a total of 200-400 answers, some may have 500+

6. Bridge
      August 5, 2013 at 4:49 am

@High Road: I am not the author, but I believe I have an answer for you. I am going to ignore the list of questions and get to the root of your query. What entitles the author to such adoration? The same thing that entitles us all: the virtue of our very existence. We all deserve love, respect, adoration, and appreciation. The author should not have to justify this to you or to anyone. I view these things as basic human needs in a relationship and it would seem that the author agrees with me on that point.

7. light
      August 8, 2013 at 12:11 am

Agreed with Bridge. What kind of sick take on love doesn’t involve reciprocity?

She knows she has so much to give and she knows her worth…. She is hurt that someone is not reciprocating the same level of sincerity/love she’s ready & willing to give. This person wont treat her with respect and yet won’t leave her alone either. She’s smart in knowing her worth and backing away from sensed danger. Its called self-esteem.

8. @Author, @Bridge & @light
      August 8, 2013 at 2:39 am

You are all correct & right with your views as it is a man’s job to show his worth to the women he loves so begrudgingly I will take “lights” view of respecting the love that what once was. I don’t see her now, just pining for her which I shall endeavour to do no more. It’s not easy thing when they still have your heart.

PS I do love her, I have always admired everything abut her, every bit & I always appreciated all she ever was & did even done to the phone calls which when I heard from her my day looked ever so bright knowing she was thinking of me. I do respect her, funny way of showing it though as I’m only reaching out in a last ditch attempt. I may be confused then as I thought if I stop then it shows I am not interested in her which meant I don’t love her.

A Man Confused

9. Author
      August 12, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Love is a two way street. Anybody who thinks otherwise must have nonexistent self esteem.
      Love and be loved. That’s it.
      Anything less than that is unhealthy and will place you in the path of abuse. It is as simple as that.

I am a good person. I don’t play with others’ feelings, I don’t use people, I don’t take advantage of anybody so I expect no less.
      I deserve to be loved, with the same intensity, passion and adoration I am capable of.