• You destroyed me.

by  • February 12, 2012 • * Safe for Work *, Heartbreak • 7 Comments

We were friends. Best friends even. And that was all I wanted, at first. Then you got me into your bed, your life, and you weaseled your way into my heart, one day at a time until I couldn’t take it anymore. You told me you cared about me, that we’d be together, that you couldn’t imagine not having me there. Then, out of nowhere we were done. You found someone new and decided that what we had meant nothing. The last year and a half had absolutely no effect on you, and my feelings didn’t matter. I loved you with everything I had, I looked past all of my biggest insecurities and fears because I thought you wouldn’t hurt me, but you did. You hurt me, you destroyed me, and you lied to me.

Well now I’m done crying and I’m done being upset. I’m going to get over you, and yeah, it’s going to take time, but I’m going to find someone who deserves me, and not someone who can be cruel enough to string someone along until “something better” comes along. I hope to god for her sake she’s something better because I couldn’t wish this pain on anyone, not even my worst enemy, not even on you.

You broke my heart, you destroyed my reputation, and all of the walls I put up to protect myself, and now I slowly have to rebuild it all. Was it a waste of my time? No. It means I got the chance to love, to experience what some people never will, but I also experienced the heartbreak, and that’s something that I will probably never fully get over.

7 Responses to You destroyed me.

1. --
      February 12, 2012 at 11:11 am

Been there. Exactly there. It gets easier, but it does take a lot to make it go away. Just be patient <3

2. KK
      February 12, 2012 at 2:00 pm

3. AJ
      February 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm

time heals all, sucks but its true, and there’s always someone better:] until you truly can not imagine your life-present and future- without each other.

4. TheInsomniaKat
      February 14, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Time heals all is bs… my heart still hurts from every ache it’s ever had… there’s still a special place there for certain people, and I might lie and say I’m over them but I’m not. I hope you do get over them and find someone better that treats you the way you deserve.

5. FR
      February 16, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I read this and literally thought I had somehow posted this in my sleep. The exact same thing happened to me exactly a year ago. I wrote (and never sent) this letter http://lettersillneversend.com/2011/03/14/closure-9/#comments shortly after we stopped talking regularly… He started dating someone else a few months later.
      Anyway, you will get better and wiser, and if the way he treated you didn’t already prove it, he’s not/won’t. Making a life worth loving and choosing to be happy were the only ways I got through it. Consider this me trying to give you some hope via cyberspace. IT GETS BETTER!

6. Clare
      February 20, 2012 at 11:01 pm

this is my story, exactly. my heart goes out to you.

people say that it gets better with time, i’m not so sure about that. i think my heart is changed forever but i have hope that one day i’ll be okay, perhaps even at peace with having a heart that will never be as full as it once was.

7. G
      March 18, 2012 at 8:38 am

I understand completely and am going through a tough time. I know it will get better, eventually. The hurt as the minute is so hard and I don’t understand how he could care so little. It sucks.