• 9 Responses to Well it’s all in your mind

1. Anonymous
      March 13, 2012 at 4:09 am

Well, you better send this to the person, because to most people if correspondence stops, the person is not going to be emboldened to make a move thinking there is no interest. You’re really putting this person out on a limb. Help them a little if you want them to succeed!

2. that girl
      March 13, 2012 at 6:39 am

really? i find this hard to believe….because it’s still all in my mind….

3. that girl
      March 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

Yes, I totally agree with anonymous. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

4. DC
      March 13, 2012 at 11:53 am

Classic passive/aggressive. Stop communicating without letting the other person know that communication is desired. Leads to failed expectation and resentment and it will be the other person’s fault for not stepping through the door he/she doesn’t know is open.

Spent six years with this attitude. It sucks to be on the receiving end of it. It’s the reason men complain about women wanting us to be mind-readers.

And just in case this is from CB: that door is only open so you can slam it on my foot. I’m wise to you now.

5. Poppy M.
      March 13, 2012 at 2:17 pm

@ DC … You said it!

6. someone
      March 14, 2012 at 12:31 am

you are all misunderstanding. I was at the receiving end. I finally returned what I was given in these final years: silence, indifference, pride. Goodbye.

7. S
      March 16, 2012 at 9:29 am

@someone: Some people on here don’t get that some are simply using the site as closure and not for advice and attention. So they give it anyway to make themselves feel better. Don’t worry about it. If you feel better about writing it, screw them. The letter did what it was meant as did the site.

8. Another S (someone/author)
      March 16, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Thank you S for your kind words. Its better not to make judgements on an anonymous site which is, as you said, meant for closure.

9. Sir D
      March 16, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Comments can serve the same purpose for the commentator as the original letter did for the author. Plus there’s the audience.

It’s all good, one way or another.