10 Things I Know To Be True
1. Just because you really, really, REALLY want something doesn’t mean you’re going to get it. Life is about obstacles and overcoming those obstacles. The more obstacles you overcome, the stronger you become.
2. Things happen for a reason. Now I don’t know this to be true, but I sure hope it is. One failure means that an even bigger success is on its way.
3. Unrequited love is more important than being in a relationship. It teaches you to never give up and never stop hoping. It teaches you that not everyone is going to like you. It teaches you to pick yourself up and dust yourself off and find someone that actually likes you.
4. Sleep is the greatest thing ever to be invented. Ever.
5. You can have friends of the opposite gender that you’re not interested in sexually, but you’d be lying if you said you had never looked at them in a romantic way.
6. Just because someone is classy and sophisticated doesn’t mean they’re a nice person. More likely than not, they’re a secret jerk.
7. Just because a girl has sex in high school doesn’t mean she’s a slut, and just because she says one snotty comment doesn’t mean she’s a bitch.
8. You can’t make assumptions about anyone or anything. You can’t assume that someone has a crush on someone else or that a rumor you heard was true. Those assumptions can hurt people more than you’ll ever realize.
9. Reverse psychology works. If you initiate a friendship with someone, it won’t work. But if you let them come to you, the friendship will blossom instantly.
10. Fantasizing is a waste of time. It doesn’t get anything done. Instead, it promotes the art of doing nothing in hopes that your dreams will come true on their own. Which will never happen.