• One Sock.

by  • February 19, 2012 • Confusion • 9 Comments

You pulled off my sock, and laughed at me when I protested. So we left one on as we went at it.

I have a question… what fuck buddies cuddle before, during, and after sex?
    What fuck buddies snuggle and watch t.v. shows, holding hands?

…We’re not just fuck buddies, are we?

Talk to me.
    Ask me what I think we are.
    Tell me what you want us to be.

Because this is killing me here!

I don’t mind if we’re just friends with benefits, honest. I just need to know what you see us as, before I get the wrong impression from those wonderful kisses of yours…!

9 Responses to One Sock.

1. Rock Girl
      February 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Right there with ya for all but the one sock.

I asked mine what he thought was between us and he said “this is good”
      I should have asked which part? the cuddling before during and after sex? the kisses? the snuggle watching tv? So confused.

I really hope you get answers.

2. truth
      February 20, 2012 at 8:01 am

Truth is… the specifics of this answer or that answer aren’t important at any given point as long as the conversation is being had. Those things are not static. If two people keep coming back for more of something from each other, and communication is occurring, then there is a relationship. Whatever that “something” is will be developed or it won’t which is determined by whether or not the two involved do any ‘developing’. If either or both don’t, then it won’t.

3. Jaclynn J.
      February 21, 2012 at 12:27 am

What’s the point? You’re just going to sit on your stupid computer chair with your mouth half open and dream about what it could be anyway. There’s no point.

4. @Jaclynn J.
      February 22, 2012 at 9:14 am

Jaclynn J… What’s the point?

You’re right.

It wouldn’t really change anything in the relationship we have to know what kind of relationship it is.

What I know is that we are friends. We enjoy the company of each-other, we have fun together (be it X rated or not). I wouldn’t think anything different of him to know what he thinks of me.
      He insists I’m not a slut. He referred to his “past ones” (implying that I am his “current one”), and I’m fairly certain he doesn’t just sleep around. Maybe he meant girlfriends, maybe he meant intimate-fuckbuddies. I don’t know, but I’m working on finding out one day at a time.

It would just give me a little piece of mind to know what he wants. I can’t say I hope he wants more than this, because I’m not quite sure I do. To be honest, I’m perfectly fine with the arrangement we have now. Friends that fuck. It’s so simple, so easy.

I won’t ask for clarification, though I’ll hint at it. I’m really enjoying watching this play out. I’ve never done this sort of thing before… it’s new, exciting.

So in a sense, yes. You are right. There is no point. But I am doing so much more than sitting around and dreaming. My answers are unraveling bit by bit, and I love it.

~~~
      Rock Girl, I hope you get some clarification soon. Good luck with yours. 😉
      ~~~
      Truth… thank you for that, you got me thinking…

5. Yep
      February 22, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I have a similar story. Only advice I can give is to trust yourself and don’t let yourself be used. If your both still great friends, and you are both happy then great, just don’t set expectations that there’s more to it when there really isn’t. I got crushed by thinking there was more when there wasn’t. I hope the best for you 🙂

6. Rock Girl
      February 23, 2012 at 7:35 pm

To Yep-
      How did you find out there wasn’t as much there as you thought, wanted or hoped?

I know this guy and I are friends. We were friends before anything physical happened. But I know what I want and I don’t know what he wants. I think he and I are both happy with where we are right now. I know I have trust issues and so does he. We’ve both been hurt very badly.

********

To Jaclynn J.
      I’m not sitting in my computer chair doing nothing. I am waiting.
      Our work schedules conflict big time this month. I am traveling and he is working unusual hours. The next time we will get to be together in person MIGHT be mid-March or possibly mid May (Hope earlier rather than later). Talking about this is not the type of thing that can be done via text message and for now that’s the best form of communication for us.

*****
      To the author-
      Thank you for so eloquently sating (both times)the similarity in our situation. I hope you get answers too. Good luck!

7. Rock Girl
      March 18, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I got my answer.
      He doesn’t want me.
      It hurts.

8. @Rock Girl
      April 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I’m sorry… <3

9. Author
      July 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I got my answer too. A while ago, but I hadn’t thought to update here. I got up the courage to ask him straight up, and he confirmed it: Fuck buddies!

To be honest, I’m not disappointed. He shared his reasons with me, and I was so glad he had opened up. It turns out it’s disappointment he’s afraid of. No title, no “love”, no disappointment, right? It’s a silly thought, but I see sense behind it. You can convince yourself there’s reason to be sad about the end of a relationship, if it was never one to begin with. It’s a nice mental armor for a heart that doesn’t want to be broken after a few hard breaks. I can’t judge him for trying to protect himself.

I love the setup we have. I tell him all the time how I feel about him (excluding the “L” word, that’s forbidden), and he shows me his soft side behind it all. I don’t need the title, I don’t need society’s approval to be happy spending time with someone who makes me smile.
      I don’t expect this to last forever, but that’s the beauty of it.. I get to make the most out of the time we have, not worrying about making a future together work. It feels right right now, and that’s all that matters.

He says it’s better for him to fuck me than fuck with my mind. I say, he’s doing a fantastic job at both, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.