• Refracted

by  • December 10, 2012 • * Safe for Work *, Love - Pure and Simple • 13 Comments

Words are never sufficient to unravel the human heart — To dissect faith, hope, and love and speak of what they mean.

No writer; no poet has ever succeeded in capturing these elusive threads of light, but rather must settle for drawing a rough sketch of what sits plainly in front of them. And although beautiful and heart-wrenching their depictions may be, how can they possibly stand in the face of reality?

Yet, which other outlet do I have for such emotions? Such depth and beauty captured in so small a jewel. The pinhead of a star could swallow this whole solar system, yet distance is what lends it the perspective it receives.

I have captured those stars and trapped them inside a colorless stone. It glitters oh so perfectly with borrowed light and returns it in a multitude of color and wonder!

This beauty.. this ring is a reflection of your soul in its purity and life, constantly dancing with the rays of light that pass through its angled skin. I stand in awe of the plethora of sentiment for which it stands as it sits here on my desk, waiting for the opportune time. Thrice now it has been the object of the pen’s mind, and still I do not tire of its presence, although perhaps this community might. It may fall short of the size of a quarter, but its intrinsic value is infinitely more, as the value of your heart cannot even compete on the same plane as this gorgeous halo of light.

I know these words are overused by myself, but sweetheart: I love you. I love you far more than any number of diamond rings such as this and would trade an ocean’s worth of them for the opportunity of a life with you. You have my love, and soon my life to embark upon the journey of a lifetime through God’s beautiful creation.

With all the Love a heart can give,
    ~The Sunrise Poet

13 Responses to Refracted

1. have to ask
      December 10, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Such beautiful sentiments, so perfectly expressed…
      Is that you, Enjay?

2. dearly
      December 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I do enjoy these pretty words.

3. Robin
      December 10, 2012 at 8:52 pm

That woman of yours is very very very Lucky to have such a man of tender words. May she for ever cherish you. One day I hope to have such a man to Love me with his Mind & Soul.
      RG

4. anonymous
      December 11, 2012 at 1:18 am

Obviously it’s Enjay, the tilda ~ , he’s been typing away on here for months on end…
      No disrespect to you Enjay. One question is, is your name Enjay- I believe this is an Indian name, or does it stand for something else, like an approximation ~ $50 (about 50 dollars). In otherwords;
      NJ or NWJ, just curious…

No need to answer, good luck with your proposal, hope she says yes…

5. anonymous
      December 11, 2012 at 4:04 am

Let’s hope to God you are also not the author of ‘Wishing You the Best’, but
      I have my suspicions:

-N
      ~Enjay
      ~Sunrise Poet
      NWJ….

Captain Obvious, El Zoro, Player, Man of many names….

6. Enjay
      December 12, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Hmm… Can’t confirm all your suspicions, but yes: Enjay = NJ and I guess, in a sense, Enjay = TSP, although two different sides of the same coin. Life is pretty hectic at the moment so TSP came around to help with the stress of different angles. :p

7. Not a stranger
      December 13, 2012 at 11:37 am

@Enjay: In my very humble opinion, Fr3aK oF Na7uR3 was your best alter ego – that stuff really moved me, but it may just have been because the passion inside you mirrored the passion inside me at the time :o)

8. have to ask
      December 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Sorry if I caused a stir or something something 😀 I love all your writings Enjay as they often show such close relation, to what feels to be going on in my life. Dressed in words like yours ahhhhhh….well ya’ know, wishful thinking always lingers LOL.
      The only reason I asked was because ‘The sunrise Poet’ stirs the very same note inside of me, and that doesn’t happen too often besides you, and the one in question (whom I believe doesn’t know about this site). Somehow we all know we are not alone in similar circumstance, in similar emotions but still….sometimes, particular words, make me wonder – even though they shouldn’t and usually don’t..
      Wishing you Enjay, and everyone else much joy and happiness, especially around this “Silly Season”!

9. Enjay
      December 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm

To Not a stranger:
      Hmm… To be honest, FoN was merely experimental — just messing around with style, structure, and voice really. The majority of what the Fr3aK wrote was spur of the moment “first thing come to mind” sort of thing. Of course, I suppose that is the majority of my writing on here, but Enjay was always more subject focused and FoN jumping everywhere. :-p But it was a different time, filled with different obstacles and other challenges than those that face me today. Indeed, life is an ever-rotating orb, always moving, displaying a difference face with each rotation.

10. Enjay
      December 14, 2012 at 10:55 am

To Have to ask:
      I doubt you have read all I have written, for then I doubt you’d hold the same opinion. 😉 As the “anonymous” user here mentioned, I’ve been around for a while, written more letters than I care to say, and many I’m not proud of.

“Sunrise Poet” is sort of an inside thing with my future fiancé and so I went with it. 🙂

But no worries about causing a stir. :-p I appreciate your kind words. thanks. 🙂

11. dearly
      December 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm

You wrote on grouphug quite a bit too didn’t you? I think maybe some of our messages were lost in translation there.

12. Enjay
      December 15, 2012 at 11:08 pm

To dearly:
      To the contrary, I have never heard of grouphug, at least until now. :-p So you must have been thinking of someone else.

13. C
      December 22, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Tsp, Enjay, etc, etc.. curious.. is Enjay your real name? Or is that just another personality for your writing?