• “Great Guy”

by  • November 9, 2011 • To You • 6 Comments

how is being called a “great guy” supposed to make me feel? Is it supposed to make up for all those nights i let you pour your heart out to me about you worthless boyfriends, and then the next day completely disregard my existence while flaunting your “love” in my face. or when you get too drunk at party and i make sure nothing happens to you and stick up for you the whole night making me look like some loser to everyone.

is it supposed to erase the fact that I’ve been constantly making a fool out myself for four years just to get you to notice me? Making sure you never feel ugly or fat, and constantly going out of my way to make you feel better?

I’ve pulled you out of the fire more times than I can count. I’ve talked you down from suicide, held you when you were hurting, nursed you when you were too drunk to stand, and made all people that made your life hell go away. I’ve dealt with your drug problems, helped you through your family issues, and listened to every single problem you’ve every told me.

there has never been a time where I’ve told you I was too busy for you. I have and am willing to drop everything I’m doing to help you, and I’ve proved that numerous times over….

How dare you tell me I’m a “great guy”. What does that get me exactly? You’ve never one given me a chance. You constantly talk yourself down but apparently your still too good for me. you almost make me regret being so nice. Girls don’t want nice guys anymore. Apparently they like guys who call them fat or treat them like shit unless the want sex. And i guess i can’t nor do I want to be that kind of guy, for you or for anyone.

6 Responses to “Great Guy”

1. amanda
      November 9, 2011 at 10:15 am

this makes me sad. i wish i had a guy like you in my life. some girls really dont understand what they have in front of them.

2. Lex
      November 9, 2011 at 10:35 am

Please don’t let her get you down. Maybe you need to explore your options out there a little more. If she cant see what’s right in front of her eyes, she isn’t the girl for you. I’m not saying to throw away your friendship because of that, but just be aware that there is a girl out there for you. One that will appreciate you, one that will be there for you the way you are for her. She’ll realize the great man you are. Just don’t get give up on love. I strongly believe there’s someone out there for everyone, and she probably isn’t your someone. Hang in there! 🙂

3. Jen
      November 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Girls still want nice guys, just hang in there. I’m a girl in the same position with one of my guy friends who doesn’t appreciate me. Nice guys (and hopefully girls) don’t always finish last.

4. Eric
      November 9, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Sorry to break it to you, but you need to move on from this person, if they can’t appreciate how you cared and how you treated them and how you took care of them, then more than likely the only thing that will make them appreciate it is your absence. Let her learn from her mistakes.

5. me
      November 9, 2011 at 11:06 pm

its your own fault for being a doormat; are you really sure this is the kind of woman you want for yourself? she sounds like a basket case to me.

6. ANEWDAY
      November 10, 2011 at 5:36 am

Don’t settle for less. There are plenty of women out there who are not doing any of these types of things, and wondering where guys like you are. Find someone who appreciates you, and find someone stable. In the end you’ll be way more happy, because think of how life would be like if you were married and she was still struggling with all of these things. Love with your head, not your feelings.