• Dear Loving Jesus…

by  • February 16, 2012 • * Safe for Work *, God • 7 Comments

Dear Jesus. I know you love me. And nothing can compare to your great love for me. Ever. It’s amazing to think how much you must love to DIE for me. You went through all that pain. And suffering. And torture. And you could have stopped it with one word. But you didn’t even try to. And you went through with it because you live God, your daddy, and because you love me, your child. I could never thank you enough. Show me what I can do in return. I’m here giving all of my troubles to you. I’m sure you can handle them better than me, anyways. I love you. Thanks again. 🙂

7 Responses to Dear Loving Jesus…

1. GodIsNotGreat
      February 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm

You forgot to mention that he really doesn’t like Africans. You know, the children that starve to death everyday by the thousands. But I am so happy that Jeebus loves you sooooo much.

The is no mythical sky wizard…. The more you know.

2. hmmm
      February 16, 2012 at 11:30 pm

@GodIsNotGreat: whatever ugly stuff human beings bring unto themselves it is not God’s doing. We have the tools to make things work but oh no, no, there are some greedy ones who want to have it all, not caring who goes without. Most of the misery we experience is man made: racism, descrimination, war, disease and on and on so before you speak you should think about it.

3. GodIsNotGreat
      February 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I have a hard time listening to anyone that thinks a talking snake told a chick that was made from a rib to eat an apple that gives knowledge. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Evidence for science… A ton.
      Evidence for religious magic… Zero.

4. Enjay
      February 17, 2012 at 10:49 pm

And I have a hard time finding credibility in anyone who bases their “evidence” for science off of theories and inaccurate equipment and finds the need to attempt to tear down the beliefs of others.

Evidence for science: imprecise theories based on what “could” have happened if *billions* of factors just so happened to line up in *just* the right way, which borderlines impossibility.

Evidence for the credibility of the claims of Jesus Christ and the reliability of the Bible: More than enough if one merely makes the effort to look.

5. GodIsNotGreat
      February 18, 2012 at 7:04 pm

A scientific theory is an observation backed up by mountains of evidence, so you are clearly misunderstanding what a theory is in this context. Remember, that if you were born in Afghanistan you would almost certainly be a Muslim. It is simple geography, not truth.

6. Enjay
      February 19, 2012 at 7:58 am

To GodIsNotGreat:
      That is the way it is supposed to be done, yes. Unfortunately, scientist’s biggest mistake is automatically assuming that there is no Creator, in which case they have to come up with alternate theories as to how we got here. Not to sound like I’m attacking, but the theories they have developed are weak and nonsensical and even less likely to be true than that of an intelligent Creator.

And yes, if I were raised in Afghanistan I would most likely have grown up Muslim because of what I’d have been taught. But only a foolish man would accept what he’s been told with no questions of validity and without researching whether or not it were true. If you enter your research with bias against what you are looking for, you will almost certainly discount the evidence you come across.

I sincerely hope you can look into this matter with an open mind and open heart, my friend. The rewards for doing so are greater than you can imagine.

To the author:
      I apologize for hijacking your letter for the sake of argument, but I think the Love it captures is beautiful and incredible and nothing gladdens my heart more than to see the joy of someone who knows the Love of Christ in this way. Keep writing! 🙂

7. GodIsNotGreat
      February 19, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I was raised as a christian. Science did not start out claiming that there was no god. Science has just disproved a ton of crap in the bible. God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. Every year you are alive, science will prove more and more that there is no sky wizard.

If you don’t believe me, just read the bible, then pick up a biology book. Or go marry a woman after you rape her. <— In the bible by the way.

I'm sure, unlike me, that you have not read the bible… But I encourage you to do so.