• Poison

by  • February 20, 2012 • * Safe for Work *, Goodbye • 15 Comments

If I could go back, I would un-meet you. I would wipe you from my memory. I don’t want you in my life. You are the mistake I can’t undo because you will not go away. I don’t wish you the best. I don’t hope you find happiness. I’m not sorry I hurt you. Because you started all this. You made all of this possible. And this incessant game of tag has been nothing but a curse from the very night I laid eyes on you all those years ago.

Go away. Stay away. Don’t contact me. Don’t look for me. Don’t wish me well. Don’t wish me happiness. Don’t be sorry for what you said. Don’t be ashamed. Just let it go and this disaster die.

I want it dead. I want us dead. I don’t care what you do with your life as long as I don’t have to know about it. I don’t need your words. I don’t need your forgiveness. I don’t need you. You weren’t there when I needed you. What makes you think I need you now.

One thing I know for certain is this. Whatever lies in my future is NOT in my past.

Take your martyrdom and your self-suffering and your whining holier-than-thou hypocritical bullshit and go bleed on someone else’s alter.

Because. You. Simply. Don’t. Matter. Anymore.

15 Responses to Poison

1. me
      February 20, 2012 at 11:46 am

Karma

2. DC
      February 20, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Oh, it’s karma all right. If it’s who I think it is I WAS there when she needed me; I carried her through her cancer treatment every step of the way. If I were to post the full story here there would be not one person who would think I was the bad guy here.

Unless, of course, it is acceptable to say “I love you” to your face while setting things up with your ex behind the guy’s back (just one little tidbit).

There’s a skewed view here and it’s not me that holds it.

3. DC
      February 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm

And if it IS her… I find it hilarious that the guy she is with now she many times described to me as “poison.”

What a laugh.

Nonetheless, regardless of what it takes for her to feel good about a decision that her whole family and all her friends think was selfish, intentionally hurtful and self-damaging, I still wish her well. Because, ya know, I”m not the evil guy she now seems to think I need to be so she can justify what she did.

4. me
      February 20, 2012 at 12:51 pm

DC I’m not her. I don’t know you at all. Think why that one word pisses you off so much. Tell me the full story. I’ll tell you what I think objectively. But at the same time, I will only be hearing one side of the story. Obviously, if you don’t want to then it is your choice.

5. me
      February 20, 2012 at 1:29 pm

How I know that I don’t know you:

I never set things up with my ex. I never went back to my ex. The guys from my past I don’t even talk to. In other words, I can’t possibly be her. Plus, I’ve never heard about this type of situation, so that means I don’t know you at all. In other words, I’m pretty objective when it comes down to the whole situation.

6. author
      February 20, 2012 at 2:42 pm

DC, this wasn’t about you. Basically because I don’t have any idea who you are. Go write your own letter. Thanks.

7. anonymous
      February 20, 2012 at 5:57 pm

This was mean what did this person do that was so terrible?

8. Rose
      February 20, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I sort of wish this was for me. This fits the image of him I have now. This isn’t him, though. I’m pretty sure he knows the difference between alter and altar.

9. DC
      February 21, 2012 at 4:39 am

To author and person that asked for the story. I did write my own letter. It doesn’t go into the detail of her contacting that man behind my back, how she several times said “I love how you give me my privacy” which really meant “you fool, if you only knew what was in my inbox and sent items” but that went on for months.

10. anon
      February 21, 2012 at 9:47 am

Were you there when they needed you? Probably not.

11. Dc
      February 21, 2012 at 10:55 am

I was most definitely there. Nursed her through her cancer treatment and after that as well. She got depressed. She wouldn’t talk to me. I tried to get her to speak to me, she wouldn’t. I was there but I’m not a mind reader.
      You know how relationship experts talk about communication being key? Yeah, that. I couldn’t force her mouth to form words.

12. author
      February 21, 2012 at 11:46 am

My bad, Rose. *altar

13. author
      February 21, 2012 at 11:50 am

As to what was done, sorry, that’s no one’s business. But the point of this site…at least I thought…was to be able to express yourself anonymously. To purge. I wasn’t aware I had to write my life story. It’s easy to judge a stranger when you don’t have all the facts. But I also understand when you put it online, you put it out there. So if it makes you feel better, please everyone, judge away.

14. DC
      February 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

I’m not judging – your words sound exactly like what my CB might have written. From what I can tell she is in about the same place as you are right now and some of what you say sounds very much like her. But you’ve pointed out you’re not my CB which actually makes me feel better – I hated hearing her voice in my head saying these things.

But judging? I have too many of my words and actions I have to judge and weigh to be concerned about judging someone else’s. We all make our own bed, eventually, and sleep in our own space.

15. author
      February 22, 2012 at 6:32 am

Yep. Sometimes people have to make their own closure and stop waiting on fate or the other person to give it to them if they truly want to move on. I’m a firm believer of that. I would never say these kind of things to him. Which is why I said them here. And I’m glad I did because I feel better which is what this is all about.